• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Discussion Thread

Ah, sorry but I can't yet.
snapchat30n-5-web.jpg

I heard that maou gakuin no futekigousha is being translated into English right now, volume 7 is being translated, or is it anos outer at the end?

Anime only or LN?
Light Novel, I didn't like the verse at first like others but once I read it I realized it definitely appealed to me, even outside its vs potential.

Took to analyzing the themes, relationships and even figured some spells spoke words well.. WITHOUT saying words. The series does have some great writing imo that gets downplayed HEAVILY due to outside perspectives..

Light Novel, I didn't like the verse at first like others but once I read it I realized it definitely appealed to me, even outside its vs potential.

Took to analyzing the themes, relationships and even figured some spells spoke words well.. WITHOUT saying words. The series does have some great writing imo that gets downplayed HEAVILY due to outside perspectives..
Could go on and on all day about how there's many things to Anos' love for the world that even he doesn't say, the final fight of volume 10 act 2 really showed me just how much he cares.
someone talking about MGK's writing without saying it sucks (although the people who say that most of the time haven't even seen the anime, much less WN/LN).
I've seen people saying that Anos is simply a narcissist who kills whoever he wants, whenever he wants without a shred of remorse (I have no idea where that came from).

someone talking about MGK's writing without saying it sucks (although the people who say that most of the time haven't even seen the anime, much less WN/LN).
I've seen people saying that Anos is simply a narcissist who kills whoever he wants, whenever he wants without a shred of remorse (I have no idea where that came from).
NOOOO WAAAAY..

Some people just aren't reading anything I fear... heck, I even bother to argue for Anos' fights before the silver ocean arcs. The anime really made some look too easy for him when the novels turn of events (as hard as it is for anime onlies to believe), he doesn't do it super casually.

Some people just aren't reading anything I fear... heck, I even bother to argue for Anos' fights before the silver ocean arcs. The anime really made some look too easy for him when the novels turn of events (as hard as it is for anime onlies to believe), he doesn't do it super casually.
Well, some ordeals are casual— but to see people call such things asspulls when stuff like him making spells are established in VOLUME 2...? Yet the world is still built to where even that doesn't just fix everything due to spirit lore.

I really didn't like the anime adaptation, in the anime they took very good scenes from the first season that I wanted to see, the humor also seems to cease to exist in the anime (although a good part of the humor only exists because of Anos' narrative ), and the fights are honestly a bit disappointing, the fight between Kanon and Anos isn't even that good, but it manages to be the best (Lay and Shin's training scene is horrible, where's the sword skill they both should have?), in addition to very big changes in the anime, this is sad
Two scenes that I wanted to see in the first season are the one where Sasha drops Anos' photo (they basically excluded the fact that Sasha only agreed to fight to win the photo, as well as the whole scene), and especially the epilogue (if not I'm wrong about volume 1-2) where Anos talks more deeply about how he loves his parents (which is when they ask if Lay is Anos' new boyfriend), this scene kind of moves me a little, and it would be really good to build the character better.

I really didn't like the anime adaptation, in the anime they took very good scenes from the first season that I wanted to see, the humor also seems to cease to exist in the anime (although a good part of the humor only exists because of Anos' narrative ), and the fights are honestly a bit disappointing, the fight between Kanon and Anos isn't even that good, but it manages to be the best (Lay and Shin's training scene is horrible, where's the sword skill they both should have?), in addition to very big changes in the anime, this is sad
Two scenes that I wanted to see in the first season are the one where Sasha drops Anos' photo (they basically excluded the fact that Sasha only agreed to fight to win the photo, as well as the whole scene), and especially the epilogue (if not I'm wrong about volume 1-2) where Anos talks more deeply about how he loves his parents (which is when they ask if Lay is Anos' new boyfriend), this scene kind of moves me a little, and it would be really good to build the character better.
It lacks a lot of things, that is true. The most I could give is the implementation of CGI as some of its best qualities, but everything could be SO MUCH better.. the showing of Eges' spear is criminal and as you mentioned, the sword skill is EXTREMELY lacking for the anime.

There was the cutting of the celebratory party at the start of volume 4, and (iirc) anos' talk with both sasha and misha before the small war at volume 3 before they find out Lay was posing as Avos.

The best thing that shows something IS THERE in the anime is Anos and Misha's outing together, it gives the idea that Anos not seeing himself as able to DO EVERYTHING he cares that his subordinates can cover where he lacks.

Makes the Demon King's Garden moment that much more special.

It lacks a lot of things, that is true. The most I could give is the implementation of CGI as some of its best qualities, but everything could be SO MUCH better.. the showing of Eges' spear is criminal and as you mentioned, the sword skill is EXTREMELY lacking for the anime.
I had high expectations for Shin to appear, because I thought there would be great swordplay demonstrations, and now I'm just disappointed, the exclusion of some scenes (mainly the epilogue I mentioned) is sad, and the fact that the LN/WN's humor exists mainly because Anos' narrative makes the humor in the anime difficult, it could definitely be better, it would be good if they made some OVAS to show some deleted scenes, especially (for me) the epilogue that I mentioned.
There was the cutting of the celebratory party at the start of volume 4, and (iirc) anos' talk with both sasha and misha before the small war at volume 3 before they find out Lay was posing as Avos.

The best thing that shows something IS THERE in the anime is Anos and Misha's outing together, it gives the idea that Anos not seeing himself as able to DO EVERYTHING he cares that his subordinates can cover where he lacks.

Makes the Demon King's Garden moment that much more special.
Yes, the character build was worse than the LN, but it wasn't all bad, the anime still has its good moments.

Besides the but, when I look at the Tokyo Ghoul adaptation, MGK's adaptation seems perfect (the Tokyo Ghoul anime deserves to be remade).

Oh, a talk about MG's writting, quite unusual. There's always been this contrast between the power scaling and writting side of maou gakuin and seeing the latter actually shine for once is reassuring, since it definitely deserves just as much of praise.
Agree, MG story is pretty well written as it not only focuses on the MC's development but also delves into the development of other characters and their pasts. Currently One of my favorite backstories is Celis and Luna's.

Agree..Though, its understandable considering how plain looking the show is on the surface. Personally, I didn't think much of the series when it aired. But even then, It already outdoes alot of animes when it comes to writting a story..
Well in novel even side characters has their own arcs and character development and more screentime. Volume 14 part 1 is more about AFU in some singing world (there is other contents but they got more screentime there). Though I hate them.

Back