• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario's Time Travel

And?

That means little, you yourself are simply guessing too.

Stupidity is irrelevant.

He could be used a device, we dont know. Goes both ways here.

Keep it listed or put a possibly in front of it but specify it's not usable in debates.

That's the fairest solutions to both sudes and takes into account the possibly of it being real or outside help which cant be certain of on both sides.

Plus I'm pretty sure Yoshi's Island retcons any Mario material involving real life locations since he obviously wasn't born in one

Actually though that was the case, Mario canon is everything, except obvious shit. Like Mario go fish, cd, mario is missing, and a few others.

I'm unsure how things worked in Mario's Time Machine. It was Bowser's Time Machine that he built, and then Bowser goes to the past to steal things and change history. And then Mario defeats him.

Say possibly time travel.

Make a note that it isn't combat applicable, he only showcased it within one game and not becire or since then and its not confirmed if he even did it through his own power.

You can't make time travel not combat applicable. It's not an ability that would have another application. It's time travel. You either keep it or remove it.

At this point, I have become indifferent btw.

>no other application.

Sure doesn't look like he was fighting anyone and he's never, not once, not even implied to gave used it or was gonna use it in any other media.

I say keep it, because maybe, just maybe he has it, but since there's a lot if assuming I say put limited in front of it then explain what I said in a note or weaknesses.

Why do I think this? Because this is a character indexing site,.accuracy is key , id rather it be listed with an explanation then remove it.

The real cal howard said:
You can't make time travel not combat applicable. It's not an ability that would have another application. It's time travel. You either keep it or remove it.
At this point, I have become indifferent btw.

its not the the time travel isnt combat appicable in itself its the METHO of how he uses it, example what if the time travel is through a 20 hour ritual, or reuires a machine from someone else that cant take with on hand in his pocket or even a hammerspace due it requireing powersource and needs to stay hooked up? Maybe its through peach and thus would be unfair in a vs battle as that would be outside help and must be allowed thru OP of a thread.

Which is why you either say possibly, no prefix, or remove it. Weaknesses would at best say that he needs an external source for it, and that's why it's non-combat applicable. Not knowing how isn't grounds. Otherwise, people like Lucemon or Arceus would have a ton of non-applicable abilities.

Possibly limited time travel. Bam, there done.

I've already explained my thought process 3 times.

It should stay, but be explained in depth. Who cares if he can't use it an fight? Not everything is vs matches.

If they have abilitues that can't be used in combat then add them, hell Jonathan has minor plant manipulation but it defintly isn't combat worthy.

Back