• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know if we use stuff from the manga here, but Mario once died during one of his fights from Bowser and went to Hell. While there, he defeated Bowser's army in Hell, and then defeated Bowser as the Demon King at the end of it. And then basically just crawled back out of Hell. Like, he's done this adventure before. XD

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
There is still no refute to possession.
A possession that requires him to throw his hat at the opponent? Janemba can just create a portal and trap the hat in the portal if Mario tries to throw it.

I'm saying to could probably come back from wherever the portal leads to. Doesn't Janemba only really use them from a few yards away at the max anyways?

Just a few seconds later the blast comes out from a portal behind him. Knowing Janemba, he'd probably pull that on cappy and It would just plop back onto Mario's head for another throw.

Oh yeah, forgot about that part. Well he can still use it to avoid mario's attacks. On top of phasing out of existance and suprise attack Mario.

Glass, I've already said that Mario can stop time before doing any of these attacks like Possession of Transmutation, and that it isn't out of character for him to stop time. The main thing I've focused on was how Janemba would counter Time Stop. After stopping time, Mario can possess him, stomp his soul, or turn him into paper.

You mean him desolving himself and reappearing elsewhere?

I'm willing to bet Cal or Wright can bring up a time Mario's fought something extremely similar.

Right?

@Hadou and it's also in character for Janemba to spam his phasing ability just to get the upper hand. If mario does time stop, there's a much higher chance that he'll time stop when Janemba is still phased out of existence.

So are you really trying to say that it is Impossible for Mario to time his time stop at a time where he can hit Janemba when tangible? Like, you're saying he hasn't done it with Boos before? You act like Mario can only time stop once. He could, y'know, also spam time stop. The only argument that is being given at this point is that "Janemba can hide from Mario".

@Hadou I never said that Mario can't time stop, I said he wouldn't be able to hit Janemba or hax him easily since his phasing ability (an ability that Janemba spams a lot) makes him hard to get. Also it's different from the Boo's intangibility where you can at the very least see the Boos, as opposed to Janemba where he disappears entirely when using his phasing ability.

Cal just said that he's not phasing out of existence, he's just basically taking himself apart and moving somewhere else and then putting himself back together. Isn't really going to help him when plan Stop-Cappy-SoulStomp-Hammer goes into effect.

Again, we've already established that his Reality Warping isn't really going to help him in this fight, as opposed to Mario, who should have access to the Star Rod from being able to use it to beat Bowser in Mario Party 8, which means he can grant wishes...

And that phasing isn't going to counter Time Stop and then the various other methods Mario has to defeat him.

Okay. I will. But my argument as to why Mario would win doesn't include Reality Warping, it includes Time Stop + Possession, Time Stop + Transmutation, and/or Time Stop + Soul Stomping.

You do know that all of those points are based off of him time stopping Janemba, instead of just saying why his phasing ability won't work right? Your counter argument to janemba's reality warping is Mario's reality warping, which like I said, needs a CRT for it to be passed. So once that passes, then I'll vote for mario based on that, and the reasons you stated. Until then, Janemba still has potent abilities to help him win this fight.

I know he can't. But with time stop active, Mario won't have an easy time trying to hit him since he's still phased out. He'll have to end the time stop sooner than later.

Theglassman12 said:
You do know that all of those points are based off of him time stopping Janemba, instead of just saying why his phasing ability won't work right? Your counter argument to janemba's reality warping is Mario's reality warping, which like I said, needs a CRT for it to be passed. So once that passes, then I'll vote for mario based on that, and the reasons you stated. Until then, Janemba still has potent abilities to help him win this fight.
Janemba's phasing ability also has to have a CRT to be passed since I don't see intangibility on his profile

Back