• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
But seriously Mario shares a lot of abilities with Janemba and seems to have far more experience so I'll go with him.

Oh alright then. I hope those votes weren't counted. My cat could come up with something better smashing on the keyboard

Janemba should take this via reality warping, copy attack, cloning, transmutation, and matter manipulation.

I can't believe this is a reasoning
It's an inside joke. People used to vote for Janemba alot due to that.

Fun fact. I'm the one that popularized that meme by making that image.

Theglassman12 said:
Janemba should take this via reality warping, copy attack, cloning, transmutation, and matter manipulation.
Reality Warping (how does that work?)

Copy Attack (How does that work? Regardless Mario has fought people who can copy his moves such as Shadow Mario from Super Mario Galaxy and Bowser on some occasions used the same power ups that Mario was using.)

Cloning (Mario has that)

Transmutation (Mario has that and resists it.)

Matter Manipulation (How does that work?)

He can clone huge numbers of himself, He can copy his opponent's attacks to the point that he can create a clone of his opponent to do the same attack to his opponent, he manipulated matter of an object in Hell to be his sword that could cut through the jelly beans in the air, which was able to absorb attacks, And he warped reality by breaking the boundary between the living and the dead, and created jelly beans in thin air that sealed king Yemma inside.

Theglassman12 said:
He can clone huge numbers of himself, He can copy his opponent's attacks to the point that he can create a clone of his opponent to do the same attack to his opponent, he manipulated matter of an object in Hell to be his sword that could cut through the jelly beans in the air, which was able to absorb attacks, And he warped reality by breaking the boundary between the living and the dead, and created jelly beans in thin air that sealed king Yemma inside.
Mario can duplicate himself in large numbers too. Opponents who copy his attacks are nothing new, That matter manipulation doesn't sound combat applicable outside of making weapons, That reality warping ins't combat applicable at all so that's out. I'm not really seeing anything Janemba has that Mario hasn't dealt with multiple times. If the clones do overwhelm him then Mario just stops time.

His matter manipulation is combat applicable since he can make weapons that can cut through damage absorbing jelly beans. Also he can just create a portal next to him to attack Mario and phase out of reality for a bit to avoid attacks.

Theglassman12 said:
His matter manipulation is combat applicable since he can make weapons that can cut through damage absorbing jelly beans. Also he can just create a portal next to him to attack Mario and phase out of reality for a bit to avoid attacks.
But he's never used matter manipulation on a person is what I meant, he just makes weapons with it. Also Mario has portal creation too and intangibility is nothing new to Mario.

Weapons that are much more powerful than normal. Also I don't see anything in his profile that says that he can harm intangible beings.

Theglassman12 said:
Weapons that are much more powerful than normal. Also I don't see anything in his profile that says that he can harm intangible beings.
But in order to be counted as combat applicable it has to be able to be used on a person is what I meant. He can't just tear apart Mario with Matter Manipulation and Mario can counter those swords with Starman Power-Up. Mario can't hurt intangible beings but he's fought people who can temporarially turn intangible to dodge attacks and come out on top just fine.

Theglassman12 said:
They're willing to kill. So his character doesn't matter much when he's trying to kill.
In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws

Janemba mainly because of his teleportation hax so he could send mario attacks back at him plus Janemba himself could attack mario so thats too much for mario to handle

T H I S T H R E A D S H A L L I N V O K E A N E V E N T B Y W H I C H D O P A M I N E, A C H E M I C A L T O S I G N A L M E W H I C H E V E N T S A R E P R E F E R A B L E O V E R O T H E R S, S H A L L B E R E L E A S E D I N T O M Y B R A I N, C A U S I N G M E T O T H E R E F O R E P R E F E R T H E E V E N T S H E R E O V E R O T H E R E V E N T S I N O T H E R T H R E A D S

Sorry I'm late.

But, serious answer, this is actually pretty close by the looks of it. Janemba's Regen would be impossible to bypass normally, but Mario can just throw his Cappy and possess him, therefore causing incapacitation. Janemba can reailty warp, but considering how he didn't use it to the fullest to kill Goku, it's likely Mario can just tough through whatever comes at him and throw the cap. I think I'll go with Mario for now, but I'll see where this goes.

Immortal360 said:
Janemba mainly because of his teleportation hax so he could send mario attacks back at him plus Janemba himself could attack mario so thats too much for mario to handle
Actually Mario's dealt with that quite a lot. Very few of Mario's attacks are ranged so attack reflection seems unlikely to work.

Okay, while it is out of character for Mario to utilise his Time Travel, it is not out of character for Mario to utilise his Time Stop or Time Slowing, because Mario can sometimes literally stomp Boos, that means his attacks can hit intangible beings and harm souls, which means he ignores durability for that matter. As DMUA mentioned, he could just end it by possessing him, Mario can also become intangible, and Mario has Transmutation by literally being able to hit enemies with a hammer and turn them to paper. I also don't know why Mario doesn't have Reality Warping listed on his page, he uses the Star Rod in Mario Party 8 to battle Bowser.

We've already established that Janemba doesn't really have really potent Reality Warping or Matter Manipulation, and Mario can attack intangible beings, and yet Janemba hasn't really shown the capability. I also think Mario should probably resist Cloning, seeing as he consistently keep up with virutally perfect Doppelgangers, and some that should be beyond perfect. So copying his powers or cloning him wouldn't be very effective, and let's not forget Mario can make tons of clones of himself on a whim. Janemba has Possession listed on his profile, but I don't think there are any notable uses of him using it or if he even does it in-character.

Well, my vote goes to Mario, because he can stop time and either possess him, stomp his soul, or just turn him to paper.

I doubt Mario can stomp every single evil soul in HFIL. And his transmutation requires him to hit janemba with his hammer, which I doubt he has a higher chance of doing that since Janemba can fly and use his sword from far away.

I don't see why you doubt that, considering that the strongest soul in Hell is Perfect Cell's. Yes, his Transmutation requires him to hit Janemba with a hammer. It shouldn't be remotely hard to do when he stops time. There is still no refute to possession.

Mario will probably have a rough time doing it, but he's very likely to pull it off.

Back