• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 28

Zouken said:
But I thought that Zurvan, Judas, and Shirou were all Sensories of the Observer.

>Sensories of the Observer

...They (Shirou, Sukuna, Zurvan, Judas, ect) are called the Observers. And yes, these Observers resemble one of the 5 Narakas, Varuna

So, i just found out that Ootake and Akuro names are actually based on Suzuka Gozen legends demons which are Ootakemaru and Akuro Ou. Are the other demons based on an actual legend too?

Aren't Sukuna and Shirou litteraly the same being? As in... Sukuna is a reincarnation "of" Shirou? Was he a separate entity from the start that just happens to look like him because Naraka sensory?

Sukana (Õ«┐Õä║) refers to outcasts common around the Kyoto region from the Kamakura period to the Edo period.

Yato (Õñ£ÕêÇ) is likely a reference to the Yato no Kami (Õñ£ÕêÇÒü«þÑ×). "gods of the night-sword" are snake deities in Japanese folklore appearing in the Hitachi No Kuni Fudoki (Õ©©ÚÖ©Õø¢Úó¿Õ£ƒÞ¿ÿ)

Momiji (þ┤àÞæë) means Autumn Leaves

Tokoyo (Õ©©õ©û) means "Forever unchanging" or is an abbreviation for Õ©©õ©ûÒü«Õø¢ meaning Distant Country, Heaven, or Hell.

Best I could find for Morei (µ»ìþª«) is Úÿ┐Õ╝ûµÁüþé║, a General during the Heinian period.

Numahime (ÕÑ┤ÕÑêµ»öÕú▓) seems to be a reference to Numakawa Hime a Japanese Goddess. A Goddess of Children and Safe Dilevery

The Kanji for Akuro and Akuro Ou don't match up, what truly matches up with Akuro is µé¬ÞÀ» or Bad Road.

TonySansNom said:
Aren't Sukuna and Shirou litteraly the same being? As in... Sukuna is a reincarnation "of" Shirou? Was he a separate entity from the start that just happens to look like him because Naraka sensory?
No, now we know that the "Observers" we knew (Zurvan, Judas, Shirou and Sukuna) were only based on 1 of the Naraka who is called Varuna. They are not related in any way with the only exception of being Varuna's puppets. Only Sukuna is a reincarnation of Shirou.

"Naraka" is the name of a group of 5 people who were Mithra's comrades during the Pre-Throne/original era, theirs names are:

•Varuna (OG Shirouface)

•Alina

•Savitr

•Sakra

•Vivasvat

They're the 5 entities that Hajun see in the deepest level of the Throne.

Zouken said:
But, what about the whole "Lover of Mithra" Part. Was Varuna alone the Lover of Mithra?
According to KKK VFB, his love is not your normal kind of "love" but a condescending one like "look at her, so stupid yet so lovely!" and it's either her or nobody. It might have changed a bit since KKK but he still called her "my woman" in Pantheon prologue.

Also Kaikhosul is Kai Khosrow, who is a Character in the Shannameh, related to Farangis, another character from the same Epic. and Ferdows is named after Ferdowsi, the author of it.

Would you all agree?

He could be named after King Kaikhosru, in fact that is quite likely. It's just the connection between Kai Khosrow and Farangis that garnered by attention.

µ│óµù¼Òü╗Òü®Òü«ÞÂàµÀ▒ÕÑÑÒü½µ¢£ÒéëÒü¬ÒüæÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒâèÒâ®Òé½Òü«µ£¼Þ│¬Òü½Òü»µÄáÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüòÒüêÕç║µØÑÒü¬ÒüäÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒÇé

What would this translate to in English?

So is pantheon supposed to be a mix of Zorastrionism, Hinduism amd Buddhism concepts?........Sounds OP if I say so myself.

Its something about "Hajun, unless you dive into the supreme depths of esoteric doctrines, you cannot graze the essence of Naraka" or something of that sort.

Ahura Mazda is Zoroastrian,

Paradise Lost is Judeo-Christian,

Zoar sounds to just be Jewish. We really don't know for sure yet, but judging by the name it is Jewish.

Omega Ewigkiet is really its own thing, but the levels of Ewigkiet are named after the Realms of Creation in Jewish Esotericism, specifically Kabbalah.

Don't know about Anima Entelecheia.

Mahamara is Buddhist.

Amaterasu I don't know, nobody does. Probably nothing as Hirume has no Craving.

Zouken said:
Its something about "Hajun, unless you dive into the supreme depths of esoteric doctrines, you cannot graze the essence of Naraka" or something of that sort.
Yeah i got that much from Google Translate.. :))

I translated it using my knowledge of Japanese, along with Jisho. If you need to read Kanji, use Jisho. Its a Japanese dictionary. Takes longer, but is more accurate.

Also my Google Translate says that Esoteric Doctrines meant Ocean. It also removed the reference to Hajun. It also thought Graze was Squeze or Take. Which are other translations, but Graze seems more accurate here.

Also sorry I coulden't help any further, I am far from fluent. I can only read Childrens Tales fluently, so Masada is far above my level. As even Japanese speakers express some level of difficulty with him.

波旬 = Hajun

Òü╗Òü® = Extent, Degree, Measure

Òü« = Of, Possessive Marker

ÞÂà = Extreme

µÀ▒ÕÑÑ = Esoteric Doctrines

Òü½

µ¢£ = To Dive

ÒéëÒü¬ÒüæÒéîÒü░ = Unless, If one does not

ÒâèÒâ®Òé½ = Naraka

Òü« = Possessive

µ£¼Þ│¬ = Essence

Òü½Òü» = In Order to

µÄáÒéï = Graze

ÒüôÒü¿ = Nominalizing Sufix

ÒüòÒüê = Even

Õç║µØÑÒü¬ÒüäÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒÇé

That sentence is just saying that unless your super awareness is on Hajun's level (points at his Tengan), you cannot perceive the Naraka for shit. This is from KKK's VFB, and it was kept for Saoshyant Desatir (yay, something that wasn't retconned), as Hajun is the only one that can perceive them even remotely. Sadly, Hajun's head too much up his ass for it to be relevant.

Zouken said:
Ahura Mazda is Zoroastrian,

Paradise Lost is Judeo-Christian,

Zoar sounds to just be Jewish. We really don't know for sure yet, but judging by the name it is Jewish.

Omega Ewigkiet is really its own thing, but the levels of Ewigkiet are named after the Realms of Creation in Jewish Esotericism, specifically Kabbalah.

Don't know about Anima Entelecheia.

Mahamara is Buddhist.

Amaterasu I don't know, nobody does. Probably nothing as Hirume has no Craving.
Anima Entelecheia is its own thing like Omega Ewigkeit, while Amaterasu is clealry Shinto. Hirume as Amaterasu, Habaki as Izanagi, Yomi as Tsukuyomi, etc. Mibu is probably Futsunushi, the god of sword, since both have similar concepts

Sephiron000 said:
TonySansNom said:
Only Sukuna is a reincarnation of Shirou.
This is what I wanted to know. So Sukuna really is a reincarnation of Shirou. I know about all the rest being "their own being" while still being an observer of Naraka, obviously.

Shirou and Sukuna are the same being. "Tenma Sukuna" is just a name that was slapped onto him by the first Eastern Expedition 300 years before KKK begins. When speaking among each other, the Yatsukahagi address each other with their real names.

Yeah, that's the only catch there. Ren's Gunzei Hensei put them in the same body, though Erii can detach and act independently. Just ask Rokujou how his meeting with a certain "Elly Strife" went.

Says ÒüéÒéÅÒüåÒü┐Òü«ÒüªÒéôÒü¥ on his profile. Google translate says Awaumi no Tenma

@Trex

I am a hereric for being different. My hair is blue. All i see is mercury

My sister a hoe. Stupid bitch

ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR

My god, i just learned my brother from the previous world who was loved by everyone is now my sister in this next world and we're fighting a bunch of feminists

Back