• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what your issue is here. It may be a different incarnation, but the feat still exists, and it's much easier to add it here than to create an entirely new profile for Paper Mario.

Star Spirits existing in Mario Party 5, Goomboss existing in SM64DS, and Toadette's trophy in the SSB series invalidates the fact it's a different continuity. Please stop setting up a canon in a series Nintendo never gave any care about....

The problem is making a composite Mario is like trying to make a composite Mega Man or Spyro.

The different versions/continuities just don't blend together.

Hyperception 2 said:
The problem is making a composite Mario is like trying to make a composite Mega Man or Spyro.
The different versions/continuities just don't blend together.
Thats why it has its own key though

Are people ignoring my comment? Previous games invalidate this. Mario is basically Mickey Mouse in the sense that he's overall the same character despite his different roles among games....

Hyperception 2 said:
It's not just different roles...
If you are suugesting the are different in terms of incarnation then that's also wrong because characters that originated in the PM series have also existed in other games as mentioned in my first reply. Why are we making the series' canon more complicated than it ever was? Paper Jam exists for gameplay reasons, not to establish a different canon. It's like saying SM64 and NSMB are different continuities because of Metal Mario and Dry Bowser being protrayed as different/seperate characters in games like MK7 and MP:IT.

I guess we can make compsite Mega Man then...

jk, But compsite Mario is simply not possible. The incarnations are far too different to be put into one.

Hyperception 2 said:
I guess we can make compsite Mega Man then...
jk, But compsite Mario is simply not possible. The incarnations are far too different to be put into one.
I get the joke but the point sorta falls apart since for Megaman composite Megaman means we are combining the the different media Megaman has been, from games to tv shows. Mario's profile is solely limited to his game appearances.

Mind explaining to me what makes them different in the first place that isn't limited to a single game?

Dino Ranger Black said:
I get the joke but the point sorta falls apart since for Megaman composite Megaman means we are combining the the different media Megaman has been, from games to tv shows. Mario's profile is solely limited to his game appearances.

Mind explaining to me what makes them different in the first place that isn't limited to a single game?
I meant game versions only.

The fact that they look and act completely disimilar.

Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:

I guess Dry Bowser and Yoshi in Yoshi's Wooly World means they are different too, right? Don't get me started others with a design change such as Sonic. See? Looking different doesn't mean you are a different character. Heck, Toadette is refered as the same character who appeared in TTYD and MKDD.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:

I guess Dry Bowser and Yoshi in Yoshi's Wooly World means they are different too, right? Don't get me started others with a design change such as Sonic. See? Looking different doesn't mean you are a different character. Heck, Toadette is refered as the same character who appeared in TTYD and MKDD.

Yeah, Those are different and cannot be composited either.

Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:

Yeah, Those are different and cannot be composited either.
No, they aren't. They are the same character. I'll provide one of the many proofs by linking you toToadette's trophy descriptio

mario is 2-B because of the pure hearts. the pure hearts was able to defeat super dimentio who was able to destroy multiple universes and the pure hearts gave mario the same power as the chaos hearts.

Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
And look, Paper Mario has his ow trophies.
And yet, he's still refered to the same character futher proving my point.
He's refered too as a different character. The trophy is called Paper Mario for a reason.
It's because of the artstyle, not the fact the character is different. Heck, the description even support the fact Mario only looks different, not actually is.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
He's refered too as a different character. The trophy is called Paper Mario for a reason.
It's because of the artstyle, not the fact the character is different. Heck, the description even support the fact Mario only looks different, not actually is.
The last trophy's description says otherwise.

NTSC "The paper-thin Mario from the Paper Mario series recently quested for the wish-granting Royal Stickers. These magic stickers are for more than just collecting, though. Mario can use them to change his paper world, and nothing helps him in battle more than a sticker!"

PAL "A paper-thin version of Mario from the Paper Mario series.. Most recently, he set off on a sticker-packed adventure to find the wish-granting Royal Stickers. Stickers aren't just for collecting, though - they're for making bridges, opening ancient doors, and even for taking on foes in battle!"

Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
Hyperception 2 said:
The last trophy's description says otherwise.
NTSC "The paper-thin Mario from the Paper Mario series recently quested for the wish-granting Royal Stickers. These magic stickers are for more than just collecting, though. Mario can use them to change his paper world, and nothing helps him in battle more than a sticker!"

PAL "A paper-thin version of Mario from the Paper Mario series.. Most recently, he set off on a sticker-packed adventure to find the wish-granting Royal Stickers. Stickers aren't just for collecting, though - they're for making bridges, opening ancient doors, and even for taking on foes in battle!"
And yet, the first two, as well as, Toadette and the trophy feature other characters protrayed them as the same. This along with characters such as Goomboss already invalidates that claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back