• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Wonky Calcs on Thing's page

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
The Thing's page currently lists three very questionable calcs, coming from NarutoForums.

Umbra tanking Planet Explosion​

An unknown force turned the siphon's energy flow (Siphon was the planet draining the energy) in upon itself, trapping Jaagur and Umbra into an Infinity Vortex! Drawn through the vortex, we emerged in this remote corner of the universe.
As you can see, nothing states they were in the explosion, as the vortex happens BEFORE the spaceship explodes, hence they shouldn't scale to it, it's an OOC feat​
  • Even ignoring that, the calc randomly presumes the planet is Earth sized. We actually do see this planet once, sizewise it's described as a small planet, and while it AT LEAST has "miles" in its surface area, that horizon seems to imply it's likely really small

******* Basilisk​

• Overtime, Potential, Hyperspecific Scenario, Environmental Destruction, Chain Reaction "feat". Absolutely no reason anyone, honestly not even Basilisk, should scale to it.

Ego's Planetary Rip​

• The file actually miswrites this feat as "Ego's Explosion", it's not. What it actually is, is calculating the KE of the Thing being flung out of Ego due to gravity (if not I am genuinely confused what the **** it's even about, because Ego just didn't "explode")
  • This calc in my opinion is flawed since it's assuming Thing interacted with any debris relevantly, but you can see on the scans provided, that's not exactly... the case. Thing had seemingly VERY sufficient space to traverse to the planet's exterior, only interacting with what seems minor debris at best.
  • An argument can be made that the Thing survived the force ripping apart Ego himself, which I think is ignoring that Ben just... doesn't go to any trajectory that'd be a result of that, hell he's shot AWAY from the supposed source of attraction, and this shooting off is the only forced acknowledged, which is working on him. So while the assumption is somewhat realistic... it's questionable to say the feat is showing this phenomenon, certainly not enough to validate it if it was the only supporting feat
Best to remove them for the time being

Last edited:
For the record this thread alone isn't about the 5-A downgrade, remain objective.

Yeah get rid of them until someone recalcs them.

He doesn't have raw feats of his own for 5A tier, so we can just scale him from other characters. Tho I believe his strength varies because of his willpower (I will look for a scan/issue of this), so his tier might need to be adjusted slightly.

None of these feats are 5-A, they're 5-B, listed as "supporting evidence" for the 5-A rating (even though funnily enough these are contextually VERY peak feats)

This seems fine to me. Thanks a lot for helping out.

Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back