• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
SleepyTBubble said:
Don't we also don't agree with a lot of Fate GO NA TL because they are shit?
you would have to mention specific examples since i dont follow the NA TL all that much in any way shape or form.

i just go from the directly translated JP stuff from people with a good quality track record.

not that i care much about Nasu nowadays anyway. 40K and Sigmar all the way baby.

>"I wasn't even talking about that," not my fault if you dont recall all relevant information. if you cant recall and combine the facts, that speaks to your lack of ability.

Ah so you not knowing what I am talking about is my fault for not recalling relevant information? What the heck? Pretty sure you are just delusional at this point.

>LIGHT aprroved and paid for this translation.

i dont give a damn if you dont like it. it is out there as the official product. deal with it.

It's not a matter of me liking it or not. This is not subjective, but objective. The translation is wrong there, deal with it. This official product has a native language you know. Which is what was actually written, then translated. If this was done poorly, light having paid or not doesn't shield it from criticisms. Unless you think the original said "Demigods" (censoring not to offend religious people, the hell?) instead of "Gods" when the kanji there is literally þÑ×.

>please showcase that "multiverse" with "infinite timelines" via showing the differences between those timelines in some relevant fashion like every other story with a multiverse does.

Another rule about fiction that came right out of your butthole.

>also. good luck ignoring Marie's words about just being 1 reality and doing some fine mental gymnastics.

Mental gymnastics is more of your thing, because this never happened.

Embracetophats said:
Trexalfa29 said:
>also. good luck ignoring Marie's words about just being 1 reality and doing some fine mental gymnastics.

No multiverse
World there refers to the entirety of reality under the Throne, which is a multiverse, idiot. Then there's also the fact that as I said, Eigou Kaiki is a Management Type Law and predetermines all. So then there's only one reality, the path along the timestream Mercurius sets. So much for calling people out on "Muh flowery text" yet when an egregious example appears you cannot even tell it is? Confirmation bias, the thread.

Pretty sure there's a mention of Tamamo saying Amaterasu can destroy the multiverse

the JP uses õ©ëÕìâõ©ûþòî though which doesn't TL to multiverse at all

No multiverse
World there refers to the entirety of reality under the Throne, which is a multiverse, idiot. Then there's also the fact that as I said, Eigou Kaiki is a Management Type Law and predetermines all. So then there's only one reality, the path along the timestream Mercurius sets. So much for calling people out on "Muh flowery text" yet when an egregious example appears you cannot even tell it is? Confirmation bias, the thread.
ok then, let's replace "world" with "reality" then.

"a reality with only one reality with no means of escape. wasn't that your universe..."

that change doesnt change much.

would you like "universe" then?

"a universe with only one universe with no means of escape. wasn't that your universe..."

better?

because you seem hung up on specific terms rather than the whole sentence as a whole.

Imagine a sentence in a language you don't know that says "Hello everyone". I know the language, so I translate it for you for a just price. My translation says "**** your entire lineage".

Some guy shows up who also knows the language, reads it and says "Eeeeh mate you kind of ****** up". Can I go "Hey mate they paid for it is now official. If you don't like it, deal with it"?

+"But but that's not what it says at all!"

-"DEAL. WITH. IT".

Embracetophats said:
PsychoWarper said:
Unless every person in each different timeline each have their own different predetermined destiny, in no way does that reduce it to one timeline.Also hows that statement of fact? It seems more like its a speech directed towards a group of people, the "ladies and gentlemen of the modern era" or whatever.
if you watch the video which i actually linked you will see that Merc says EXACTLY this and no proof of the contrary is ever given.
In this video (Which I have watched 3 times now) Mercurius is basically telling a group of people that free will is a lie and that your destiny has already been determined by Fate. He then asks what are they gonna do and if they will fight against it.

But that doesnt prove there cant be other versions of those people, it would just mean each version already has their destiny predetermined.

SleepyTBubble said:
Pretty sure there's a mention of Tamamo saying Amaterasu can destroy the multiverse
the JP uses õ©ëÕìâõ©ûþòî though which doesn't TL to multiverse at all
Goetia did.

Amaterasu is at least comparable.

if you want to talk "3000" worlds or whatever that is, you have the alien god messing with galaxies.

and of course, a multiverse would be bigger than 3000 anyway.

not to mention that Servants will often use terms native to their culture when expressing themselves and sometimes that term will be translated to the closest equivalent in the language that the story is written in.

but why do you care?

Trexalfa29 said:
Imagine a sentence in a language you don't know that says "Hello everyone". I know the language, so I translate it for you for a just price. My translation says "**** your entire lineage".
Some guy shows up who also knows the language, reads it and says "Eeeeh mate you kind of ****** up". Can I go "Hey mate they paid for it is now official. If you don't like it, deal with it"?

+"But but that's not what it says at all!"

-"DEAL. WITH. IT".
which is why paid proofreaders exist

Embracetophats said:
Trexalfa29 said:

No multiverse
In that same scan isnt she saying "Our possibilities are limitless" which seems to somehwhat contradtict what Mercurius said in the video you psoted earlier.

PsychoWarper said:
In this video (Which I have watched 3 times now) Mercurius is basically telling a group of people that free will is a lie and that your destiny has already been determined by Fate. He then asks what are they gonna do and if they will fight against it.

But that doesnt prove there cant be other versions of those people, it would just mean each version already has their destiny predetermined.
which is why we dont look at fact strictly in isolation and i also bring up what Marie said.

in order to make a pattern, you need more than 1 point.

not sure if this was from CSI or a quote from something else, but there is a quote that says "2 points make a line, 3 make a pattern".

i could go into the theoretical implications of what a multiverse would mean for hadou god conflicts and how the story refutes that, but this is not the time

PsychoWarper said:
Embracetophats said:
Trexalfa29 said:

No multiverse
In that same scan isnt she saying "Our possibilities are limitless" which seems to somehwhat contradtict what Mercurius said in the video you psoted earlier.
i think that that might have been Rea saying it actually, but she was told a lot of info on the situation with Karl's world.

and no, it didn't say "our possibilities are limitless under Karl", it said "Now that he isn't in charge, our possibilities are endless", most likely in refference to not having your live predetermined anymore because that was the point of that whole dialogue

SleepyTBubble said:
>but why do you care?
Yeah why do i indeed

We need Satanel in our lives truly.
this may be the first time we agree on something.

everything seems to meaningless after Satanael.

we go from the first three being about the nature of good and evil to the rest being about self satisfaction.

everything from the 4th to the 7th can burn in hell for its meaninglessness

>we go from the first three being about the nature of good and evil to the rest being about self satisfactio

Implying any of the first three cared about Good and Evil or shit like that for anything else other than just selfish desire. Salt God doesn't even come close lmao

Embracetophats said:
i think that that might have been Rea saying it actually, but she was told a lot of info on the situation with Karl's world.

and no, it didn't say "our possibilities are limitless under Karl", it said "Now that he isn't in charge, our possibilities are endless", most likely in refference to not having your live predetermined anymore because that was the point of that whole dialogue
So basically under Mercurius its reduced to one timeline but under other Hadous it has limitless possibilities? So the size of the multiverse depends on the Throne God? Or are you saying something else?

SleepyTBubble said:
>we go from the first three being about the nature of good and evil to the rest being about self satisfactio
Implying any of the first three cared about Good and Evil or shit like that for anything else other than just selfish desire. Salt God doesn't even come close lmao
pretty sure all 3 of them did, at least in regards to the desires that birthed their laws

PsychoWarper said:
So basically under Mercurius its reduced to one timeline but under other Hadous it has limitless possibilities? So the size of the multiverse depends on the Throne God? Or are you saying something else?
will make it short since i am about to collapse from being tired and need to go to sleep.

Merc=everyone does the exact same for all eternity.

Everyone else afterwards= "do whatever the **** you want humans"

but "limitless possibilities" doesn't equate to "limitless paralel self-sustaining timelines". it is kind of like being at a crossroads and knowing you can choose any direction but once you do, there are not any other realities where you chose a different one.

i can later give you examples of series that treat "limitless possibilities" in this sense, if you want.

also, i have been using the term "multiverse" as just a term to establish a conversation. i don't believe something holds specific characteristics just because of its name unless it is proven to me. for a very basic example, i will mention my dog. he is named after a bird, however, just because he holds the title doesn't mean he has wings or a beak. same for this "multiverse". DI spent a long time establishing it as the opposite of that notion, so just because it happens to be named like that, its characteristics didn't change from what was constantly portrayed in DI and as a result, i will not believe that it is different from what was portrayed just because of its name.

"extended along entire of the multiverse" shit highkey is a mistranslation. seeing we have direct evidence for universe being nigh infinite/boundless in size [1] [2]

we know Gods are walking universes [3][4][5] and bigger than them [6] so something billions times bigger than earth being capable of harming Gods doesn't make sense.

anyone has japanese scan of extended shit? so we can check that.

"A world with only one reality" in context was referred to Acta Est Fabula and Mercurius only accepting one ending aka Marie taking over Throne and dying in her hands. basically Mercurius's era had infinite possibilities but entire of events were determined/planned for reaching to "only one specfic possibility aka Marie taking over Throne" otherwise Mercurius would have resetted cosmology again.

also saying old multiverse term was = possiblities is appeal to tradition and authority fallacies. every fiction isn't supposed to going throught multiverse term like that.

tbh we have plenty evidence for backing up multiversal dies irae: "Shiori own ability is testament of multiverse existing since she's summoning alternate variations of hersrlf whom, as stated, not copies of herself but genuine versions KKK also mentions that Merc expanded territory from singular universe to multiverse"

"the fight against Hajun Yakou witnessed while taking a dive through Singularity showed the annihilation of multiple universes because of the pressure of the warring Gods, Hajun speaking when the Shokou Mandala crew got to the Throne annihilated countless universes. Kouha again repeats it in Saoshyant Desatir, Masada said it in QnA sessions before KKK released"

https://pastebin.com/sd5emHuR https://pastebin.com/VhGih3TB

also frankly saying vsbattles is this and that because of some highballers and lowballers is hasty generalization. every community has both good and bad members. i was in discord, instagram and google+ debating communities and they had countless amount of extremely cancerious idiots.

all this reminds me of the failed attempt to give Fate series a very high tier just because "cthulhu mythos appears, is mentioned, is supplemented and is correct, is" faithful ", there is nothing wrong, blablabla" when we talk about facts or feats (without being explicit or going on a case-by-case basis) it does not live up to what is proposed or the original cthulhu mythos has (even interpreting it in the highest possible way).

LMFAOO, let me guess... embrace? my god, i already argued and debunked how masadaverse would be 1-A but then he's still persistent with this BS of trying to downplay them to universal

What did I just walk in on?

Anyways, not sure if this has already been mentioned but I just wanted to chime in that I might have found the source of that pentagram that Methuselah summons for Nihil Difficile Amanti. Appears to be something called the Seal of God.

Imagine being one of those who wanks Nasuverse Characterss and come to this thread to deny evidence and proved stuff, irony becomes alone.

Matteste said:
What did I just walk in on?
Anyways, not sure if this has already been mentioned but I just wanted to chime in that I might have found the source of that pentagram that Methuselah summons for Nihil Difficile Amanti. Appears to be something called the Seal of God.
what iteration of the pentagram?

LumixXto said:
Imagine being one of those who wanks Nasuverse Characterss and come to this thread to deny evidence and proved stuff, irony becomes alone.
why do most Shinza haters are Nasu fans? are they envious 'cause Shinza is far better in both quality and power?

Eh, i'm a Nasu fan here and i just like both. In fact, i support Shinza here. Love it. The guy just likes to wank for some bruh reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back