• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Martial Peak Verse Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really hard to calculate lightning feats in cultivation novels. The lightning fast is usually portrayed several times throughout the novel, and at different levels. For example, a sage might have a lightning fast statement but someone in the realm above him who is stated to be overwhelmingly stronger in physical strength and speed might have the same statement, how would the two speeds be separated? of novels are nothing more than FTL after a certain level
I agree, but I believe the top tiers like the 2nd Order Transcendents should be MHS+, since its not lightning speed he was stated to move at but transform into a bolt of lightning, Further proven by the fact that a first Order Blood Hall Warrior could barley keep up with him

Also noticed something with the speed for Hypersonic Characters. It said that Yang Kai could cover a few thousand meters in the blink of an eye, so I'd like to know which value would be better to use.

Blink of an Eye Timeframe 100 or 150 miliseconds. For a few thousand meters, we'll say 2000m for a lowball since it applies more than one.

Yang Kai Movement speed with 100 miliseconds or 0.1 seconds
72000 km/h or High Hypersonic+

Yang Kai Movement speed with 150 milliseconds or 0.15 seconds
48000 km/h or High Hypersonic

In case you want to know how this stacks up to the rest of the verse,
Immortal Ascension = Faster than True Element ratings above
Peak Immortal Ascension= Fast enough to speed blitz True Element Cultivators
First Order Transcendents = Can somewhat keep up with second order Transcendents although slower
2nd Order Transcendents = Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1282.798834)

I'll start applying the changes. Do you agree with First Orders downscaling from MHS+ or should it just scale to second orders?
Downscale them
Also noticed something with the speed for Hypersonic Characters. It said that Yang Kai could cover a few thousand meters in the blink of an eye, so I'd like to know which value would be better to use.

Blink of an Eye Timeframe 100 or 150 miliseconds. For a few thousand meters, we'll say 2000m for a lowball since it applies more than one.

Yang Kai Movement speed with 100 miliseconds or 0.1 seconds
72000 km/h or High Hypersonic+

Yang Kai Movement speed with 150 milliseconds or 0.15 seconds
48000 km/h or High Hypersonic

In case you want to know how this stacks up to the rest of the verse,
Immortal Ascension = Faster than True Element ratings above
Peak Immortal Ascension= Fast enough to speed blitz True Element Cultivators
First Order Transcendents = Can somewhat keep up with second order Transcendents although slower
2nd Order Transcendents = Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1282.798834)
The feat itself is also not literal, it is just talking about how fast something happens
"He did it in a blink of an eye" that is not a literal statement

When I read it, to me, Martial peak is most likely a 2-B ~ 2-A cosmology since the differences between the Universe World and the outer universe are not R>F difference. And cultivator starting from open heaven are considered to be Low 2-C since they’re all equipped with a Universe World inside of them but it seems quite vague to me because they don’t have any descriptions of how big the Universe World inside of them actually are.

This is not a blink of an eye though
Like I said it is just used to refer to him traveling very fast
What do you propose for the timeframe then? Since its several dozen kilometers, he had to have travelled at least 36km

Another feat should be used, we can use ones that can be quantified
Thing is, we're almost never given a timeframe for speed feats. So I think the only thing we can do is calculate. I've never done it before, but I would like to try although I don't know when a speed feat is eligible to be calculated

Thing is, we're almost never given a timeframe for speed feats. So I think the only thing we can do is calculate. I've never done it before, but I would like to try although I don't know when a speed feat is eligible to be calculated
Try to get something done with light beams, or something that takes travel time and distance.

Try to get something done with light beams, or something that takes travel time and distance.
Do you mean Beams that actually travel at Speed of Light or just Beams of light? If the latter, wouldn't you need the speed of the beam in the first place?

Do you mean Beams that actually travel at Speed of Light or just Beams of light? If the latter, wouldn't you need the speed of the beam in the first place?
I believe you would need the distance the beam traveled, and whether it was really a beam of light. I'm not sure, there in the FAQ about calculations there must be something about

I believe you would need the distance the beam traveled, and whether it was really a beam of light. I'm not sure, there in the FAQ about calculations there must be something about
I went and made a calc for Peak Immortal Ascension Masters, if it gets accepted I'll have to make one for True Elements

I went and made a calc for Peak Immortal Ascension Masters, if it gets accepted I'll have to make one for True Elements
Also I have some problem with Calc. Not about the formulas, they are perfectly fine. The problem is the numbers the novel gives. The translation exaggerates it a lot compared to the raw (especially the meters, kilometers,.. But that unit doesn't exist in the raw)
For Example:

These two feats that were originally the source for 7-A and High Hypersonic are really blown away. At 7-A, it's not tens of kilometers or kilometers but tens of Chinese miles/几十里 (called 里/Li, or 500 metres), in High Hypersonic it's hundreds of Zhangs/几百丈 (each Zhang equals 10 feet) instead of thousands of meters, other than that I'm not sure it'll be useful as he can only do it a few times and it takes two days to cross thousands Chinese miles (yeah overall speed is slower than an airplane).

下方方圆几十里范围,一片荒芜,寸草不生,所有的树木都成了齑粉,仔细看去,甚至可以看到一个清晰地巴掌印,覆盖在这方圆几十里的大地上。

“恩,应该就是被人一掌打出来的。”

“什么人实力如此强横?”杨开大惊失色,这样的壮举,这样的实力,简直骇人听闻。

Within a radius of tens of miles below, there is a barren area, not a single blade of grass grows, and all the trees are turned into ashes. If you look carefully, you can even see a clear palm print, covering the land with a radius of tens of miles.

"Well, it should have been punched out by someone."

"Who is so powerful?" Yang Kai was shocked, such a feat, such strength, is simply appalling.
晋升到了真元境,杨开现在步法施展开,也比起以往越发地飘渺无踪,一口元气能闪出几百丈有余。

不过他只是试了几次,便没再用步法赶路,这实在是太消耗真元了。

两日后,杨开已离开幽冥山千里之遥。

正行走在一条官道上,脑海中突然传来一阵心悸不安的感觉,这种感觉并非他自身所有,而是由某一个方向传达过来的。
Having been promoted to the True Yuan Realm, Yang Kai's footwork is now more ethereal than before, and his vitality can flash more than a few hundred Zhang.

But he only tried a few times, and he didn't use his footwork to rush forward, which was really consuming too much real energy.

Two days later, Yang Kai had left Nether Mountain thousands of miles away.

While walking on an official road, a feeling of palpitation and unease suddenly came to his mind. This feeling was not his own, but was conveyed from a certain direction. Chapter 260

At 7-B, it is 10 Zhang/十几丈高 (100 feet) tall and 30 Zhang/三十丈 (300 feet) long instead of one hundred meters tall
前方不远处,有一只体型巨大无比的龟型妖兽。

它足有十几丈高,三十丈长短,身子如移动的山丘,正卖力在大地上奔跑践踏,每一步踏下,地面都一阵颤抖不休。

它背上有一块厚厚的甲壳,那深深的沟壑和纵横交错的纹仿佛在诉说着时间流逝的沧桑,它的背后有一根长长的宛若流星锤的尾巴 Chapter 141
Not far ahead, there is a huge turtle-shaped monster.

It is more than ten Zhang high and thirty Zhang long, its body is like a moving hill, it is running and trampling on the ground with all its strength, every time it steps down, the ground trembles endlessly.

There is a thick carapace on its back, the deep grooves and criss-cross lines seem to tell the vicissitudes of time, and there is a long tail like a meteor hammer on its back

Also I have some problem with Calc. Not about the formulas, they are perfectly fine. The problem is the numbers the novel gives. The translation exaggerates it a lot compared to the raw (especially the meters, kilometers,.. But that unit doesn't exist in the raw)
For Example:

These two feats that were originally the source for 7-A and High Hypersonic are really blown away. At 7-A, it's not tens of kilometers or kilometers but tens of Chinese miles/几十里 (called 里/Li, or 500 metres), in High Hypersonic it's hundreds of Zhangs/几百丈 (each Zhang equals 10 feet) instead of thousands of meters, other than that I'm not sure it'll be useful as he can only do it a few times and it takes two days to cross thousands Chinese miles (yeah overall speed is slower than an airplane).

下方方圆几十里范围,一片荒芜,寸草不生,所有的树木都成了齑粉,仔细看去,甚至可以看到一个清晰地巴掌印,覆盖在这方圆几十里的大地上。

“恩,应该就是被人一掌打出来的。”

“什么人实力如此强横?”杨开大惊失色,这样的壮举,这样的实力,简直骇人听闻。

Within a radius of tens of miles below, there is a barren area, not a single blade of grass grows, and all the trees are turned into ashes. If you look carefully, you can even see a clear palm print, covering the land with a radius of tens of miles.

"Well, it should have been punched out by someone."

"Who is so powerful?" Yang Kai was shocked, such a feat, such strength, is simply appalling.
晋升到了真元境,杨开现在步法施展开,也比起以往越发地飘渺无踪,一口元气能闪出几百丈有余。

不过他只是试了几次,便没再用步法赶路,这实在是太消耗真元了。

两日后,杨开已离开幽冥山千里之遥。

正行走在一条官道上,脑海中突然传来一阵心悸不安的感觉,这种感觉并非他自身所有,而是由某一个方向传达过来的。
Having been promoted to the True Yuan Realm, Yang Kai's footwork is now more ethereal than before, and his vitality can flash more than a few hundred Zhang.

But he only tried a few times, and he didn't use his footwork to rush forward, which was really consuming too much real energy.

Two days later, Yang Kai had left Nether Mountain thousands of miles away.

While walking on an official road, a feeling of palpitation and unease suddenly came to his mind. This feeling was not his own, but was conveyed from a certain direction. Chapter 260
The High Hypersonic is already been removed, I just didn't change the profiles yet since I need to make a calc. AUGHHH now I have to remake AP Calcs, thank you for the information. What about meter measurements? Would they stay the same or change?

Alright. I've reread a lot of fights, and I was unable to find anything good to calc except a few. When I did, you wouldn't get results other than Subsonic when characters are clearly much faster than Subsonic since Qi Transformation Cultivators are Subsonic according to the narrative.

So we'll just list them as At least Subsonic, likely far higher and leave it at that until they reach Immortal Ascension 9th stage and reach Hypersonic unless your Yang Kai. Other than that, waiting on the recalc of Yang Bai's forest destruction and we'll be done if no one sees any other issues.

Final calc has been accepted. I'll start moving the profiles from the blogs to actual profiles when I wake up and if there's no qualms.
Thanks for your assistance to everyone who helped or looked at the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back