• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Base Mario vs Link (A Link to the Past: wielding the whole Triforce)

Low 2-C forms and speed is equalized

image0.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken base Mario is around baseline, which means Link has a significant AP advantage. Link=Ganon (ALTTP)>>>>>Ganon (Triforce of Power)>>Ganon (FSA)>>Vaati=Hylia>>Wind Fish (Low 2-C).

That's about all I'll contribute for now, got other things to do atm.

Looking at ether profile I don’t really see many major wincons, the best I see is that Mario has Existence Erasure though that might just be toon force

I guess I’d say Link?, higher AP, Indestructible shield and a knack for exploiting patterns and weaknesses during a fight

Does Link have any way to incap Mario? cause he's not gonna kill him due to extra lives and fate hax
Basically what Dragonlord said. Mario wouldn't die but either gets a KO'd. It's even have some instances in Mario own games such as beggining of Odyssey where Mario was KO'd by Bowser. Or Incapped in Luigi's Mansion series, or overpowered and captured by Bowser in Peach own game where Peach had to save Mario.

Or Incapped in Luigi's Mansion series, or overpowered and captured by Bowser in Peach own game where Peach had to save Mario.
I can't tell what your point was in this but well about this, but this was mainly the case cause there were other people there to save him, something he does not have the luxury of here, also link prolly won't know to go for the incap on Mario so if he kills him at first then Mario should take out hax such as time out (above baseline timestop) lullaby (sleep hax), Up and away(BFR) etc

I can't tell what your point was in this but well about this, but this was mainly the case cause there were other people there to save him
pretty sure in this case it be assumed someone would actually come and save him (specially if it’s “Fated” therefore a part of the power), however it would take more then a hour which still means Link wins

least, that’s how I’ve seen most “Fate Manipulation” threads go when it’s incap

pretty sure in this case it be assumed someone would actually come and save him (specially if it’s “Fated” therefore a part of the power), however it would take more then a hour which still means Link wins
why in god's name would someone help him get out of incap

yeah but how is an average joe going to save mario from getting sealed by link
It probably wouldn’t be a average joe, if it’s fated that he gets out eventually, it’ll be someone like Luigi

I mean, in Luigi’s mansion, Luigi didn’t even come to save Mario, he got a letter from someone (I assume king boo) about a mansion he won and just so happened to find out Mario was captured

That is a big ass leap in logic
It’s fate, even if it takes decades it’ll happen eventually, it also isn’t really that much of a leap for people in the Mushroom kingdom to realize that there greatest hero has gone missing and send a great search for where he could be (and for a them to find him, they already have dimensional travel and Mario even shares a telepathic bond with Luigi)

and frankly, it seems this more how it “works” rather then “his fate manipulation just gives him a sudden power he never had before”

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mario fate hax makes so he basically unkillable and not being able to incap him right?

Oh, you meant Character Induced Stupidity, wouldn’t then the case be that Link would just tell everyone where Mario is?, that still seems more accurate to how this “fate manipulation” works considering King Boo gave Luigi the letter (when he could’ve just kidnapped Mario) or Bowser just deciding to not kidnap Peach (despite her just having a short walk outside)

and if you read his boss text he was meaning to invite mario only but Mario just forgot the letter at home
1: why didn’t King Boo just address the message to Mario, I don’t think Luigi is one to invade on privacy
2: that just seems more evidence that something CIS would notify people that Mario is incapped rather then not incap him at all and Link would still win the Match after 1 hour

I’ve also actually did read the Transcript of Luigi’s Mansion and I don’t see what your mentioning, in fact King Boo’s first line is about how he expected Luigi to appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back