• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Silver Sea Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
to justifice how fast Barzalondo is

Barzalondo said his style cuts through time and his sword are too fast even for lay,he's too fast that he created pseudo time stop just by his speed alone,and only barzalondo who move in the stationary world

since lay is FTL, should we give barzalondo style MFTL+ rating because it's created pseudo time stop even from lay ? since seeing speed of light as freeze object is rated at mftl+ or it's infinite because it's cuts through time?

and anyone who faster than barzalondo should scales above him

Well, there is a thread regarding the "Frozen backgrounds" or "Perceiving things as time stopped." That the staff appear divided atm, but I overall think assuming the 5000x multiplier for feats like that is stretchy. But I can at least promise, "At least FTL, likely far higher" at bare minimum.

Well, there is a thread regarding the "Frozen backgrounds" or "Perceiving things as time stopped." That the staff appear divided atm, but I overall think assuming the 5000x multiplier for feats like that is stretchy. But I can at least promise, "At least FTL, likely far higher" at bare minimum.
Well it would be Strecthed aas hell if we don't know the further context

But it's has it own supportive feats like
how the speed, power and everything in deeper sea are like different another dimension compared to shallow one
barzalondo said his blade are cuts through time and create pseudo time stop by his movement alone, even the ftl being would be motionless and the only one who will be move are barzarondo itself

I... really don't see how that justifies MFTL unless you have a calc.
ikr about that, it should be irellevant for speed rating since it's not irl object likes laser in some fiction but the character itself ,but considering how he's see ftl being likes frozen should be noticeable feats since Seeing sol object likes frozen would be mftl+ speed or if not then it should be far higher from baseline ftl or ftl+

but considering how he's see ftl being likes frozen should be noticeable feats since Seeing sol object likes frozen would be mftl+ speed
Gonna stop you here. Using the speed of the characters from another feat to get the speed they were moving during this scene would be calc stacking, which makes it invalid to use. So no, you can't assume these characters are moving at the speed given on their profiles for this calc since said speed comes from a very different scene.

Gonna stop you here. Using the speed of the characters from another feat to get the speed they were moving during this scene would be calc stacking, which makes it invalid to use. So no, you can't assume these characters are moving at the speed given on their profiles for this calc since said speed comes from a very different scene.
Yes it would be calc stacking, I know this from the beginning

But should it become far higher from ftl, since it's really noticeable feats about how the verse treated deeper sea inhabitant?

I know inhabitants from deeper into the Silver Sea are superior in every single aspect, and by a long shot at that, but without anything to actually judge the difference between them (no multipliers, no higher feats), they just end on the same tier since we can't determine by how much faster they are beyond "a whole lot".

I know inhabitants from deeper into the Silver Sea are superior in every single aspect, and by a long shot at that, but without anything to actually judge the difference between them (no multipliers, no higher feats), they just end on the same tier since we can't determine by how much faster they are beyond "a whole lot".
Yes, the very sad thing that we can't see how much they are multiplied and nothing to judge, even tho there's many direct statement that explain each layers inhabitants has a massive different in term of speed, and barzalondo case was one of the example to it

It's should be "a whole lot" But yeah there's nothing to judge it, it's good to use safer way, but it's likely a bit lowballing them

Thanks to reply on my thread

Ionliosite makes sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

I think this speed feat would suit better for FTL+

Greeks, whose roots are divided into seven, will be revived many times with <Root Regeneration Agronemut> as long as all of them are not destroyed in an instant.

However, Shin didn't care and kept swinging his magic sword.

The speed far exceeds the speed of light and accelerates rapidly.

One thousand was counted in one breath, and the next moment it accelerated twice, and now it has exceeded 5,000.

His magical power had disappeared.

"The sword of severance, the secret is awesome--"

During the blink, the blade of the disconnection was shaken 10,000 times.

Hey. I wanna give some evidence for Anos having immeasurable speed in this thread, since it's a thread about speed. I'll make a separate CRT if I have to tho.

Anos was capable of catching and dodging Eges' spear, which could give him immeasurable speed.

My reasoning for this:

From chapter 347 of the WN.

"There is no time for his magic spear." (There are other statements that support his spear lacks the concept of time.)
"From there, even a spear that transcends space-time will not reach."
- His spear lacks the concept of time, and also transcends space-time.

"It invites me to the other side of space and time faster than the Demon Eyes of Ruin can destroy it..."
- It was faster than the Demon Eyes of Ruin, which passively destroy stuff that tries to affect Anos.

"It makes everything fly through space and time with ease."
- He is capable of tossing targets across space and time.

Immeasurable speed's description:
Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.

Considering the spear lacks the concept of time and transcends space-time, T would be undefined in the speed formula S = D/T .

All the above info should be proof that the spear's speed is immeasurable.
Since Anos was capable of catching and dodging the spear, he should also have immeasurable speed.

Last edited:
I also want to discuss about a scene from chapter 477
A voice mixed with noise echoes.

"The cogwheel of time begins to turn. You left behind in the past so that the past and the future do not intersect, you cannot catch up with me in the future forever."(Eques)

At a speed that seems to have skipped time, Eques, who avoided<Egil Grone Angdroa> and went around behind me, was swinging his right arm up.

The gear of that hand rotated at high speed, and my face was smashed and pushed out.

I grabbed it with my left hand and took it casually.

The gear rotates in the hand, but it is pressed firmly and stopped.

"... Gee ...!?"

"Did you think your future will reach my past?"
Can this be qualified as Immeasurable? Especially the "At a speed that seems to have skipped time,...." part, or is it just flowey words?

Hey. I wanna give some evidence for Anos having immeasurable speed in this thread, since it's a thread about speed. I'll make a separate CRT if I have to tho.

Anos was capable of catching and dodging Eges' spear, which could give him immeasurable speed.

My reasoning for this:

"There is no time for his magic spear." (There are other statements that support his spear lacks the concept of time.)

"It invites me to the other side of space and time faster than the Demon Eyes of Ruin can destroy it..."
- It was faster than the Demon Eyes of Ruin, which passively destroy stuff that tries to affect Anos.

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.

Considering the spear lacks the concept of time and transcends space-time, T would be undefined in the speed formula S = D/T .

Since Anos was capable of catching and dodging the spear, he should also have immeasurable speed.
It's should be immeasurable by default, not just Infinite considering the supportive feats are repeatly stated like that

I also want to discuss about a scene from chapter 477

Can this be qualified as Immeasurable? Especially the "At a speed that seems to have skipped time,...." part, or is it just flowey words?
Considering the already existent statements which more or less about "speed transcending time-space" and "lacking the concept of time", it can't be flowery words in any sense. I agree that Immeasurable speed is in favor more rather than just Infinite speed.

My reasoning for this:

@Antvasima Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I'm not 100% certain if the translations are accurate; but "Transcending time" is often prone to hyperboles and it can just mean time travel or resisting time manipulation. And "Concept of time doesn't exist" could be interpreted, but that also sounds hyperbolic. Though, I can see it having the ability to strike previous time periods, but seems more like Time manipulation without more elaborate context. That, I'd prefer if one of our official Japanese translators take a look at the source to confirm it's accurate.

I'm not 100% certain if the translations are accurate; but "Transcending time" is often prone to hyperboles and it can just mean time travel or resisting time manipulation. And "Concept of time doesn't exist" could be interpreted, but that also sounds hyperbolic. Though, I can see it having the ability to strike previous time periods, but seems more like Time manipulation without more elaborate context. That, I'd prefer if one of our official Japanese translators take a look at the source to confirm it's accurate.
It's actually already used for "Infinite" Rating that we currently have in the profile

Last edited:
The spear lacking a concept of time was already accepted by Staff in a former thread. Its consistent with other statements and nothing really contradicts it.

In fact, the spear strikes with instantaneous speeds from most opponent's perspectives (thats why they say it lacks a concept of time, since it strikes in no time, or 0 seconds if you want to get technical). Plus, it can fly across time and space via sheer speed as I already mentioned above.

Last edited:
I do think this damn is more than obvious, lacking the concept of time means the spear's speed literally being unbound it, being faster than passive means the spear is faster than instant so Immeasurable speed it is.

Last edited:
I didn't see that was an infinite speed profile; if that's the case, I would not really consider that infinite and agree Immeasurable seems far more likely if that is the case then.

Thank you for helping out Medeus. I suppose that immeasurable speed may be acceptable then.

Alright, but we still need to settle the FTL speeds of the mid tiers of the verse. So Im gonna quote my example from above just in case people haven't seen it.

Greeks, whose roots are divided into seven, will be revived many times with <Root Regeneration Agronemut> as long as all of them are not destroyed in an instant.

However, Shin didn't care and kept swinging his magic sword.

One thousand was counted in one breath, and the next moment it accelerated twice, and now it has exceeded 5,000.

His magical power had disappeared.

"The sword of severance, the secret is awesome--"

Can this be enough for FTL+?

Last edited:
Alright, but we still need to settle the FTL speeds of the mid tiers of the verse. So Im gonna quote my example from above just in case people haven't seen it.

Can this be enough for FTL+?
I don't understand the

So, the one thousand cut is already ftl, and then Shin accelerate again twice, and now he got 5000 cut?

The Immeasurable speed update for that one time transcendent spear can be applied, I'm unsure about that other FTL interpretation being anything higher than FTL without some proper calculation blog + Calc Group member input.

to justifice how fast Barzalondo is

Barzalondo said his style cuts through time and his sword are too fast even for lay,he's too fast that he created pseudo time stop just by his speed alone,and only barzalondo who move in the stationary world

since lay is FTL, should we give barzalondo style MFTL+ rating because it's created pseudo time stop even from lay ? since seeing speed of light as freeze object is rated at mftl+ or it's infinite because it's cuts through time?

and anyone who faster than barzalondo should scales above him
Nice. I'll ready to solos all verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back