• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel character speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be completely fair, Marvel does have an excuse to be inconsistent. It's been running for 70+ years. Anything with that much runtime is bound to have a ton of inconsistencies. Other than DC, which is almost as inconsistent, it's probably the longest running thing on here. I can't think of any anime, video game (for obvious reasons), cartoon, or book series otherwise.

Well, the issue is that they are not even attempting to be remotely consistent. The same writer can let a character have equal trouble with tiers 8-C and 3-B, just to use Jason Aaron's recent Thor run as an example.

@Howard

As a DC Comics fan moreso than Marvel, I can say that they are generally not nearly as inconsistent as Marvel is.

@Matthew Schroeder:

Nothing is as inconsistent as Marvel. They're the dictionary definition of it.

@Skyblade743:

Hulk will need serious speed to jump between planets, though not necessarily FTL.

Also, Spidey may generally be portrayed as having better reflexes, but the likes of Thor has high-end feats that laughs at Spidey's. Which is again, inconsistent. I remember the days when Thor was swinging the hammer twice lightspeed and throwing it far, far, far faster. I also remember the days when Sentry didn't exist.

@The real cal howard

It's excusable to an extent I guess, since Naruto has been running what? 15 years? And it's plagued with retcons and inconsistencies. Hell, Pokemon has numerous inconsistencies in 1 season. But, what sets Marvel apart from DC that makes it far, far more inconsistent is because they have no reboots. Only retcons.

Depends on range between planets

Spidey's only faster becaus he has an inbuilt danger sense.Without it,he's honestly pretty slow compared to the likes of Sentry

So, to start with, is anybody willing to add "Possibly FTL+, scaling from Thor" to the following profiles?

Hulk, Sentry, Gladiator, Hercules, Ares, Hyperion, Beta Ray Bill, Blue Marvel, Terrax, Drax, Firelord, Destroyer, Mangog, Champion, Thanos, Zeus, Odin, Uatu, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Bor, Chaos King, Surtur, Those Who Sit Above In Shadows, Chaos King, Cul, Loki, Heimdal, Balder, Morg, Stardust, Nova, Annihilus

All these guys are cosmic level guys, right? If so, then yes. Though I'd agree with the person who said Jean Grey should scale. Obviously, not base.

I'm fine with them being possibly FTL+ (scaled from Thor) as long as they get something from here.

We keep the MHS or whatever rating their pages, yes? Just to be sure in case i end up deleting it by mistake...

Yes. We keep the old ratings as well. Jean Grey Phoenix has never interacted much with other cosmic characters, although she did beat up Firelord once, early in her career.

Alrighty. And i see that it's 34 of them, eh? Not bad. Would have liked it from another of our staff to do (for them to have more contributions...not a selfish guy).

However like with that Sonic thread from earlier, i don't mind actually doing this if nobody of our staff or whatever is not too preoccupied atm.

I can put this as "(scaled from Thor)" for the reasoning, yes?

"Possibly FTL+, scaling from Thor" is fine, yes.

I think that's all of them that are to updated on this, Antvasima.

Cropfist has helped out on this too as that took half of that workload here which i thank him for.

No problem. Had to make some minor adjustments on a few of them but managed to work it out there.

I don't think there's anything else to talk about here. At least a select number of them have been updated with this so i believe the thread can safely be closed...

Antvasima said:
Well, most Marvel characters do not have any impressive speed feats, so we would have to place them at "Unknown", without either handbook scaling or consistency scaling.
Of course, the problem is that every single character may end up scaled to Thor's FTL+ speed feat othervise...
I'm aware this has been settled but EM on Narutoforums has found a lot of good speed feats.

Endless Mike makes good calcs for Marvel, honestly.

Like how Hawkeye is Supersonic+ or Thor being FTL....very consistent of Thor. He also has some MHS+ and/or Sub-Rela feats or higher too. But he's also consistently FTL going by EM's calc's. FTL+ is the highest we use for him tho but eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back