• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Loki rewrite

This is long overdue, but eh...

So a few months ago I started a project to go through Loki's appearance in Marvel Comics to create a respect thread, since his current one is awful for many reasons (inaccurate stats due to handbook scaling, a practice we've long abandoned, or copy-pasting his power list straight from OBD). With the respect thread finished, I drafted a prototype for Loki's profile.

To summarise the major changes:

• Throwing away the handbook scaling to Carol, and instead using more instances of him fighting herald-level characters to support him being 4-B.
  • Throwing away the P&A list copied from OBD and adding many missing abilities as can be seen in my prototype blog
  • Complete rewrite of Intelligence, Equipment, and Weaknesses.
But, well, here's a problem. Copied from my message to Ant:

I was trying to do Kid Loki next but as I got pass the Fear Lords story I kinda lost interest because he displayed very few noteworthy feats that I got bored. I'm also not a fan of Ikol, what with the meta nature of Agent of Asgard and the way he has been written after that series (War of Realms, retconned Thor past, etc.), so I can't guarantee ever doing an Ikol blog.

So basically my prototype blog above covered only Classic Loki (Journey into Mystery #65 - Siege). My interest in the reborn versions (Kid Loki, Ikol, King Loki, God of Stories, Sorcerer Supreme, etc.) rapidly died down because I'm not a fan of the way the character is written.

Ant suggested that we should give Loki the Doctor Strange treatment and use my prototype blog for the Classic version of Loki. The reborn version will have to be done by someone else.

I agree with going the Strange method of profile separation (If you'd like I can take a geeze at modern Loki or Ikol)

I am obviously also fine with replacing the old Loki profile contents.

I hate Marvel Comics currently, but I can appreciate any effort going into keeping our info up-to-date.

Looks alright to me.

I also want our profiles to be as reliable as possible, to an obsessive perfectionist degree in fact.

If in another 12 hours no one objects I'll just paste my blog to a new profile and have the current one deleted.

Someone will have to pick up Kid Loki where I left off, unfortunately. Just finished the Fear Lords arc after Fear Itself and getting into New Mutants, but the Disir are too much for my taste to continue

It is better to paste your profile into the current page, after which I can rename it.

I will unlock it for you.

Sorry to ask but shouldn't loki at least get some type of power nullification of hax for being able to casual classic strange's spells? Or at least unknown with magic, with in parenthesis of capable of casually overwhelming strange and negating his spells?

Magic shields are not the same as power nullification.

Well, Loki did not depower Doctor Strange, he just negated the effects of the latter's spells.

That's the issue I have with scaling people to Strange. Was he written as the Sorcerer Supreme challenging cosmic threats by the time of Strange Tales and Journey into Mystery?

The page of Loki's spirit body casting off Strange's restrain spell is in the respect blog anyway

Doctor Strange was not presented as anywhere nearly as powerful in the beginning of his career.

Back