• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Cable Revision/Upgrade

Sandman31

VS Battles
Retired
Warning: Very long

Cable vs Silver Surfer​

This seems to get brought up a lot whenever theres a discussion about Savior Cable, about how Silver Surfer one shotted or stomped Cable but the problem is is that it wasn't really that straightforward. If you read the entire arc including the interviews, recaps and dialogues it would be obvious why Cable lost that fight.

How and why Cable orchestrated his own "death", defeat and disempowerment​

Cable's Interview with Irene Merryweather + other stuff​

Cable and Deadpool #7 -Irene Merrywearther - Newspaper interview with Cable
Cable and Deadpool #9 - Cable's last will and interview Part 1
Cable and Deadpool #10 - Cable's last will and interview Part 2
From reading these interviews we know that:

1. Cable's power was increasing further to the point that it will be too much for his body to handle and he will lose control

298901192_583239890185152_5882030997143639886_n.png

(Cable#18)
Cable's mutation was growing exponentially to dangerous levels.

What you became when you were infected by the transmode virus. Given time, your powers will develop naturally... your body and mind will be as one...and you will have no peer throughout the universe! until that day comes, relax that I am here for you

Cable's power was stated and shown to be increasing throughout the time he was able to unlock his abilities (Soldier X to Cable and Deadpool vol1)

Cable "burning out" doesn't refer to his power disappearing, quite the opposite, Cable's power kept increasing to the point that it will eventually burn out his system and cause him to lose control of his powers.
(Cable and Deadpool #1)
295543265_8620855581273882_4457199891920575415_n.png

(Soldier X #1)
296479087_5074005679374795_1092232460525787480_n.png

Cable and Deadpool #10 - Cable's last will and interview Part 2
291623011_1955685771295381_1638635352550747169_n.png

Cable: The more powerful I recently became. The more I searched for something of value. Power without worth was useless to me

This increase in power can be seen if you pay attention to how powerful he is
Soldier X #12 Can't use his telepathy on a world wide scale
In Cable and Deadpool #1 Cable had head aches trying to scan the minds of all people in building
In Cable and Deadpool #2 He was having trouble sifting through the mind of an entire city

Jump to Cable and Deadpool #7-10 and...

• Cable's telepathy has grown to the point that he was constantly listening and talking to everyone on the planet (Cable and Deadpool #9 - Cable's last will and interview Part 1)
  • Cable's telepathy is so powerful that Emma Frost with Cerebro struggles to shield a conversation from him. At this point Cable is reading the minds of everyone on the planet at once and is inside everyones heads. (Cable and Deadpool #7)
  • Emma Frost Psi shields are barely able to hold up due to Cable having ionized the planet with the strength of his telepathy (Cable and Deadpool#9)
Cable saying that due to the expansion of his powers, controlling the TO is almost an afterthought

7268173-rco005_1468664415.jpg

while in Soldier X Cable said that he needs to use 20% of his power to keep the TO virus at bay. He also stated that the expansion of his powers will cause him to eventually lose control of it.

2. Cable was seriously suicidal
Aside from his powers eventually going out of control Cable was also shown to be extremely suicidal. This can be seen from his conversations with Domino/Six Pack and the interview with Irene

After the fight with Surfer and lobotomization, the Six Pack were able to locate Cable but Cable, after being lobotomized by Deadpool, has little control of the his last remaining power which caused Six Pack to be drawn in the dying Cable's mindscape. Inside his mindscape the Six Pack met with a Cable who is literally skipping with joy due to his impeding death.

Cable and Deadpool #12

"A part of me is actually happy to just let go..just to...stop fighting!"
"Do you have any idea how heavy a burden it is to walk around with all of this piled on your back. I made my "big statement" to the people of the world. If you weren't paying attention, shame on you. I'm done with being a general, a messiah, a savior and a fool all at t he same time"
"I've done enough, haven't I? I've fought long enough! let my last act --- showing people how this world could be better --- let that be the end!"

3. Cable wanted to sacrifice himself to show the world that it could be better

This was his plan all along, he basically did Zero Requiem before it was cool. Hell he even explained it to Surfer while they were fighting
IM: That's right I'm mad! And you're crazy! Here I am interviewing you because you truly wanted to save the world, and I wanted people to see that. Sure you're a bit nuts, but hey, your motives are pure, I just didn't know suicide was part of the game plan!(Cable and Deadpool #10)
And if I died saving them --- then my sacrifice --- their guilt --- would serve as the catalyst to keeping them together! (Cable abd Deadpool #10)
"I've done enough, haven't I? I've fought long enough! let my last act --- showing people how this world could be better --- let that be the end!" (Cable and Deadpool #12)

Knowing all of that would allow me to access my powers to the fullest of their abilities -- that it would let me bring the world against one common hope and one common enemy (Cable and Deadpool #9)

If Cable planned to lose then why is he ranting to Surfer not letting him complete his plan? The answer to that is in the interview, in Cable's last will/interview/testament. Cable said he planned and micromanaged everything that happened in that storyline
IM: And there's no other way to accomplish your plan short of dying at the precise moment that allows you to stave off the annihilation of the entire planet?
Cable: No, I've pretty much got it figured out to the last decimal point
As shown in the interview, Cable knew, and planned, that he's going to be stopped just as he was about to finish his "plan"
(Cable and Deadpool #12)
IM: Unless what?
Cable: An unexpected wild card exacerbates the situation. I don't know, somehow forcing me to generate more power than I had planned to use on a faster timetable. That might cause me to burn out faster, before I can cover the world in my little telepathic security blanket. And then...
295561615_1125888665005851_3112971048580889866_n.png

Anyway, everything that happened was what Cable wanted to happen. After Deadpool used the device Cable "ordered" (manipulated him into assembling) to be assembled, Cable was able to use his powers one

"This is what I wanted...what I needed---only way to stop my powers --- to keep myself from ever losing control was to" (Cable and Deadpool #10)

To further prove that all of this is all according Cable's plan lets talk about the device Deadpool used.
The device that was used to lobotomized Cable, in order to remove his powers, was a future tech that Wade was paid to get. The Cat (Shen Kuei) was also looking for the parts of this device in order to stop Cable.

So who "hired" Deadpool? None other than Cable himself
Cable to Wade "But you have to understand something-- I wanted you to succeed!"
Cable manipulated Deadpool and the Cat into assembling the device that will be used to stop him (Cable and Deadpool#10)

Cable did not lose because he got outclassed, Cable lost to Surfer because that was what his plan was all along.

Aside from that, its been hinted, if not outright stated that Cable has knowledge of the future.
Cable: Irene, I'm a time-traveler, The entire concept of time is very malleable to me - not that I can timeslide now, but when I could, I'm saying, it changes your perceptions of the here and now, The present becomes a place to be, but you accept it is only but a fraction of all that was or will be

IM: And for those who will read this who don't speak Askani gibberish?

Cable: Not to sound patronizing, but I think on very different levels than those restricted to linear living- and most certainly on a different level than those whose power is dependent on the vagaries of regular elections or the lifespan limitations of dictatorial rule. (Cable and Deadpool #9 - Cable's last will and interview Part 1)
https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/69/cable_deadpool_2004_9
IM: You sound like you have this all figured out

Cable: I'm from the future, Irene. How do you know everything that is about to happen isn't something I read in my history tapes?

IM:I - I honestly hadn't thought of that, I mean, well, is it? History for you? Do you know the outcome of the actions you've taken?
Cable: Well, I'd certainly like you to think I do

IM: That's not an answer

Cable: Of course it is, just not the one you wanted to hear (Cable and Deadpool #9 - Cable's last will and interview Part 1)
Cable: They'll launch an attack. Several, probably. They'll start before my deadline even expires. That will fail. Then they'll send the superhumans. Probably the X-Men first. They're mutants, that's a safe message to send the world. They know me, so they'll have some tricks up their sleeves.
IM: You sound like you have this all figured out. Cable: I'm from the future, Irene. How do you know everything that is about to happen isn’t something I read in my history tapes? l honestly hadn't thought of that. I mean, well, is it? History for you? Do you know the outcome of the actions you've taken?

Cable: Well, certainly like you to think I do.

IM: That's not an answer.

Cable: Of course it is, just not the one you wanted to hear.

IM: You said the X-Men would come first.

Cable: They're the vanguard of the mutant rights movement. They've been given international authority. They have the coolest costumes. Yes, I'd expect they're first (Cable and Deadpool #9 - Cable's last will and interview Part 1)

Cable losing to Surfer shouldn't be used to block upgrade to Cable. Cable's loss to Surfer was part of Cable's plan so it shouldn't be used to say Silver Surfer is more powerful than Cable because its not even a real fight in the first place.

In fact there are evidence that Cable is more powerful than Surfer

Cable's Power​

Another one from the interview with Irene (Cable and Deadpool #9).

Irene asked Cable if he worries about the superhumans coming to stop him and this was his reply.
IM: I mean from a power standpoint.
Cable: Oh
(Smiling)
No, that doesn't worry me
IM: That powerful, are you?
Cable: Yes
IM: And that doesn't concern you?
Cable: Absolute power and all that?
IM: Sure
Cable: No, it doesn't, because I don't want this power. I don't want to rule. I want... (pause) to enjoy my life - (Cable and Deadpool #9 - interview page)

When Cable said this, he's gotta have to know about the Surfer considering that Cable was reading the minds of everyone on Earth. Sending Surfer was a plan by shield and we already know that Cable was constantly reading the minds of everyone on earth, including the guys at shield. Aside from that, as I previously said, it seems that Cable has knowledge of the future, including his fight with Surfer and his lobotomization.

But just because he said so doesn't mean its true right? That's true but there are other things that points in that direction.

Surfer was unable to stop the growth of Cable's power. In fact, him fighting Cable only caused Cable to burn out faster because he had to use more power than expected. And as established above, Cable's power was not the one burning out as many people think, its Cable's body burning out due to his increasing powers. Even after Cable's fight with Surfer his power was still increasing which is where the device he had Deadpool assembled came into play. The Cat, Cyclops and Deadpool even had an argument about this because Cyclops thought that Cable has been defeated by the Surfer so the device was unnecessary.

"I don't understand --- if Cable has already been defeated --- what good will this device do us now?"
"No, Nate's gotta have something up his sleeve. I know Cable better'n you do. He's too stubborn not to have figured this out" (Cable and Deadpool#10)

Immediately after Cable's fight with Surfer ended Deadpool bodyslided both of them into one of Cable's safehouse in Switzerland where Cable asked Deadpool to use the device on him

After he was lobotomize, Cable was still able to use his powers for a while and he used his telepathy to tell everyone this --
"I'm everywhere. I didn't know when this would happen --- when Deadpool used the device to excise my powers --- its given me one chance --- one gift --- to show people everywhere whats in my heart --- what's in yours --- in theirs --- everyone's --- if everyone...tried a bit harder--- to make the world a better place...its all right Scott --- Dad ---this is what I wanted --- what I needed --- only way to stop my powers--- to keep myself from ever losing control --- was to--- to..."

"You're tellin me he had himself lobotomized?"

Also, if you're wondering whats special about this device and how powerful it is, this device was made up of different parts and one of the part of this device, the Chronal Vacuum Filter, is a device that monitors the physical barrier of the space time continuum and is capable of rupturing reality (Cable and Deadpool#8)

Deadpool was also interviewed by Irene where Deadpool breaks the 4th and said that the device was a plot device to stop Cable when he becomes too powerful

(Cable and Deadpool #8)
289962262_1018951272146538_8469449356440166268_n.png

Destroying Silver Surfer's Board​

Cable destroyed Surfer's board. I don't know why people say destroying Surfer's board is nothing. Sure, Surfer can just repair his board but only powerful beings were shown to be capable of destroying/damaging Surfer's board like what Cable has done

MoXvBofqnhY4uN1ofh4r3RQXhKGdLT7cuZ4VVzD2tYTkxtCrFibKJiJ5KrUAvm0WLWMi-g3opjUW=s1600

Surfer's board is tough

Savage Hulk was unable to break Surfer's board even though he took his time to do so

In Annihilation: Silver Surfer #4 Ravenous was unable to break it

The people who were shown to be capable of breaking Surfer's board were people that Surfer definitely can't fodderize/stomp whatever

So here's a list of characters who has broken Surfers board and how powerful they were

• The Enslaver( Mrrungo-Mu) (Silver Surfer: The Enslavers #1)
The Enslaver, was able to shatter Surfers board with a single blast.
During their entire fight Surfer was being manhandle by the Enslaver and Surfer was only able to defeat him due to trickery and by destroying his ship which contains his power.
The Enslaver and his army were even able to starve Galactus and made Galactus flee to other galaxies
  • Durok (Thor #191)
Another one who destroyed his board was Durok

Durok was created by Karnilla at the behest of Loki for no other reason than to destroy Thor. The only way the Silver Surfer could beat him was to transport him to a far distant future just before the "Big Crunch" and leave him there.
  • Aegis and Tenebrous (Annihilation#1)
Aegis and Tenebrous were able to cause cracks on Surfer's board with their blast
Aegis and Tenebrous were shown to be a match for Galactus
  • Molecule Man
Molecule Man atomized Surfer's board easily

• Morg with Power Cosmic + Waters of Life
Morg destroys Surfer's board
Morg with the Power Cosmic + Waters of Life vs the Former Heralds of Galactus

Cable's Telepathy​

If Cable was actually fighting to win (He was doing the opposite. As I showed above, Cable was fighting to lose) then he could have brought down Surfer with his TP.
In their fight Cable was able to forcefully link his mind with Silver Surfer. After Cable was lobotomized he was also able to not just link his mind with Surfer, he linked everyone's mind, including the Silver Surfer's mind, to everyone else, to show everyone whats in each others hear.
291621408_788660469121500_1731432038296899377_n.png

"I'm everywhere. I didn't know when this would happen --- when Deadpool used the device to excise my powers --- its given me one chance --- one gift --- to show people everywhere whats in my heart --- what's in yours --- in theirs --- everyone's --- if everyone...tried a bit harder--- to make the world a better place...its all right Scott --- Dad ---this is what I wanted --- what I needed --- only way to stop my powers--- to keep myself from ever losing control --- was to--- to..."

Like I said, If Cable seriously wants to win then he could have brought down Silver Surfer with TP alone. When Hope cured Cable of the T/O Virus he was again able to access his powers but the problem was thatCable basically had a brain-time-cancer which means he can't strain himself and use his powers much despite being free of the viruss and even then Cable was able to bring down the Uncanny Avengers team which included Thor with his TP (Cable and X-Force#10).

During X-Sanction, Cable, while dying due to the TO Virus, was still able to Psi-blast Red Hulk

Cable reading Irene's mind (Cable and Deadpool #7)
Cable: I can read their minds, Irene --- I can read yours too

0h6Tbiq6q1j2BYGYNGX6A5wMu_22mfBP90pDAY7JaFnyk9_YHFchgSelJz9Mz5QJr5wI6h4Izfsj=s1600

Its impressive because Irene's mind has been made immune to telepathic proving by Alecto in Cable #94. Alecto said that she made it so that Irene's mind will be unreadable even to the worlds most powerful telepath.

Alecto is one of the Norns/Fates. She was described as a being who controls the very nature of reality. Alecto said that she is the second of the three sisters that serves the lord of possibility and probability and that it is their duty to ensure that the multiverse functions properly

Baby Nathan Christopher empowers Apocalypse and Cyclops (X-Factor #68)​

EwJ5_-KavCl3TXEm-6bjmZr62FX1ynks5nmPvZkIl5SBWp4AtP9CwFO99PE632nIdJKY3FvrH_Pt=s1600

Overview

Both the scan of Apocalypse tanking attacks and the scan of Cyclops later destroying Apocalypse are of questionable value because both characters were likely amped by Nathan Summer's energy--1, 2.

Background
UNFORTUNATELY, YOUR FATE - IN-DEED、THAT OF ALL THE FABLED TWELVE - WAS SEALED THE MO MENT YOU BREACHED MY CITAPEL。AND THE INSTRUMENT OF THAT ULTIMATE OBLITERATION IS NONE OTHER THAN THE INNOCENT YOU'VE COME TO RESCUE:Cyclops infant son, Nathan Christopher!

The events kick off in X-Factor #65 when Apocalypse reappears to attack X-Factor. He kidnaps Cyclops's son, Nathan, and infects their celestial ship with a virus. To save New York, X-Factor flies into space where they meet the Inhumans. The Inhumans tell them that Apocalypse has attacked them as well, taking over their moon base and capturing many other Inhumans and forcing them into service. Meanwhile, Apocalypse hints at deadly plans to increase his own power at the expense of Nathan and other mutants.

After consulting with one another, the X-Men and Inhumans attack Apocalypse's forces to free Nathan and the captured Inhumans. After an initial defeat, the two teams rally, and Cyclops succeeds in destroying Apocalypse.

Discussion

Apocalypse was likely amped by Nathan's energy when he tanked the combined attacks of the X-Men and Inhumans. Early on, his servants connected Nathan to a machine, and Apocalypse talked about "absorbing [Nathan's] life essence into [his] own". Apocalypse also boasts that Nathan will be the instrument of X-Factor's destruction, implying that he's using Nathan somehow. Cyclops also quickly picks up on the situation and realizes that Apocalypse is reenergizing himself through conduits and targets them. So, it seems that Apocalypse was likely siphoning energy from Nathan somehow.

TmSQaSKFAE4_E7AOEcED7sEaY8_h7OShC_YcGXhHbVVYMENmVXF_4QwGQrMMNl3e0p5b3jHFK9yG=s1600

I THOUGHT, BY DEFEATING APOCALYPSE ... ... SOMEHOW THAT'D ERADICATE THE GENETIC VIRUS. THE LINK WE SHARED, THE POWER HE GAVE ME,ITS ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE. HE USED UP ALMOST STRENGTH

Similarly, Cyclops was also probably amped when he destroyed Apocalypse. Early on in the battles, an onlooker remarks that Black Bolt's voice seems more powerful than Cyclops's optic blasts, but as mentioned above, Apocalypse easily tanks both Black Bolts' and Cyclops's attacks initially. So, it seems unlikely that Cyclops's normal blasts would do much.

However, during the course of the battle, Jean uses Nathan's power to connect to Cyclops. Cyclops indicates the experience has a profound effect on him and specifically mentions being a gestalt of beings with Jean and Nathan. He then unleashes a blast that accomplishes what no one else could--the destruction of Apocalypse. Afterwards, he explicitly mentions that Nathan gave him power. So, given that Cyclops's blasts were noticeably weaker than Black Bolt, who could do nothing to Apocalypse, and the reference to Nathan's energy, it seems highly likely that Cyclops also was amped by Nathan.

TLDR: Apocalypse, pumped with baby Nathan's power and lifeforce fodderizes both the X-men and Inhumans, tanked Black Bolt's scream and Cyclop's beam without trouble. Cyclops and Jean then formed a link with baby Nathan to use his powers which allowed Cyclops to destroy Apocalypse with a single blast.

Askani/Apocalypse Prophecy

Cable was destined to destroy Apocalypse according to a prophecy received by Mother Askani (Racehl Summers). This is the reason why the Clan Askani took Baby Nathan in the future.

Also, before anyone questions if Rachel's/Mother Askani's is a reliable narrator and say that Rachel is just a "noob telepath" it has been stated and shown many times that Mother Askani is much more powerful than Rachel

Cable #23
There are only a handful of beings at any time -- who are capable of making contact with her. Once she was simply Rachel Summers -- the daughter of X-men Scott Summers and Jean Grey in some other possible timeline. To save this planet, she traveled into the future and started a revolution that brought down the high lord Apocalypse --- in that time yet to be, she was called the Mother Askani. Priestess. Warrior. Leader. She was all this and more... a force of nature. And before her etherial presence, blaquesmith trembles
In addition, Jean said that Mother Askani, who is currently comatose and dying, is more powerful than her (Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #4)

Rachel was given Cable's/Dayspring prophecy whens he was not a "noob telepath" but when she was the Phoenix. It even seems like the Phoenix itself revived Rachel to help fulfill this prophecy
(X-Men: Phoenix #2)
As shown above, Mother Askani, has a fraction of the phoenix force and can interact with the past, present and future versions of herself, including with the Rachel who have the Phoenix Force.
"This is my favorite version, you know...Rachel Summers at fourteen. Before Charles Xavier was assassinated --- before Ahab and his hound --- before the power of the Phoenix"
"This is the blessing and the curse of the Phoenix Force with in me"

Not to mention that Mother Askani/Rachel is the leader of Clan Askani. The Askani guards the timeline and can see the past, present,future and alternate timelines. It was was stated that the Askani was time spanning and with its disciples capable of existsing outside of time (The Further Adeventures of Cyclops and Phoenix#4) . Mother Askani's essence exists as long as the Askani exists (X-Force 2019 #9).

Anyway, there's a big difference between Mother Askani and Rachel. There's no reason to think that Mother Askani is not a valid authority and what she said shouldn't just be thrown aside as some rambling of an old religious nut or of a noob telepath

Mother Askani said that Cable is more powerful than her or any telepath combined, could extinguish a star with less than conscious effort and once his powers developed, will have no peer throughout the universe

"His obliteration guarantees my preeminence. As does his survival quite possibly my undoing"
In the future, Apocalypse has become much more powerful and is burning his bodies faster and faster (The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #1). The reason why Apocalypse was searching for Nathan was because he is the only one with the capacity to hosts his power without burning up.

(The Adventures of Cylops and Phoenix#4)
"Am I prepared to use the young boy as the final vessel for my near infinite power"

In the Search for Cyclops#4 Cable stabbed Apocalypse with his Psimitar which killed Apocalypse and caused his essence and spirit to disperse

Cable's genetics and essence
During the "Enema of the State" story arc (Cable and Deadpool#16-18), Cable fought an evil entity (The Skornn) and ended up missing. Although everyone presumed Cable to be dead, Deadpool ironically believes him still alive and asks Forge to create a device in order to track Cable down. With Siryn and Cannonball, Deadpool begins jumping from alternate earth to alternate earth finding many versions of Cable, from a Horseman of Apocalypse to an Utopian ruler.
Afte Cable

In the end it was explained that the worlds Deadpool passed through were changed because of Cable's essence passing through them.

Cable and Deadpool #18

THE CHILD ALSO SHOWS RESONANCE TRACES OF EVERY ALTERNATE REALITY THAT THE TELEPORTATION HARNESS TOOK DEADPOOL TO. THAT MEANS CABLE'S - ESSENCE- HIS SOUL, IF YOU WILL- TOUCHED DOWN ON EACH OF THOSE WORLDS- --POSSIBLY LEAVING A TRACE OF HIMSELF ON THE ALTERNATE CABLES THAT YOU THREE ENCOUNTERED.
"THAT WOULD EXPLAIN WHY EACH ALTERNATE CABLE WAS LIKE A PART OF THE WHOLE THAT WE KNOW . . ."

"...The soldier who lost to Apocalypse, the Jesus wannabe, the mindless machine"

Cable and Deadpool#16

"The Cable you seek is not in here but his essence is in all we are"

He finally reaches the real Cable, except that he is a baby and under the care of Mr. Sinister. When Deadpool finally grabs Cable, he unsuccessfully attempts to teleport out of the dimension, only to be impaled by Sinister. Deadpool, Cannonball, and Siryn are unaware that they are back in the regular Marvel universe, but that the world around them has been transformed thanks to the interference of the Scarlet Witch (House of M).

Deadpool and Cable were in "transit" when House of M was undone so they were not affected by the changes. Cable came back still an infant but due to HoM Sinister injecting him with Deadpool's gene he was growing at a rapid pace. The problem was that his mind was growing faster than his body and his metabolism was in overdrive which means he will lost his powers eventually.

Anyway, in HoM reality, Cable was created by Sinister through genetic engineering

Sinister described him as the representation of genetic potential of all mutants and has the power all mutants could ever hope to achieve

Cable and Deadpool #17
"He is the by-prodct of in vitro fertilization and some very careful mapping of the mutant genome potential"

Cable and Deadpool #16
"Cable. What an appropriate name for the personification of the genetic potential of mutants all over his world. I created the child to be a lifeline -- a link between all t hat has been ---and all that can be"
Cable and Deadpool #16
That child was designed to serve as the well spring for all the power homo mutatis could ever hope to achieve!

In HoM Sinister was raising the infant Cable to the savior of the world for his plans

290678674_1614013422329543_4709972824886815686_n.png

Cable and Deadpool #18
This child was the result of genetic engineering and the template equivalent of the Cable he knew

The Fates

In Cable #85 a being whos likely one of the Fates/Norns appeared to Irene Merryweather, Cable's friend and chronicler. She introduced herself as Alecto and warned Irene about trusting Cable's mentor Blaquesmith
Alecto said that the prophecy of Cable defeating Apocalypse is not the end of the prophecy but is merely just the start of Cable's destiny. Alecto told Irene that she must learn the truth about Cable's destiny and why he is called the Chosen One

In the next issue (Cable#86) we were shown that the Fates were observing Cable's fight against Gaunt in order to free Rachel. The Fates said that the Tree will end if Cable lost

The Fates returned again in Cable#89, now in the form of three children playing outside of Cable's headquarters.

In Cable#94 Alecto appeared again. She was described as a being who controls the very nature of reality. Here Alecto said that she is the second of the three sisters that serves the lord of possibility and probability and that it is their duty to ensure that the multiverse functions properly. She explained that they are the caretakers of Creation and that the reason why they care so much about Cable's destiny is because Cable is necessary to the stability of the multiverse due to him being a nexus of time and space

"You're manipulating Cable to act the way you want?" "To act the way he must to insure stability in the multiverse. Nathans Summers is a Nexus of Time and Space"

Savior Cable is not Full Potential Cable​

"Savior" Cable, the one that fought Surfer in Burnt Offerings, is not "full potential" Cable.

Cable's power was still expanding until the point of him being lobotomized. Mother Askani said that Cable's full potential will be unlocked one day when he gets rid of the TO virus and when his mind and body becomes one
What you became when you were infected by the transmode virus. Given time, your powers will develop naturally... your body and mind will be as one...and you will have no peer throughout the universe! until that day comes, relax that I am here for you

"Full Potential Cable" is a prophecy that is still not fulfilled.

Even though he grew powerful during Soldier X and Burnt Offering its likely not Cables full potential. Mother Askani said that Cable's body and mind will be as one when he reaches his full potential and this is definitely not the case with Cable in Soldier X/Burnt Offering, its been constantly stated that Cable's body has become his enemy and that his ever growing will kill him or eventually cause him to lose control (which was why he planned to depower himself and commit suicide).

orzCeKViDQRyB-I_i5Hy-Io7VSQjzR1nMgU0CEuJeFBm_UOf4d0GF2rXT54H3WiWk32wYKPE-Azg4TRmnNO1cqA8HPZPDY9yzVsKYQ87TVw55fs07KcN3VYWAP065BKYRN26RxuIzA=s1600

It was revealed that Cable's TO did not go away, its just that due to the increase of his powers it got easier and easier to manage

In Soldier X#12 Cable revealed that he still use 20% of his power to contain the TO
MvKUMEevJIt5I4PnilCVDc2WAXtIqjMJFObNUYyIWOG-DTz7bcVuEByk_hzijI4fOXyEV1V2R0biOUerLAHF4vuShATVVEa6F2nlK26hGxwxH_fkNTS8YRMq4xKc1gDuN5dqC2dEzQ=s1600

In Cable and Deadpool#3 Cable confirmed that his TO returned but controlling it is now just an afterthought. Cable also said that the continued expansion of his powers is not something that his body can withstand

7268173-rco005_1468664415.jpg

If we believe Mother Askani then he won't reach his full potential until his body and mind becomes one or else he will just burn out like what was happening to him in Cable and Deadpool vol 1.

Conclusions​

• Silver Surfer did not stomp Savior Cable. Everything that happened in the Burnt Offering storyline was set into motion by Cable himself.
  • Cable should definitely be higher than High 6-C.
  • Savior Cable is not Full Potential Cable.

Last edited:
Wow. So, if I understand well
  • Accelerated Development for Cable, I'll evaluate the wording on that if someone proposes it.
  • Something like ". Accelerated Development can make him to be likely 3-C (His fight against SS), up to 3-C (His full peak)"?
  • SS's board gets his durability listed in his profile.

He's 3-C at least, even as an infant he was shown to have enough power to amp Apocalypse to the point that he was tanking the combined attacks of X-factor and Inhumans, including Black Bolt (Btw Black Bolt is still 4-B, seems like his profile was not updated) going all out without problem. During that same issue Cyclops also destroyed Apocalypse after being boosted by Nathans power.

We dont know his full peak, he depowered himself way before he reached his full power.

Last edited:
Well, my logic goes like this: He can't get to have the power he had as an infant for most of his life->With his power growing, this doesn't necessarily mean that he got that powerful, just more powerful than before.

Well, my logic goes like this: He can't get to have the power he had as an infant for most of his life->With his power growing, this doesn't necessarily mean that he got that powerful, just more powerful than before.
I mean you can measure his power growth by using the T/O virus.

Infant Nathan and Base Cable only had enough power to hold back the T/O. They can still use some of their powers but majority of it is locked battling the virus.

Soldier X Cable still has the T/O but only uses 20% of his power to keep it in check allowing him to use his powers more freely. This means that Soldier X Cable is already more powerful than he was when he was an infant

Savior Cable is more powerful than Soldier X
Soldier X needs only 20% of his power to keep the virus at bay, vast improvement from Infant and Base Cable but 20% is still a significant portion of his power
while Savior Cable stated that controlling the virus is almost an afterthought to him, almost like breathing.

So, by using their control of the virus as a measuring stick, it would be Full Potential Cable >>Savior Cable >> Soldier X Cable >> Infant Nathan Christopher

Last edited:
Well, 2 issues with that
  • Do his feats and anti-feats hold up to it? (As in his showings outside all of what you showed)
  • Wouldn't it make more sense that the virus screw him over far less as an infant than as an adult, and thus needed far less focus to battle, thus allowing him to use far more of his powers as an infant?

Well, 2 issues with that
  • Do his feats and anti-feats hold up to it? (As in his showings outside all of what you showed)
  • Wouldn't it make more sense that the virus screw him over far less as an infant than as an adult, and thus needed far less focus to battle, thus allowing him to use far more of his powers as an infant?
Literally has no anti-feat aside from the Surfer fight which as I showed was not even an anti-feat. Soldier X and Burnt Offering was basically Cable stomping everyone until the Surfer fight (Which isnt even an anti-feat as I showed above since Cable loss on purpose to stop himself from getting more powerful).

Storm is 3-C with her lightning and Wolvie is 3-C with his claws

In Cable#36, when Cable was dying and his TK was going out of control, Storm said that there's little she can do against Cable's TK even with her elemental powers and that they might be doomed

yEE4JDmF63yHhn78bULJ7JhDeov77zuO3Kv_uw2KIBloXRPTW8Pm1fRyu5Sihkj-w9cA0xjO7GTV=s1600

The X-Men (Storm, Rachel, Wolverine, Beast, Emma, Iceman and Cyclops) ends up dead against Cable in 74 danger room simulation with Emma saying that the x-men ends up dead against Cable no matter what tactical scenario they try.

Combine this with all other feats and statements I really can't see how Cable is lower than 3-C.

Fights with Apocalypse, their fight causing time and energy to ebb, and nearly kills him until Death/Wolverine threatened to kill Caliban. After Jean separated Cyclops and Apocalypse, Cable used his Psimitar to destroy his very essence.

Last edited:
This is pretty furrow and well explained, good job on this. I'm surpised he's only listed as High 6-C actually, what happened to his Star Extinguishing statement?

Long to read, but everything is well sourced and I agree with the conclusions.

Though as a warning, X-Men lore isn't my strong point.

Thank you very much for helping out. This is probably fine to apply then.

The page in question is not locked, but you need to be logged in to your account in our wiki in order to edit.

I know this is a very late response, but Black Bolt is supposed to remain at 4-B from his own feat
Well, it seems like someone already upgraded his profile to 3-C with his voice.

Also, looks like Thor/Silver Surfer is going to be upgraded and I think Cable should scale

Even without it though he's got feats of his own which will put him at that level or higher. Like how his essence changed timelines and how the fates said that he's a nexus of time and space among other things

Well, it seems like someone already upgraded his profile to 3-C with his voice.
Huh. Seems weird given that it was already discussed that Black Bolt shouldn't scale
Also, looks like Thor/Silver Surfer is going to be upgraded and I think Cable should scale

Even without it though he's got feats of his own which will put him at that level or higher. Like how his essence changed timelines and how the fates said that he's a nexus of time and space among other things
So Tier 2 Cable?

Huh. Seems weird given that it was already discussed that Black Bolt shouldn't scale

So Tier 2 Cable?
Yeah

As showed above, Cable, even without scaling, already has feats that can be used to support tier 2.

His essence was stated to have caused the timelines they touched to change.

The device used to depower him being stated to be capable of rupturing reality.

Mother Askani saying that Cable at full potential is more powerful than her and all other telepaths combined. Note that Mother Askani isnt teenage Rachel, it has been shown several times that Mother Askani, after her physical death, basically lives outside the timeline. In the recent X-Force (2018) #9, Rachel, after reaching Mother Askani, was able to use the Phoenix

Another relevant thing since the Thor upgrade is because of the World Tree. In Cable #85 The Norns/Fates themselves considers Cable as the Chosen One and that his Askani prophecy of killing Apocalypse is just the start of his true destiny. In the next issue (Cable#86) we were shown that the Fates were observing Cable's fight against Gaunt in order to free Rachel. The Fates said that the Tree will end if Cable lost

In Cable#94 Alecto appeared again. She was described as a being who controls the very nature of reality. Here Alecto said that she is the second of the three sisters that serves the lord of possibility and probability and that it is their duty to ensure that the multiverse functions properly. She explained that they are the caretakers of Creation and that the reason why they care so much about Cable's destiny is because Cable is necessary to the stability of the multiverse due to him being a nexus of time and space

Savior Cable: 2-C

Full Potential Cable: At least 2-C

Hmm. We cannot scale every character to Thor and the Silver Surfer at their absolute 2-C peaks, which they are usually not portrayed at, and we have rules against chain-power-scaling for Marvel and DC Comics, as Marvel in particular usually runs on the principle of "everybody can fight everybody".

As such, Cable would preferably consistently need to be portrayed as comparable to them at their maximums or have feats of his own on that level.

Then again, I think that X-Man was portrayed as capable of creating universal space-time continuums at his peak, and Cable is potentially just as powerful. However, I think that X-Man was greatly boosted by a life seed at the time.

Well, what would the arguments be exactly? He fought the Silver Surfer on Earth, where the latter tends to greatly hold back, and his counterpart, X-Man, was greatly powered up by a life seed when he created a universe.

Well, what would the arguments be exactly? He fought the Silver Surfer on Earth, where the latter tends to greatly hold back, and his counterpart, X-Man, was greatly powered up by a life seed when he created a universe.
Ant, theres a reason why listed all the instances that Silver Surfer's board was destroyed by his opponent. I believe I have listed everyone who destroyed his board. The similarity between the people who destroyed Surfer's board is that they're not the type that Surfer can beat "holding back" hell SS wasnt even able to beat them in a straight fight and has to resort to attacking their weakness or using some underhanded method

Savage Hulk was unable to break Surfer's board even though he took his time to do so

In Annihilation: Silver Surfer #4 Ravenous was unable to break it

The people who were shown to be capable of breaking Surfer's board were people that Surfer definitely can't fodderize/stomp whatever

So here's a list of characters who has broken Surfers board and how powerful they were

• The Enslaver( Mrrungo-Mu) (Silver Surfer: The Enslavers #1)
The Enslaver, was able to shatter Surfers board with a single blast.
During their entire fight Surfer was being manhandle by the Enslaver and Surfer was only able to defeat him due to trickery and by destroying his ship which contains his power.
The Enslaver and his army were even able to starve Galactus and made Galactus flee to other galaxies
  • Durok (Thor #191)
Another one who destroyed his board was Durok

Durok was created by Karnilla at the behest of Loki for no other reason than to destroy Thor. The only way the Silver Surfer could beat him was to transport him to a far distant future just before the "Big Crunch" and leave him there.
  • Aegis and Tenebrous (Annihilation#1)
Aegis and Tenebrous were able to cause cracks on Surfer's board with their blast
Aegis and Tenebrous were shown to be a match for Galactus
  • Molecule Man
Molecule Man atomized Surfer's board easily

• Morg with Power Cosmic + Waters of Life
Morg destroys Surfer's board
Morg with the Power Cosmic + Waters of Life vs the Former Heralds of Galactus

Also, Cable was revealed to be crucial to the functioning of the multiverse with his destiny being so important that should he stray from it it would destroy the Tree and that Cable himself is multiversal nexus of time and space

The Norns/Fate/Weird Sisters also considers Cable the chosen one, Alecto revealed that Cable's destiny is so important that him straying from it will upset the balance of the multiverse and the destruction of the Tree.
Alecto was described as a being who controls the very nature of reality. Here Alecto said that she is the second of the three sisters that serves the lord of possibility and probability and that it is their duty to ensure that the multiverse functions properly. She explained that they are the caretakers of Creation and that the reason why they care so much about Cable's destiny is because Cable is necessary to the stability of the multiverse due to him being a nexus of time and space

"You're manipulating Cable to act the way you want?" "To act the way he must to insure stability in the multiverse. Nathans Summers is a Nexus of Time and Space"

I think he should be At least 3-C, possibly 2-C

Back