• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario & Luigi vs Sephiroth (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Pre-Lifestream Fall Sephiroth and Base Mario/Luigi are used
  • Speed will be equalized
  • Battle takes place inside Bowser
  • No Prep Time or Information of each other
  • Both start 5 meters away from each other

a13

"I will never be a meme":
-Deflect Supernova-: 7 (TartaChocholate, jojo123, SuperStar, TheGuy, Smashtwig, ZespeonGalaxy, Undylan)
Incon:

Last edited:
Pfft! One Winged Angel is already one of the biggest shitposts in the FF franchise and everything that comes from Sephiroth's mouth is a meme, like a poor man's Vergil.

As fun as this matchup seems, it seems to be a mismatch. Pitting two 3-Cs agains a 4-A. Sephiroth has a decent scaling from the starry sky feat (scaling enormously above x8 the feat), but nothing that puts him near Galaxy.

Well, let's give it a shot takes a deep breath:

Seph did seem to have had a couple of upgrades since the last time. Essentially, his energy attacks such as this sword beam, this unnamed one or Draw Slash, all also count as Soul, Info and Spatial hax (which from what I am seeing the Bros don't resist in their base key) thanks to his Spirit Energy due to the way the Spirit works in FFVII. But this doesn't extend to his regular attacks, which can be normally blocked or parried.

Though Sephiroth can handle himself well enough against two skilled opponents, said opponents were also weaker than him, Mario and Luigi can kill Sephiroth with as much as a tap and Sephiroth, by all intents and porpuses, can't block attacks, they will just disarm him, shatter his arm or simply break through the Masamune. Though dodging is still a possibility and Sephiroth can also teleport out of the way, but this is made less effective by Mario and Luigi having a telepathic link and being able to coordinate that way.

There is Heartless Angel, but it requires a brief moment of concentration, which the Bros can exploit, and unlike the main FFVII variant where he can immediatly cast on all enemies, here he can only target one.

The other option Sephiroth has are his Four conjured Elemental Materia which will cast elemental Magic on Sephy's opponents. While the elemental spells per se are not much of an issue for the Bros, given Magic in FFVII also uses Spirit Energy but coming directly from the Planet it also doubles as Soul, Info and Spatial hax. Though the Bros should be able to deflect at least some of the spells or dodge them (I can't recall if you could block lightning in Mario and Luigi games) and they can destroy the Materia with a single hit.

All in all? I'd say Mario and Luigi? In their base form they don't really have much against Sephiroth in terms of hax and can be one-shot by some of Sephiroth's abilities, but they can win with a single touch with any attack. Sephiroth needs to use specific abilities and more beneficial scenarios to pull a win. Also it isn't until the original FFVII he gets support abilities that would really save him here, like his mind/memory reading (clueing him on how outmatched he is in terms of stats), illusions and his telekinesis (to create proper openings or avoid) or his immortality and regeneration.

@The_Pink_God : I think the Tier 2 KH chars are now Low 1-C smurfs.

Are 2v1's allowed at all? This might go in fun and games? Unless im completely wrong.
Yes
Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
  • If two characters are canonically known for fighting alongside one another frequently and supplement each other's skills in combat (i.e. Twinrova, Ice Climbers, and Batman and Robin)

No one can beat Mario, let alone him and Luigi, so FRA

As a fan of M&L:BIS and FFVII to a degree, though I didn't play Crisis Core-

Mario and Luigi definitely got this, even if we're just using BIS, they're able to detect feints and figure out how. when, and who Sephiroth will attack with his sword strikes and probably just counter with a bonk of the hammer. If Sephiroth tries ranged attacks, Mario and Luigi can use their hammers to destroy the attacks like they did against various attacks. Elemental Materia will help, but in Mario and Luigi games the bros are typically required to take down appendages or "sub enemies" of bosses or final bosses like the Dark Star's fight and will know to neutralize those first. Yoo-hoo Cannon and Bye Bye Cannon's duplication can definitely overwhelm Sephiroth, and Boo Biscuits will help the bros understand Sephiroth better before fighting back. Magic Window teleportation is also going to overwhelm Septhiroth with constant teleportation attacks that cannot really be kept up with just skill tbh. Perhaps Sephiroth can kill one of em with hax, but 1-Up Mushrooms also exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back