• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down you two. This is devolving into ad hominin attacks, mostly by Embracetophats. Just, stop feeding the fire Trexalfa29. Just let him be wrong.

You know the only places I really see VSBW get shit talked alot is Comic Vine, which is full of a bunch of salty ******* that bring up VS for no ******* reason, and Reddit whos well Reddit... who cares.

Youtube and Spacebattles are the only other really relavant debating places I can think of and Youtubes is just purely toxic but it has so many other issues its just eh, as for Spacebattles I rarely see VSBW brought up outside a few users and SB honestly isnt that bad nowadays.

PsychoWarper said:
You know the only places I really see VSBW get shit talked alot is Comic Vine, which is full of a bunch of salty ******* that bring up VS for no ******* reason, and Reddit whos well Reddit... who cares.

a LOOOOOOOOOOT of facebook groups dedicated to the activity exist.

especially the ones where you got to prove every aspect of your argument for every statement or idea that you make about a character

32aee65f8970297f39f8b350680ec6c5
Straight away lifted from Pantheon's page. This is Mercurius' bio, and even that mentions multiverse in the 3rd line.
There's no evidence my ass, you don't even need to go to the games, even promotional material straight away spells it out for you.

Who the **** goes on Facebook to debate fictional characters? Like the ****? That just sounds depressing plus the forumating of Facebook would be aweful for character debates.

Facebook is also known for toxicity and idiocy. Facebook is where people like Flat Earthers and Anti-Vaxxers go to, and all kinds of other stupid. Along with being very aggressive.

Not saying everyone is like that, but it has a reputation.

Ive seen like one character debate on Facebook and it was full of idiots spouting off BS and was extremely toxic, thought obviously not all will be like that but Facebook seems like an aweful place to debate stuff like this.

Trexalfa29 said:
>More tryhard E-tough guy bullshit.
in Hell, Heaven and Metatron's Future realm at most, but never proves the existence of a multiverse beyond pretty CGs, because Setsuna and co never, ever interact with any parallel universes.

did you miss the extensive explanation on the topic within the first hour, the mention of universes with intelligent dynossaurs (among many other specific mentions in the same explanation), the notion that Setsuna's universe was the only one where earth didnt have a concept of religion and went to shit as a result, the diagram showing how Heaven and Hell are situated above and below the multiverse respectively and the multiple human characters that you interact with that are taken from multiple paralel versions of earth (swordsman kid, kid who ate a demon, girl who ate an angel) and some who discuss the differences in who was prime minister over each year in their respective universes?

did you conveniently forget aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of that or do i just happen to have a good memory despite only reading each scene once?

you may watch said explanation within the first 10 minutes of this video and that is not even counting the character interactions that were mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRfuquDEX1Y&list=PLhumgEr0z0tYGlECkNgfXPZmkNBOUGF7K&index=3

good job at ignoring the 2nd mentioned verse btw. great proof of intellectual honesty.

PsychoWarper said:
Ive seen like one character debate on Facebook and it was full of idiots spouting off BS and was extremely toxic, thought obviously not all will be like that but Facebook seems like an aweful place to debate stuff like this.
the more close off groups only let you debate in extensive formats. the ones you want to go for are the ones that focus on "private debating", which gives you a number of turns to make your arguments that you are then graded by a jury of your peers that are handpicked.

People in other websites hates us, oh the humanity.

What are we going to do? How will I feed my children?

My whole life is crashing down just for that.

Trexalfa29 said:
32aee65f8970297f39f8b350680ec6c5
Straight away lifted from Pantheon's page. This is Mercurius' bio, and even that mentions multiverse in the 3rd line.
There's no evidence my ass, you don't even need to go to the games, even promotional material straight away spells it out for you.

meaningless. a concept that was not executed and to this day stays as merely an idea until a story written on the topic and not "muh horrible hellish timeloop" is written.

you trusting this statement is you calling Merc in the prologue a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWF-2SbfI8&t=1s

it is you calling Shirou, Rein and Ren after connecting to the Throne and getting info from it and discussing how bad his and the other 2 laws are, a liar.

it is calling Marie, as she was dancing after becoming god and saying "Cagliostro, yours was a world where no one had freedom, but now our opportunities are endless" a massive ******* liar.

No multiverse

you are, at least, able to understand that a "multiverse" in the classic sense of the word, is the ultimate expression and scenario that allows for individual choice and freedom while a timeloop like Merc's where everything is pre-determined stands as the very opposite of that, right? you are able to understand that much i assume.

Zouken said:
This is the worst thing ever, how would I ever live with myself. Strangers that I will never communicate with indirectly have negative feelings about me.
makes it funny when people screencap admins on this page ******** on these very same groups.

honestly, i dont expect much in the way of intellectual honesty or logic from anyone on this entire wiki.

Cant the Japanese word for World also mean like Universe and stuff like that? Like someone referring to universes and even multiverses as "Worlds" isnt exactly uncommon iirc.

PsychoWarper said:
Cant the Japanese word for World also mean like Universe and stuff like that? Like someone referring to universes and even multiverses as "Worlds" isnt exactly uncommon iirc.
not when you have gods saying stuff like "there is only one reality" / "you didnt give us any possibilities" and "limiteless possibilities are just an illusion in this world"

so, 2 gods saying those exact words and Ren and Reinhard saying the same throughout the story by other words.

No multiverse 2

Zouken said:
So you are blaming me for the actions of others? How is that intellectually honest?
i expect you to have been unfortunately corrupted by such dishonesty despite your probable previous purity if you have read the works in question and dont speak out against said dishonesty.

"all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Are you really acting like these other groups are innocent, on Comic Vine people will literally start ******** on VSBW for no reason.

I spent years on CV and have been on the various other sites a multitude of times over the years and all of them have issues and there are plenty of dishonest people on other sites. Like we are debating fictional characters, all of this is a matter of interpretation.

I do agree that some of the Staff can be rude and dishonest, and I don't speak out simply becuase I don't like getting into arguments, and leave it up to others.

There are many choices I disagree with, like how I don't trust this wiki when it comes to the Nasuverse. As I strongly disagree with the scaling & all of that. But thats not the point of this conversation. This is about Masada.

I much prefer more intellegent debates, I may disagree with you, but I only started getting judgemental when you began to resort to ad hominin attacks against people. Insulting them for not seeing something the same way as you.

That is why people are getting angry at you.

Also said by Psycho, curroption exists on every platform, not a single one is free from it. Everyone has bias, and have blind spots and trigger points rising from this bias. Like how you seem to have a bias against VSB.

i think people just have an issue with your consensus being way too far off or otherwise taking stuff out of context.

but that is not the point. the point is discussing the relevant scans.

Also isnt the whole "limitless possibilities are just an illusion in this world" just Reinhards grand speech about how everything in this world like your destiny and future where already predetermined by the gods/fate and iirc Reinhard wants to break that?

Zouken said:
I do agree that some of the Staff can be rude and dishonest, and I don't speak out simply becuase I don't like getting into arguments, and leave it up to others.
There are many choices I disagree with, like how I don't trust this wiki when it comes to the Nasuverse. As I strongly disagree with the scaling & all of that. But thats not the point of this conversation. This is about Masada.

I much prefer more intellegent debates, I may disagree with you, but I only started getting judgemental when you began to resort to ad hominin attacks against people. Insulting them for not seeing something the same way as you.

That is why people are getting angry at you.

1- well at least we agree on that first one. lack of info, extreme highball and extreme lowball, bias, etc, but most pages in this wiki have that anyway.

2- hey i got attacked first and it isnt the first or the fifth time that i have come to discuss calmly and people actually get massively triggered at casual conversation or they start make personal attacks or are dishonest to the highest degree. so i am merely replying in kind to not just this instance but the previous ones too.

Embracetophats said:
i think people just have an issue with your consensus being way too far off or otherwise taking stuff out of context.

but that is not the point. the point is discussing the relevant scans.
Off concensues? Dude you seem to be debating the legitimacy of Multiversal stuff when the Hadou gods on every site ive seen have been Multiversal to 25-D, ive only every seen people say it was lower a few times and they didnt provide any actual scans or used extremely out of context things

PsychoWarper said:
Also isnt the whole "limitless possibilities are just an illusion in this world" just Reinhards grand speech about how everything in this world like your destiny and future where already predetermined by the gods/fate and iirc Reinhard wants to break that?
please watch the video.

it is a direct speech from Merc and a statement of fact and the very first thing you see when you boot the game. it is literally a straight statement of the premisse of the entire story you will be reading after you boot it.

"how everything in this world like your destiny and future where already predetermined by the gods/fate"

that by definition would force a multiverse to narrow into a single timeline, if a multiverse existed to begin with. assuming that this was indeed for every person. this would be very hard to prove considering that Merc whole thing is "i am going to just watch and do nothing".

Unless every person in each different timeline each have their own different predetermined destiny, in no way does that reduce it to one timeline.

Also hows that statement of fact? It seems more like its a speech directed towards a group of people, the "ladies and gentlemen of the modern era" or whatever.

PsychoWarper said:
nsues? Dude you seem to be debating the legitimacy of Multiversal stuff when the Hadou gods on every site ive seen have been Multiversal to 25-D, ive only every seen people say it was lower a few times and they didnt provide any actual scans or used extremely out of context things

so if enough people say it then that is reality? i guess back in the day the world was indeed flat and the sun went around the earth because, hey, people said it often enough.

1- did you miss the part where that "24D" barrier was stated to be shattered by mountain level attacks? seems like a pretty big thing to take into account for your tiering if physical 3D low level feats defeat your idea of tiering. and that is just one of like 4 things in that extract that should make you go "hmmm...maybe i should look into this more and get the whole text for this scene before i make a deliberation"

saying "25D" as a general platitude means jack shit if a fist undoes all of that.

2- ignoring all the stuff in DI saying stuff like "my multiverse is a billion times larger than a regular grand cross" or "damn buddy, you took my strongest attack that was city level" and "damn boy, you easily blocked my strongest god attack. let me begin laughing at that excitement this early into the fight" i see.

3- ignoring all the fights agains the Tenma that didnt have multiversal level of destruction, i see. (or even country level, but hey, details)

PsychoWarper said:
Unless every person in each different timeline each have their own different predetermined destiny, in no way does that reduce it to one timeline.
Also hows that statement of fact? It seems more like its a speech directed towards a group of people, the "ladies and gentlemen of the modern era" or whatever.
if you watch the video which i actually linked you will see that Merc says EXACTLY this and no proof of the contrary is ever given.

Dude your the one whos saying "i think people just have an issue with your consensus being way too far off or otherwise taking stuff out of context." im just saying what the concensus of the other sites is from what ive seen.

>Characters haven't interacted with multiverse.

>Mercury literally shoves a multiverse into Ren and Reinhard's faces in Mitsudomoe after turning it into a goddamn elementary particle.

Lmao. But why do I care anyway, it is obvious you are selectively ignoring lore details you don't like.

BTW, Laws in Shinza can follow two types depeding on how much free will they allow: Control/Management Type and Freedom Type. Eigou Kaiki is the former: it allows absolutely no free will beyond what's already predetermined to happen. Across the entire multiverse. This necessarily reducing it to just a timeline is just you SENTENCING it so under the authority of your holy intimate parts.

PsychoWarper said:
Dude your the one whos saying "i think people just have an issue with your consensus being way too far off or otherwise taking stuff out of context." im just saying what the concensus of the other sites is from what ive seen.
why did you assume that i was talking about DI or hadou gods specifically when i was mentioning the wiki as a whole?

Trexalfa29 said:
>Characters haven't interacted with multiverse.
>Mercury literally shoves a multiverse into Ren and Reinhard's faces in Mitsudomoe after turning it into a goddamn elementary particle.

Lmao. But why do I care anyway, it is obvious you are selectively ignoring lore details you don't like.
Sem Título 2
Sem Título3
i do very much enjoy your smug attitude while at the same time forgetting that said "multiverse" is only about as big as a galaxy (if you do the math), give or take.

but please, tell me how a multiverse of defined and limited size is infinite and endless

You are not one to be speaking about smug attitudes, specially when your interpretation of this text is absolutely absurd. Where are you getting "multiverse is the size of a Grand Cross" from there? I wasn't even talking about that, I was talking about Omnia Fert Aetas. Inb4 you shield behind the move's ENG mistranslation, I'm just calling it.

"BTW, Laws in Shinza can follow two types depeding on how much free will they allow: Control/Management Type and Freedom Type. Eigou Kaiki is the former: it allows absolutely no free will beyond what's already predetermined to happen. Across the entire multiverse. This necessarily reducing it to just a timeline is just you SENTENCING it so under the authority of your holy intimate parts."

please showcase that "multiverse" with "infinite timelines" via showing the differences between those timelines in some relevant fashion like every other story with a multiverse does. doing it within a VN or with merely just text isnt hard.

Sem Título5

also. good job on ignoring Marie's words about just being 1 reality and doing some fine mental gymnastics.

you say that it is infinite timelines with limitless possibilities just repeating themselves, then prove that contradictory paradox with proof, because i can damn well show you proff that it isnt.

Trexalfa29 said:
You are not one to be speaking about smug attitudes, specially when your interpretation of this text is absolutely absurd. Where are you getting "multiverse is the size of a Grand Cross" from there? I wasn't even talking about that, I was talking about Omnia Fert Aetas. Inb4 you shield behind the move's ENG mistranslation, I'm just calling it.
LIGHT aprroved and paid for this translation.

i dont give a damn if you dont like it. it is out there as the official product. deal with it.

"Where are you getting "multiverse is the size of a Grand Cross" from there". the part where it extends along the whole "multiverse".

"I wasn't even talking about that," not my fault if you dont recall all relevant information. if you cant recall and combine the facts, that speaks to your lack of ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back