• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Skyfather Tiers

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Skyfather Tier characters currently scale to "At least 2-C, possibly 2-A". What were the issues of just having them outright 2-A?

From what I recall from the thread, it was to make a compromise. Though I do think it was also because the scan that says "Yggdrasil is possibly infinite compared to the 9 realms" was one of the main scans used, and because 2-C has a good amount of feats portraying them at that level.

But there is the infinite planes of reality scan. That one is definitive
Only going off of vague memory but I think there was also something about scaling destroying Yggdrasil off of the writer's interpretation of Yggdrasil, so that in different stories it'd be portrayed differently. I don't think anyone stuck with that idea though.

I also recall something about certain scans (I specifically remember it being about the Mephisto vs Hela clash) being hyperbolic, so that probably had something to do with it as well.

I've never had an issue with the 2-C low end since Yggdrasil being infinite is only a possibility and not a given

I think it boils down to the fact that Yggdrassil is extremely inconsistent from writer to writer. Iirc, the highest interpretation of the said structure comes from Fraction's run, which could be even higher than 2-A tbh.

I think it boils down to the fact that Yggdrassil is extremely inconsistent from writer to writer. Iirc, the highest interpretation of the said structure comes from Fraction's run, which could be even higher than 2-A tbh.
Really?
They do have other justifications though, like being capable of killing the Phoenix Force or on a similar level to Dormammu

Killing Phoenix force should never grant anything good tiering wise, at least that's how I see it. Also they are already being downscaled from Dormammu. But we currently treat Odin's file like shit. He has proper power mechanism, but he is currently in this state because other skyfathers are shit lol

Too many anti feats. Both her and Galactus. So killing/harming them badly, imo, is nothing extraordinary as many weaker characters have done so, or have many statements of doing so.

Alright. I just think that it should at the very least warrant 2-A, not "possibly 2-A"
Odin should get up to 2-A, yeah. But then again, a few dozen characters relies on him, so that causes issues. If you can break him from the chain, then sure.

Back