• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Joker (Persona 5)

It's one of his better abilities, although I suppose he could try something like transmutation instead

Yeah, he has 1001 forms of hax, so I'm not sure why one would be chosen over the other, lol. I'm also unsure if he's ever been bloodlusted in any of his games.

I'm actually curious as to why they're even bloodlusted in the first place?

Litentric Teon said:
Yeah, he has 1001 forms of hax, so I'm not sure why one would be chosen over the other, lol.
Bloodlust = the character uses their best hax right from the start

And idk why they're both bloodlusted either.

But why would sealing be better than transmutation? They're both one shot hax, which is why I'm unsure which exact hax would be used. Plus, bloodlust is normally taken that the character uses the best hax. But that's not always true. For many characters, such a blind rage causes them to forget all their best skills and focus on melee. Or perhaps they torture their opponents instead of killing them.

Ah, alright. Guess I will wait for the OP.

Litentric Teon said:
Why sealing out of all the other things on his profile?
Also, why are they bloodlusted?
Bloodlusting a character is the most convinent way of deciding who would win in a fight. I have no doubts that Mario or Joker would kill each other in character. But it's just more convinient this way. I do see where you're coming from though

I wouldn't say it's more convenient. It's just a different way of doing the fight. It eliminates things like character, personality, even certain aspects of intelligence. And replaces them with other aspects of those things.

Personally I see it more as incon. They both resist some of each other's hax, so it depends on what they open with. But since they both can open with a way to incap the other, I don't see why one would win.

More ways doesn't equal more likely here, since many of Mario's hax is resisted. Same with Joker.

AP doesn't seem to matter much here either since their hax is so much more effective, and they're bloodlusted.

It really depends on what they start with. And both being game characters whose bloodlust has removed any trace of their character, it's hard to say. Incon is the safer bet.

Tfw Death Battle has better rules on bloodlust than us... (this isn't a blow against you as much as it is against us)

That's not how a match should work. Whoever has more likely ways to win should take it.

I actually agree. I don't think bloodlusted means "Use their best hax first"

Does Mario actually have more ways? Many of them are resisted. I guess we can go through and count them.

Mario has: Sleep manip, Time manip, Sealing, Mind control, empathic manip, Void manip, petrification, Transmutation, BFR, power null, attack reflection

Mario Resists: Transmutation, Poison Manip, Sleep manip, Instant death, Time Manip, Power null

Joker Has: Nuclear Manip, Attack nullification, Attack absorption, Attack reflection, Resistance negation, Curse Manip, Status effect inducement, Mind manipulation

Joker Resists: Time manip, Existence erasure (I'm also unsure on his keys. His other potent resistances seem to be listed in his last key, but having watched the game and knowing in person those whom have played it, mid game he definitely has the following as well), Mind manip, memory manip, various elemental attacks, radiation manip, likely sleep manip

I've left out some of the more conventional ways of attacking for obvious reasons. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Technically we have 5 ways to 8, lol.

What's the AP difference? I have no clue.

If Mario one shots, then sure. But if he doesn't, then meh. Joker also has physical attack reflection, so that may not actually work.

Mario

AP: At least 9.87976E+44 J or 2.36132E+35 tons TNT (possibly from this feat), possibly 1.18557E+47 J or 2.83358E+37 tons TNT (collecting 120 such stars).

Durability: Same as AP

Ren Amamiya (Mid-Game)

AP: Possibly 5.69E+41 J ~ 3.817e42 J by scaling to "Futaba+", whose palace contained a Sun whose GBE of stars are measured as such.

Durability: (ditto)

Mario has a mar-ssive AP advantage, but both should be about haxxed such that the large AP advantage may not constitute an AP stomp.

I vote Mario for AP and durability advantage but I do not think this is a stomp since any miss on pulling the appropriate counter could ignore the AP/dura advantage gap and decide the winner.

But that also doesn't take into account the fact that Ren can make it so that he literally reflects physical attacks. He's not just going to stand there and let Mario hit him. Yeah, he wants to kill Mario because he's bloodlusted. That doesn't mean he's going to be a fool about doing so.

Back