• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Kirby (GRACE)

Would you randomly attack your friend lunge

Friend hearts literally work on hostile enemies that start aiding kirby immediately afterwards
I mean why wouldn't Mario at least defend himself. Plus Friend hearts are quite slow and with speed equal Mario would dodge easily

Why would Kirby keep fighting after hitting Mario with a friend heart? If Mario gets hit, then the fight's over. Mario was forcibly turned into his friend, meaning Kirby won.

I mean why wouldn't Mario at least defend himself. Plus Friend hearts are quite slow and with speed equal Mario would dodge easily
Wright said it before I could. Kirby wouldn't have a reason to fight after incapping mario because he would have won by that point.

The dodging I'll give you.

And can't Mario just escape Kirby's stomach with vanish cap?
He can't resist the transmutation that happens upon being there even if he could escape.
Mario has far more varied haxes and a way to surprise Kirby after escaping from his stomach. Mario won't hold back after being nearly devoured by him
Given that Kirby can do more things in its own, can use more moves per ability and can use his abilities at will, it seems pretty false to say that Mario has an edge in versatility. Just claiming it doesn't tell us much about it, let alone a difference between having hax and spamming it. "Mario won't hold back after being nearly devoured by him" sounds like it tries to make Mario into a character he isn't, he got devoured by Bowser for quite a while and when he escaped he was still using his common tactics, even outside of gameplay by the end of that story.
Plus Friend hearts are quite slow and with speed equal Mario would dodge easily
No? They slowly float in an arc.
They're not slow, everyone's speed in Star Allies is slowed down from previous games and the Friend Hearts' speed is equivalent to the the speed in which the user is throwing it. It can vary as an arc and be thrown more directly into a target if needed to. Gameplay wise they're also commonly used from very short distances, which would make it even harder for Mario to dodge, especially considering that, believe it or not, Kirby's more agile than Mario.

As they're spammable and take little time to throw dodging 1 doesn't do much. For example, if Mario jumps above 1 Kirby may throw another while Mario's mid-air.
Kirby's friend hearts home in if I've heard correctly, so....
They don't, their features are listed in Kirby's Notable Attacks/Techniques.

He can't resist the transmutation that happens upon being there even if he could escape.

Given that Kirby can do more things in its own, can use more moves per ability and can use his abilities at will, it seems pretty false to say that Mario has an edge in versatility. Just claiming it doesn't tell us much about it, let alone a difference between having hax and spamming it. "Mario won't hold back after being nearly devoured by him" sounds like it tries to make Mario into a character he isn't, he got devoured by Bowser for quite a while and when he escaped he was still using his common tactics, even outside of gameplay by the end of that story.

They're not slow, everyone's speed in Star Allies is slowed down from previous games and the Friend Hearts' speed is equivalent to the the speed in which the user is throwing it. It can vary as an arc and be thrown more directly into a target if needed to. Gameplay wise they're also commonly used from very short distances, which would make it even harder for Mario to dodge, especially considering that, believe it or not, Kirby's more agile than Mario.

As they're spammable and take little time to throw dodging 1 doesn't do much. For example, if Mario jumps above 1 Kirby may throw another while Mario's mid-air.

Mario resisted Bowser’s worldwide transmutation back in Super Mario Brothers. He also resist kamek’s transmutation

And those agility instances are nowhere near as good as Mario’s, plus friend hearts literally move as fast as Kirby himself, and with speed equal, it’s extremely easy to dodge projectiles that move at the same pace as you. Assuming they’re slowed down is headcanon and just spamming friend hearts isn’t how Kirby fights

Also, I think mario is a lot more likely to use his hax and has better combat skill overall. Kirby maybe has better stuff with specific copy abilities equipped like fighter and sword but overall? nah.

....They're video game characters. They don't really have "in character" stuff.

That aside, comparing combat skill seems like a fools errand. These guys fight evil overlords with a wide variety of hax and projectiles nearly every day. The best you could do is argue Mario fights Bowser more often than other people but Bowser usually has something new up his sleeve every time so that's kinda a moot point.

....They're video game characters. They don't really have "in character" stuff.

That aside, comparing combat skill seems like a fools errand. These guys fight evil overlords with a wide variety of hax and projectiles nearly every day. The best you could do is argue Mario fights Bowser more often than other people but Bowser usually has something new up his sleeve every time so that's kinda a moot point.
uh, combat skill for mario remember please remember that jynx exists who was so thoroughly impressed by mario's skill that he swapped his dojo's fighting style to mario's own, named the dojo after him and made him the master, and then in paper mario 64 the entire dojo shenanigans there

Mario resisted Bowser’s worldwide transmutation back in Super Mario Brothers. He also resist kamek’s transmutation
The range was on 1 kingdom as far as I can see, and being 1 person there not getting affected=/=resisting worldwide transmutation. I don't see Kamek's being better than Kirby's.
And those agility instances are nowhere near as good as Mario’s
Based on what you say.
plus friend hearts literally move as fast as Kirby himself
Not really, at their best they move faster due to being at the speed in which he throws something.
and with speed equal, it’s extremely easy to dodge projectiles that move at the same pace as you.
This would matter if argued in a vacuum.
Assuming they’re slowed down is headcanon
Idk what you are assuming there, every character in Star Allies is slower than in other games visually, they are many ways in which Friend Hearts can be thrown, slow & above is one and faster & further away is another, also shown in an animation shown in the profile to be fast next Kirby's own speed. All that much is objective.
and just spamming friend hearts isn’t how Kirby fights
If he feels like having a target get hit by a Friend Heart then yes, the attack is spammable for a reason, players can very well be in parts where they need to use it 3 times in a row to get their team of 4 full for something or be facing foes who may avoid the Friend Heart and need the move to be spammed a bit for them. You're not telling how Kirby fights, just how he doesn't based on nothing, why would he, after failing at using a Friend Heart, feel like doing something else that would kill the being he just wanted to make his ally? It takes less effort to just be stubborn over it, not to mention how we don't know how he fights at base aside from Inhale and Friend Hearts.
Also, I think mario is a lot more likely to use his hax and has better combat skill overall.
This is vague.
Kirby maybe has better stuff with specific copy abilities equipped like fighter and sword but overall? nah.
But why would this matter? Kirby's at base here and so is Mario.
So can Mario with botomless gloves. And other stuff
You can prove that in a CRT and get it added to his profile as SE.

Last edited:
That aside, comparing combat skill seems like a fools errand. These guys fight evil overlords with a wide variety of hax and projectiles nearly every day.
Kirby fights that, "brutes like Bowser", and also more skillful foes who are martial artists, masters over weapons or warrios with decent experience, those being Meta Knight, Dark Meta Knight, other Kirbys & Shadow Kirby as Fighters and abilities skilled on weapons, the Three Mage-Sisters, Galacta Knight and Morpho Knight, and minor enemies who glorify the top-tiers. A decent amount of this charaters can fight each other in a way that it's more than reasonable to scale less skillful-looking brutes and mages like DDD and Magolor to the rest of the warriors in the verse. Kirby and other characters have faced other Kirbys so many times that they are comparable in overall skill and able to fight evenly with any of their Copy Abilities.

For example, in the Fighters 2 fighting game Kirby, DDD, Magolor and Meta Knight can fight against each other evenly and that makes perfect sense. I don't see how Mario's skills compare to this.

The range was on 1 kingdom as far as I can see, and being 1 person there not getting affected=/=resisting worldwide transmutation. I don't see Kamek's being better than Kirby's.

Based on what you say.

Not really, at their best they move faster due to being at the speed in which he throws something.

This would matter if argued in a vacuum.

Idk what you are assuming there, every character in Star Allies is slower than in other games visually, they are many ways in which Friend Hearts can be thrown, slow & above is one and faster & further away is another, also shown in an animation shown in the profile to be fast next Kirby's own speed. All that much is objective.

If he feels like having a target get hit by a Friend Heart then yes, the attack is spammable for a reason, players can very well be in parts where they need to use it 3 times in a row to get their team of 4 full for something or be facing foes who may avoid the Friend Heart and need the move to be spammed a bit for them. You're not telling how Kirby fights, just how he doesn't based on nothing, why would he, after failing at using a Friend Heart, feel like doing something else that would kill the being he just wanted to make his ally? It takes less effort to just be stubborn over it, not to mention how we don't know how he fights at base aside from Inhale and Friend Hearts.

This is vague.

But why would this matter? Kirby's at base here and so is Mario.

You can prove that in a CRT and get it added to his profile as SE.
I don't see Kirby's being better than Kamek either. And literally every toad except those held hostage in castles was affected and Mario wasn't
Kirby just did a bunch of back flips which is nothing new to Mario.

I don't see Kirby's being better than Kamek either. And literally every toad except those held hostage in castles was affected and Mario wasn't
Kamek's profile doesn't show anything but I remember it doing it over 1 thing at a time, sometimes relatively big things (idk why would they affect non-inanimate objects tho), whereas anything swallowed by Kirby gets transmuted, with him being able to inhale a lot of "big" things at a time. If someone doesn't get wet over a rain across a city then that's not the same as not getting hit by water from a water bomb that would cover over a city, while being near it. Calling this kingdom wide use of hax over the 1 person who resisted it "worldwide transmutation" would only make sense if (it was over the whole world and) not getting affected would make the rest of the hax go and try to affect him right after that happened, but no, it was just used in the areas in which each Toad was affected. It's just worth resisting transmutation over 1 person.
Kirby just did a bunch of back flips which is nothing new to Mario.
No, he didn't. Please watch it well.

Don't get that way, I have with many and only remember that power from Kamek to only work on inanimate objects. You know in the time we argue this one could have added evidence to his profile to better showcase the power, I don't need to have ever played a Mario game, remembering badly is already a + from the nothing shown.

On that note of vagueness, it doesn't seem clear if people think Mario has all his items here, which he doesn't, but I can see why would people think that as his profile is vague about it when he objectively doesn't have all his items as SE.

Kamek's profile doesn't show anything but I remember it doing it over 1 thing at a time, sometimes relatively big things (idk why would they affect non-inanimate objects tho), whereas anything swallowed by Kirby gets transmuted, with him being able to inhale a lot of "big" things at a time. If someone doesn't get wet over a rain across a city then that's not the same as not getting hit by water from a water bomb that would cover over a city, while being near it. Calling this kingdom wide use of hax over the 1 person who resisted it "worldwide transmutation" would only make sense if (it was over the whole world and) not getting affected would make the rest of the hax go and try to affect him right after that happened, but no, it was just used in the areas in which each Toad was affected. It's just worth resisting transmutation over 1 person.

No, he didn't. Please watch it well.
I did watch it. What was something Kirby did that was above Mario? And since then are there levels of transmutation lmao. Transmutation is transmutation.

On that note of vagueness, it doesn't seem clear if people think Mario has all his items here, which he doesn't, but I can see why would people think that as his profile is vague about it when he objectively doesn't have all his items as SE.
he should reasonably have the items used in bro moves, 1-ups, star powers(crystal stars, star spirits) all non-special power ups(bee mushroom, red star, mega mushroom etc) from what is on the profile rn there may be more but i cant remember them rn

I did watch it. What was something Kirby did that was above Mario?
Everything as a whole.
And since then are there levels of transmutation lmao. Transmutation is transmutation.
Like most hax, it can have a scale to it. You should know given that you wrongly called it worldwide transmutation and presumed how "literally every toad except those held hostage in castles was affected and Mario wasn't", please read the Hax and Resistance pages.
he should reasonably have the items used in bro moves, 1-ups, star powers(crystal stars, star spirits) all non-special power ups(bee mushroom, red star, mega mushroom etc) from what is on the profile rn there may be more but i cant remember them rn
Well, don't tell me, let alone would talking about it here would do something. Please make a CRT.

Everything as a whole.

Like most hax, it can have a scale to it. You should know given that you wrongly called it worldwide transmutation and presumed how "literally every toad except those held hostage in castles was affected and Mario wasn't", please read the Hax and Resistance pages.

Well, don't tell me, let alone would talking about it here would do something. Please make a CRT.
And... you say it didn't transmute all toads?
And like, just show me where exactly does Kirby show better acrobatics than Mario

And... you say it didn't transmute all toads?
And like, just show me where exactly does Kirby show better acrobatics than Mario
I don't see the point of the first question. The link above is already more than what we show of Mario, so you should really show how his are better. From everything I remember Mario doing, Kirby does the same + apparently more casual based on his face and less prior built up, he can do it while with his body warped and can ignore his momentum to go at whatever direction he feels like on a whim more than once in 1 jump.

Last edited:
I don't see the point of the first question. The link above is already more than what we show of Mario, so you should really show how his are better. From everything I remember Mario doing, Kirby does the same + apparently more casual based on his face and less prior built up, he can do it while with his body warped and can ignore his momentum to go a whatever direction he feels like on a whim more than once in 1 jump.
Mario simply does it higher, like in odyssey. Hell, he can do a forward air dice there

So kirby has beaten ppl like Meta knight. Meta knight is an expert in swordfighting to the point where he can slash faster than kirby characters can fully see. Kirby has beaten Galacta knight who existed for aeons and is considered the strongest warrior of that time. He then beat Void Termina who required 4 people including GK to fight him. Kirby can land extremely precise punches, outskilling enemies who are pro fighters, the punches crack the planet perfectly in half without nuking it.

Anyways yall derailing as the main issue here is the transmutation. I also see Kamek mostly terraforming castles and stuff but his biggest thing is transforming Bowser into giant bowser and tming some toads. Kingdom wide range would be if he turned the entire thing into something else, however by what i read this is only multi-person transmutation with kingdom wide attack range.
Kirby also transforms many characters at once including large ones and don't get me started on hypernova which sucks up trees and stuff and turns them into energy. Kirby's cook ability can transform every enemy on screen into food of which there could be ten easily.

Also Kirby has morality manip on inhaling which makes people sent out to kill him turn in for a mutual benefit and don't do anything even if kirby decides to turn them into an ability for himself.

Also about acrobatics stuff, Kirby is 20cm, he could run circles around mario easily and with Kirby's skills and abilities it ain't exactly and issue.

Back