• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Peak Human Revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i've had a lot of problems with the Marvel pages. Mainly people like Elektra, Daredevil so on. Peak Humans.

And oddly enough, many of them are noted to be supersonic, or in Elektra's Case "Massively Hypersonic"

But her speed and strengh are noted as being "Peak Human". So how does this work exactly? Which one is correct now? And Elektra is not the only one.

Daredevil is staed to have Attack Potency of Small Buildings because he can hurt the Punisher, but Punisher is rated as Small Building Level because he can hurt Daredevil. Same with the Punishers Speed. He is rated Massively Hypersonic because he can keep up with Elektra.

Fact is, however, and stated, that all of these people are Human. Not more. No mutants, just the peak of what humans can reach with training alone. So could we please change that to match that?

Problematic is really that this goes against Word of God. That say's he is a normal man. In comic he fights against Guys 50 times stronger than that. Then he gets hurt by a damn thrown fass.

Not really. Crossbones is a Normal man. So is Falcon. and without the Iron Fist Danny is stated toonly be peak human level. So why are they all 8-A? And someone needs to fix Batroc's page. How can he be 9-B for being comparable to Captain America? (And by the way Batroc is also a normal Human).

Well, Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent in terms of versus matchups.

I talked about the Marvel scaling with Matthew and other staff members, and they think that only the absolutely strongest "street characters", such as Captain America, Wolverine, and the Black Panther, should be 8-A, with the rest at 9-A.

However, a lot of these pages have not been updated yet, as Matthew is very busy IRL.

Are you willing to accept help from the community in this regard?

They could check with you about the accepted scaling first.

You can ask Meosos and TeenAngel101 if they are willing to help you out with updating the pages.

I think that it is easier to place all of the lowest tier fighting characters at 9-A for the sake of consistency. Everybody should at least scale from the Punisher.

I also asked TeenAngel101 and Meosos to help you out here.

I really have no idea who gets to be 8-A and who doesn't. As only the strongest should be 8-A, but I don't know who qualifies as such besides Captain America.

For now, all the street levellers should only be scaled to 9-A via scaling from Punisher's Durability. With Massively Hypersonic combat and reaction speed via scaling to Daredevil's microsecond bullet timing feat.

Yeah, dude, that is literally not an argument. That's the peak in real life. As such, this is Marvel Comics. The furthest from reality you can get.

I think we should make Moon Knight At least 9-A, likely higher under a full moon. Unless someone can provide scans of legitimate scaling to 8-A.

TeenAngel101 said:
I think we should make Moon Knight At least 9-A, likely higher under a full moon. Unless someone can provide scans of legitimate scaling to 8-A.
I am fine with this.

Well, I'm pretty sure we need to upgrade Quicksilver to either 9-A or 8-A. Whichever Matt prefers.

I'll look through and see which ones need updating.

Quicksilver should probably be 8-A.

Black Panther (Don't know if he legit scales to Cap, or if he was ever really described as his equal)

Gambit (Pretty much ALL his stats need revising)

Mystique

Iron Fist (Unsure of his 8-A rating)

Hawkeye (Pretty sure he isn't a measly 9-C, and is likely Massively Hypersonic and not Supersonic)

Black Widow (Same as Hawkeye)

Storm (Physical stats and speed need updating and revising. Someone should also revisit her planet storm calc for KE, as the old one only used the energy of the storm)

Blade

Cyclops (Both physically and with his beams. His planet splitting claim is described as hyperbole, but I'm pretty sure he has also harmed Colossus with them)

Magik (Base stats are unknown)

Taskmaster (Unsure of his 8-A rating)

Black Cat (Should be at least 9-A)

That's all I can find for now.

We talking people now that surpass Peak human Strength or Peak Human Speed?

Hawkeye, Daredevil, Cyclops, Elektra, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Scorpion are all who are peakhuman and surpass Peak Human Speed.

TeenAngel101 said:
Black Panther (Don't know if he legit scales to Cap, or if he was ever really described as his equal)
Gambit (Pretty much ALL his stats need revising)

Mystique

Iron Fist (Unsure of his 8-A rating)

Hawkeye (Pretty sure he isn't a measly 9-C, and is likely Massively Hypersonic and not Supersonic)

Black Widow (Same as Hawkeye)

Storm (Physical stats and speed need updating and revising. Someone should also revisit her planet storm calc for KE, as the old one only used the energy of the storm)

Blade

Cyclops (Both physically and with his beams. His planet splitting claim is described as hyperbole, but I'm pretty sure he has also harmed Colossus with them)

Magik (Base stats are unknown)

Taskmaster (Unsure of his 8-A rating)

Black Cat (Should be at least 9-A)

That's all I can find for now.
Taskmaster is definately 8-A. Cyclops if 7-C with his beams anyway, Blade is already 8-A but should be MH, Black Panther DEFINATELY Scales to Cap as he has fought him 2 losing once (and even Cap said Black Panther wasn't at his best during their very close fight) and defeating him (in a sparring match), BP has also defeated Wolverine (twice) has fought against Iron Fist and defeated Deadpool. He is firmly 8-A, no doubt about it.

Black Panther is fine at 8-A.

Gambit should probably be 9-A.

Mystique should be 9-A.

Iron Fist is probably fine where he is, but is portrayed inconsistently.

Hawkeye should be 9-A.

Black Widow should also be 9-A.

Storm should be 9-A physically, as should Psylocke (without telekinetic enhancements).

Baron Zemo should be 9-A.

Shang Shi should be "At least 9-A".

Blade should be 8-A.

Cyclops should be 9-A.

Magic should probably be 9-A, but it is best to check with the latest handbooks first.

Taskmaster should probably stay at 8-A.

Black Cat should be 9-A.

Moon Knight should be 9-A normally, and maybe 8-A when enhanced by the Moon.

Batroc should be 9-A.

Crossbones should be 9-A.

Emma Frost is not a fighter. She might get an Unknown rating.

Kitty Pryde and Star-Lord should be 9-A.

Scorpion (Camilla Black) should probably be 9-A.

Falcon/Captain America should be 9-A.

U.S.Agent should be 8-A.

I do not know where to place the Human Torch and Invisible Woman, as they are also not fighting characters.

Mister Fantastic is another question mark, but he once supposedly simulated strength similar to the Thing.

Quicksilver should probably be 8-A and Speed Demon is roughly equal to him. Northstar should likely be 8-A as well.

Heilergott said:
We talking people now that surpass Peak human Strength or Peak Human Speed?

Hawkeye, Daredevil, Cyclops, Elektra, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Scorpion are all who are peakhuman and surpass Peak Human Speed.
That is not how that works. Peak Human in real life is 10-A. And at most 9-C. In Marvel, even street level characters are triple digit Mach and can tank land mines strapped to their chests.

Which is exactly the problem that I have. Stan Lee and his Lot say these guys are made after the image of normal humans. They are the peak of what OUR species could do. And yet they TANK BOMBS and dodge point blank bullets.

Yes...but Healso said different writers will portray characters at different strengths. The most consistant level of strenght is 8-B to 8-A for the more powerful ones and 9B - 9-A for the weaker ones.

Stan Lee has also stated outright that he and Marvel do not care at all about logic during matchups, and strictly let whoever they prefer win the fights.

Also shouldn't Hawkeye and Black Panther be upgraded in speed they both dodged an explosion in a microsecond iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back