• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Note addition to Storm's file + Trion filemaking

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I've been getting bothered offsite for this multiple times, renewed interest in Storm and all, so didn't try finding scans for everything and whatnot, it's abit of a rush job. I'll do a full rework of her page on a later date.

So Storm is a really powerful mutant in Marvel, but like most powerful mutant we end up at an issue, her powers are too esoteric to be indexable as Attack Potency or tiering,

For the uninitiated, her primary power is Energy Manipulation, as she can manipulate the pathways and whatnot of the energies in her surroundings, making her only as powerful as what her opponent throws at her and what's around her. She doesn't have inherent energies, and she can harm 4-Bs and higher beings by using their own energies against them (Case with her fight with Stardust and Trion respectively, should be easy to find the issues for those), and this can be seen apparent in the scan brought up in the recent Death Battle as well.

Now as said, I don't believe this is exactly... indexable in tiering, she is literally not generating energy, something our system is reliant on, so her net AP would actually end up being 0. But this is still relevant extremely to her tiering, and isn't reflected by our current file, ehich offers NO JUSTIFICATION whatsoever for her energy manip.

As such her Energy Manipulation should be changed to (Can effectively redirect energies of beings as powerful as Trion) - Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 369, with Trion herself getting a page due to her indexing relevance to Storm (Estimating her to be around 3-A/Low 2-C, even if she has higher-D shit wouldn't be an outlier for Storm due to lack of antifeats).

So yeah this revisions requires two steps:
  • A page for Trion (Simple characters with 3 issues of total appearances)
  • Edits on Storm's page afterwards
Fairly basic and agreeable revision

I think that it was stated outright that Storm and Juggernaut were immensely powered-up due to the unique special properties of the magical realm that they visited. Non-goddess Storm could never work on that level on her own, and her greatest feats were of a planetary weather manipulation scale, as far as I am aware.

However, we can scale the more recent Hadari Yao goddess mode Storm from The Adversary, as that was not a temporary external power-up.

Oh the notion is that Storm can manipulate Low 2-C energies if she's in the vicinity of them, they're not implicated to her tier. We can also use the Stardust feat if you'd prefer.

Again, from what I recall from that Alan Davis story, Storm and Juggernaut were explicitly stated to have been immensely powered-up by external circumstances, whereas other members of the X-Men had their powers changed to work differently.

Stardust also seems like an outlier. Didn't Storm harm her with a regular lightning bolt and the Black Panther restrain the Silver Surfer "with police grip leverage" in that story as well? It seems like a case of the writer favourising and hyping up his favourite characters rather than something more concrete and reliable, given that Storm's own maximum raw power feats under regular circumstances are in the 6-B range.

Didn't Storm harm her with a regular lightning bolt and the Black Panther restrain the Silver Surfer "with police grip leverage" in that story as well
Tbf the Silver Surfer thing was him intentionally jobbing rather than him actually jobbing like in most stories.

As for the cosmic energy manipulation I agree it's not reall indexable but it being noted should be fine. Though I wouldn't use Trion as much as Stardust.

I don't know. It is just a single instance, and Storm's lightning bolts have usually not been displayed at anywhere near that level as far as I am aware.

It doesn’t really have antifeats either tho :V

this isn’t scaling to her lightning bolts in a standard sense :V

Okay. I suppose that the Stardust feat is probably fine then.

It seems like we have mostly reached a conclusion then.

However, I think that she should also keep her Low 6-B (?) environmental destruction level based on the accepted calculation for her greatest feat in this area.

Most Marvel characters are. Thor and the Black Panther both vary between tier 9-C and Low 1-A depending on the story/how much each writer wants to hype or humiliate them.

Anyway, a "Low 6-B environmental destruction, 4-B with lightning bolts, Low 2-C or 2-A in Hadari Yao goddess mode" statistic seems like what we have to work with here.

No. She has generally been treated as a weather manipulator, not as an all-round energy manipulator, by most writers.

Yes, they are dadaistic in a power-scaling sense, but if we use reasonable consistency and personal feats, I think that it is possible for us to eventually make the profile pages sufficiently reliable.

No but the previous discussion was rejected due to it being a super minor key :V

I think that she still has access to her Hadari Yao abilities if she really needs them though.

Low 2-C or 2-A in Hadari Yao goddess mode
Pretty sure I made it crystal clear that she doesn't have anything on that level. She is stronger than her base level, sure. But nothing that high.

Plus adversary was written pretty weak, don't think he was as op as his original self. Until further power development, I think we should refrain from slapping tier 2 on her.

Okay. Noted. Does she have any other feats in that mode?

Okay. Then we can probably skip that key for now.

Should we mention something about the issue in a footnote on her profile page, to avoid controversy?

That seems fine to me.

You should preferably embed a link to our Marvel and DC rules page in "minimum criteria" though.

Thank you. I have unlocked the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Should we close this thread as well?

Never mind. It seems like the new statistics were not added yet.

Back