• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Martial Arts Tournament Thingie

I have 8 pages of redo homework due Friday it's 1 am where I am right now but guess what I'm doing this!!!

So! The concept is very simple, you submit characters that are known for their martial arts skill to fight in a tournament type arena to see how it goes! Rules!

1: Stats equalized! Strength and speed!

2: This is purely hand to hand combat, someone submits Goku, Goku isn't allowed to fly nor use Ki attacks. A pure hand to hand competition. If someone submits Batman, Batman isn't allowed to use Batarangs or his typical gadgets, Ryu can't use Hadoken. And of course for fairness purposes if someone does submit someone like Batman or Black Panther, all fighters will be wearing typical karate gi.

3: please dont submit people who are obviously knowledgable in hand to hand combat due to their omniscience im begging you here cool characters like batman and goku or bang or ryu please

12 submissions! Counting my own cause I'm the creator of this thread haha I get power!

So after 12 submissions, I'll get the characters put them into a random generator thingy, put the matches in order, and see if people wanna debate them in order with the rules I put in place!!!

oh yeah edit because im a silly goose: 1 character per user

WILL THIS GET NOTICED PROBABLY NOT BUT HEY NO HOMEWORK FOR ME : ) ) )

CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS:

1: Garou (One-Punch Man) Human Garou btw.

2: Karate Kid (DC Comics)

3: SCP-076 (SCP Foundation)

4: Lee Sin (League of Legends)

5: Drawcia (Kirby)

6: Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)

7: Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)

8: Jin Mo-Ri (The God of High School)

9: Kenichi Sirahama (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)

10: Yujiro Hanma (Baki the Grappler)

11: Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)

12: Hajime Hinata (Danganronpa)

And done!

That's a very good question.

I guess I should allow it for the fact that it's part of Kenshiro's martial arts and its basically what it is.

I'm honestly so lazy lol.

Said that, edited it into thread, decided to take it off, but forgot to edit it off.

I'm a silly one, sorry for confusion.

1. Jin Mo-Ri
  2. Kiryu
  3. Yujiro
  4. Drawcia
  5. Hajime
  6. Kenichi
  7. Garou
  8. SCP-076
  9. Lee Sin
  10. Sasuke
  11. Karate Kid
  12. Kenshiro
So!

Jin VS Kiryu

Yujiro VS Drawcia

Hajime Hinata VS Kenichi

Garou VS 076

Lee Sin VS Sasuke

Karate Kid VS Kenshiro

So I guess first up is Jin Mo-Ri VS Kazuma Kiryu.

I have a feeling it's obvious but oh well!

Low key wish Yujiro and Lee Sin would square off against each other just from them both being able to find weak points in targets in a similar way

The worst part is I was hoping to god that Garou was gonna be pit against like Kiryu or Yujiro and was praying that he wasn't going against 076 or Karate Kid.

I was mostly worried about it because SCP characters in general, but looking at it I think Garou might know more martial arts considering he has 12 under his belt, but 076 knows ones that aren't recorded on Earth at all so either just not known to mankind or from a different planet.

RoaringRexe said:
I was mostly worried about it because SCP characters in general, but looking at it I think Garou might know more martial arts considering he has 12 under his belt, but 076 knows ones that aren't recorded on Earth at all so either just not known to mankind or from a different planet.
Dunno how to pick a winner for that match so I'll go with inconclusive juuuust to be safe

So, the question is how do you determine who's a better fighter? By how complex their technique is? Or is it how well they deal with complex technique?

For me, I go with a mix of the two. I'm gonna give an example using Garou against Sasuke, since those two are the only ones I have an understanding of. For Sasuke, I'm also incorporating animations from the fighting games and from the anime, btw.

Sasuke's fighting style; it's not as technical as any Chinese Martial Art-- I'd say it's about as Complex as Karate is in comparison (from what I have experienced). His attack sequences are very well constructed, oftentimes layering strike after strike in a method that essentially controls the opponent's movements, forcing them to open themselves up in an attempt to defend themselves, but in the process exposing themselves to another attack they didn't see coming.

His attacking methods are also very varied, eye gouges, kicks, punches, grapples, and methods used to throw the opponent off guard-- like shoving Naruto's hand seals apart to stop him summoning shadow clones. The way he moves and how his attacks are shot out tends to be fluid-- though, the show doesn't make this 100% consistent with Sasuke's H2H. His strikes are either quick shots and whipcrack kicks or a more controlled variation of a brawling style, indicating an understanding of combat on both sides-- ones own body and the opponent's-- but not showcasing anything refined or complex like Garou, as far as the way his movement goes. Wheras Naruto is a brawler that uses his entire body with all the grace and control of an earthquake, at least pre timeskip, Sasuke demonstrated a variation of that brawler style that incorporated moderate levels of control, as well as a combination of a lot of methods that make him a jack of all trades.

Well, Jack of all trades is an overstatement. While he has demonstrated many varieties of attacks, his fighting style isn't technically refined at all. He doesn't swing wildly like Naruto, but he doesn't strike precisely like Neji. His art is very much improvised like Naruto, throwing out attacks that would be intuitive with a degree of control far superior to his Rival, but not exactly having a refined grace about him.

Sasuke is a skilled athlete and brawler, having a rudimentary understanding of hand to hand combat that gets him by. But he isn't a Martial Artist.

Garou is a Martial Artist-- using styles that utilize movements that do specific things for desired outcomes. Contrasting against Sasuke, who handles hand to hand engagements by throwing attacks at his opponent and seeing what sticks-- a Form without form-- Garou is a fighter who has combined multiple styles together, using Bang's style as a foundation. The very fact that he's so diverse with in both in depth and superficial knowledge of multiple styles puts him in a different league when compared to Sasuke. And we all know how he moves.

Back