• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Shang-Chi Rework

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

This is through me going through 370 issues or so. Anywho summary of changes:
  • Split the profile into two keys, Classic and Modern. Reason being alot of chi stuff made more prominent in the Avengers (and likely later runs to come) isn't as prevalent in the original comics, which are written like fairly grounded martial arts comics
  • Classic is listed as Likely 8-C, scaling to Iron Fist and Wolverine (also technically Classic and Modern incarnations trade blows in a weird scenario but ehhh its kinda too weird imo to list), I recognize Shang-Chi has both higher (scaling to Spider-Man) and lower feats (scaling to fodder and Elektra), but I feel 8-C makes the most sense contextually, he genuinely feels more in par with Iron Fist than being laughably stronger or weaker in contrast, difference between them comes mostly from pure skillset. Also Wolverine just has... weirdly consistent feats with Shang-Chi.
  • Modern is rigidly 8-C, he's consistently potrayed in that tier. All those "High 8-C feats" people show of him are mostly missing context, and definitely don't overpower his 8-C feats.
  • Added a "higher" with chi, since we barely see him use it, and it does fuckall to Red Hulk, but still worth listing for the implication of the amp alone.
  • Added more abilities.
  • Added references.
  • Changed summary to represent character premise better
  • Added more renders
  • Other minorish changes

@Antvasima Gather input if you're able to

Also rename the page to "Shang-Chi (Marvel Comics)", it's more accurate to the comics naming scheme

Finally that terrible duplication ability is gone

IT looks awesome, so much better. Tho if you could add a bit of an explanation to the chi/stat Amps thing, it would be great. Otherwise I have 0 issues with it.

Finally that terrible duplication ability is gone
I mean I can list it as a "Possibly"

I don't believe I need much more than the Red Hulk scan for stat amping. Like, basic insinuations 'n' stuff, y'know?

It seemed far more impromptu in context to be considered as "well prepared".

I do recognize real-life firewalking isn't impressive, but I just don't believe the way they showed it, was meant to be akin to the RL skill

This seems fine to me.

I will rename the page, but somebody else needs to update all of the links to it.

This does not seem very controversial to me, so probably not a lot.

Checking the blog again, it looks fine, but I have some questions, as I've checked the current profile

Is there something wrong with his resistance to Mr. Negative's touch?

Are his ripping heads off feats considered outliers? (although him snapping a "human's" head is weird)

Him defeating an entire army of assassins should be mentioned in some way (either stamina, skill or both), assuming the feat itself doesn't have problems I'm not aware of.

Lastly, in this scan I'd say they fought for an entire night, as it seems the sun is rising instead of being high into the sky.

Checking the blog again, it looks fine, but I have some questions, as I've checked the current profile

Is there something wrong with his resistance to Mr. Negative's touch?
It feels like a weakness of Mr. Negative's power than Shang-Chi's feat tbh
Are his ripping heads off feats considered outliers? (although him snapping a "human's" head is weird)
I mean, does ripping heads off yield higher than snapping chains?

Also it's moreso a weird sitch, where the person he ripped the head of, was extremely decayed looking.
Him defeating an entire army of assassins should be mentioned in some way (either stamina, skill or both), assuming the feat itself doesn't have problems I'm not aware of.
Done
Lastly, in this scan I'd say they fought for an entire night, as it seems the sun is rising instead of being high into the sky.
Mmm prior page it was day, you can quickly read the issue if you doubt it.

Mmm prior page it was day, you can quickly read the issue if you doubt it.
Both pages should be linked then, ontherwise how can someone know?

It feels like a weakness of Mr. Negative's power than Shang-Chi's feat tbh
Is this weakness supported or stated elsewhere?

Also it's moreso a weird sitch, where the person he ripped the head of, was extremely decayed looking.
Yes, that's true, but he genuinely ripped off the heads of robots, which should at minimum be comparable to humans imho.

Both pages should be linked then, ontherwise how can someone know?
Fine I'll add it later
Is this weakness supported or stated elsewhere?
It's not a power stated for Shang-Chi elsewhere either, default presumption shouldn't be hand p&A over sus feats.
Yes, that's true, but he genuinely ripped off the heads of robots, which should at minimum be comparable to humans imho.
I think that's a very disagreeable notion tho, biological systems can very well be replicated worse in machinery.

In terms of looking for scans of his feats, what is the cutoff date for the Classic era, if you had to pin it down?

It's not a power stated for Shang-Chi elsewhere either, default presumption shouldn't be hand p&A over sus feats.
Maybe it's one of his mental resistances? I don't quite remember how Mr. Negative's powers work other than changing your morality, but Shang Chi apparently resisted those effects via mental fortitude or something?

I think that's a very disagreeable notion tho, biological systems can very well be replicated worse in machinery.
Makes sense, though he still ripped away metal, wires, tubes and stuff.
At worst they can be used as support material.

Mehhh honestly it all seems redundant and unnecessary, we're using better feats listed already

After you two come to an agreement, the accepted revisions can probably be applied.

I mean Saman is only asking me to list additional scans, I'll apply the already accepted stuff right now, we can discuss supplementary stuff further

Actually just to annoy you even further, I think air manip should be vibration manipulation, that's what shockwaves are usually filed under

"Note that this does not apply to characters who can create shockwaves through brute force"

From vibration manipulation page

That's weird, because many characters actually do have that, I always thought it was for characters who can use them in a meaningful way.

Gotta make a CRT! (hoping it gets accepted, otherwise rip :V)

I mean Saman is only asking me to list additional scans, I'll apply the already accepted stuff right now, we can discuss supplementary stuff further
Okay. That is probably fine then.

Back