• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Key Removals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annihilus seems fine
Gambit I'm iffy since it sounds important in the sense that it basically goes "Okay here's how strong he'd be without X limiting him" so might be worth keeping due to it being a hard limit for what ever his regular Key can do

About Gambit, why don't we just merge it with his first key. "4-B at full potential (or peak)". Something like that

I disagree with keeping the Gambit feat, the "Full Potential" is surgically restricted for him, it's just straight up not accessible, it's not as simple as the name suggests

Still, if it comes from himself he should have it, of we hypothetically put him in a match where he's teamed up with a Biological Manip who can trigger that in him then knowing how strong he is would be useful, or maybe it's a Reality Warper, or maybe he fights someone with that who uses it on foes to put them at their best to defeat them like that.

We just have to write somewhere that it's surgically restricted to let people know he can't just use it normally.

Yeah we can mention that in notes section because it seems rather important for the character's statistics

Well, I personally don't want every brief temporary power-up to be mentioned in the comics profile pages, given the long histories of the franchises.

It's not a power up though, from my understanding. If it's not contradicted by anything else, then I don't see why we need to remove it.

It may as well be a power up given that he can't logically access it.

We don't list any superheroes before they got their powers, or list Xavier when he wasn't crippled, why are we randomly making an exception here? Only reason I can even think, is that it gets him to 4-B

Tbh the scaling of that key is extremely wonky. 4-B for killing Jean Grey Phoenix, who is most definitely not a 4-B. And it was an alternate universe version of Jean Phoenix, who afaik has no reason to scale to 616 Jean Phoenix.

I agree with nuking the key entirely.

If that's his only feat thing, then sure yeet it away to the 9th circle of hell.

Been a long time since I read it, but I assumed he had other legit feats. If not, end it

I also agree with Impress. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back