• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mammoth Mogul First Tenure AP Change and Possible 4th Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
249,174,056>200,000

lolWoGstatement

The problem is that, like I said, those emeralds are far smaller than normal ones, so they can't be scaled to the ones in the Great Harmony. There are just too many scans from panels and guides contradicting it. Aside from the ones already posted, there's this one as well, which I would certainly argue is the most reliable on-panel, as it takes places during the great harmony, and is most in-line with the guide statements: https://imgur.com/BCesFvV

ED INFINITUM said:
So,could that mean there's potential 2-A base characters? Or is that really pushing it?
Just Mogul, Sonic doesn't scale to him once he gets the grey emerald back since he never fights him again. I do think it's certainly viable, but I would rather leave it at 2-C for now.

Or when Sonic hurt Enerjak with a spin dash, Shadow punches him in the face, and Silver fought him in Dark Mobius.

But yeah that would just be way too inconsistent plus Enerjak was being casual.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Or when Sonic hurt Enerjak with a spin dash, Shadow punches him in the face, and Silver fought him in Dark Mobius.
But yeah that would just be way too inconsistent plus Enerjak was being casual.
Yeah I'm just joking, plus enerjak was drained and off guard when sonic hurt him and he was toying with silver the entire fight

ShakeResounding said:
@Cal Seeing anything to do with Sonic and saying we should stop the, admittedly large, CRTs isn't fair judgement when we have like eight different incarnations of the guy.
We have about double the amount of Links and triple the amount of Supermen. You don't see them getting revised twice a week.

These revisions have plenty of evidence to them and we've proven they're more consistent than the 4-B rating. Unless you're gonna accept my debate challenge and stop ducking, quit crying about revisions just because you don't like them.

@Awesometime You've already gotten a warning about your behavior. I don't particularily think the things you said did warrant a warning as that was minor, but still don't try to be hostile any longer or else they will give you a short ban.

Alright. Sonic nearly died to faaaar less than the stuff being mentioned here. Statements of infinite power mean absolutely nothing lest High 3-A Kirby. Even if a single Chaos Emerald was tier 2, being fueled by a power source doesn't make you that power source's tier by default.

Also talking like that to an admin is a quick way to get yourself banned.

The real cal howard said:
Alright. Sonic nearly died to faaaar less than the stuff being mentioned here. Statements of infinite power mean absolutely nothing lest High 3-A Kirby. Even if a single Chaos Emerald was tier 2, being fueled by a power source doesn't make you that power source's tier by default.
So you admit to holding double standards? Alright cool.

MYHERO said:
@Awesometime You've already gotten a warning about your behavior. I don't particularily think the things you said did warrant a warning as that was minor, but still don't try to be hostile any longer or else they will give you a short ban.
If mods are allowed to be hostile and add nothing valuable to conversations just for the sake of being mods, you can't expect me to not reply accordingly. Both the instance I got a warning for and this instance are me responding to the raise in temperature, not raising it myself.

@Cal Sure, he expected to die from a 4-B source. He then got launched almost a million light years away and still survived. Authors don't keep scaling in mind, they just want things that look impressive.

@Maverick Zero X I have been. I was totally respectful this entire thread until we were accused of "shilling for upgrades." He didn't say a single thing or give a since scan to debunk the evidence I presented, just hid behind his mod status and commited ad baculum.

The real cal howard said:
Stop ignoring evidence and nitpicking. I clearly gave supporting feats to the chaos emeralds and their users being infinite beyond just the SIX statements.

@Awsometime Even if someone is being hostile and not adding anything valuable, don't stoop down to their level as it only adds fuel to the fire and derails the thread into a shouting match. We should discuss this like proper adults.

I know. I'm just saying you can't expect me to not respond accordingly to a raise in temperature. But whatever I'll drop it now.

Even if I give you the quantum dial solar system feat, you've still failed to address the fact that the 2-C scaling is more consistent and has more evidence. What you're doing is the equivalent of saying Goku is athlete level because he got harmed by a bullet one time. That would be ridiculous to say, because his universal scaling is shown far more consistently. The same applies to Sonic in this case.

Awsometime said:
249,174,056>200,000

lolWoGstatement
The problem is that, like I said, those emeralds are far smaller than normal ones, so they can't be scaled to the ones in the Great Harmony. There are just too many scans from panels and guides contradicting it. Aside from the ones already posted, there's this one as well, which I would certainly argue is the most reliable on-panel, as it takes places during the great harmony, and is most in-line with the guide statements: https://imgur.com/BCesFvV
Why does their size matter if each individual one is stated to be equivalent in power aka a single one can create a zone and limitless power shtick not being weaker? Their appearance shouldn't have any bearing here.

The size was more of a supplementary thing. The main point was that the scans of the sea are inconsistent with what the great harmony actually shows and what the guides say. Also, iirc wasn't that some illusion or reality warping done by the ancient walkers?

So, I don't really wanna bother anyone with scaling, but 4-B Sonic seems like an odd Tier for him:

Out of the feats that would put him at 4-B, I believe that 1 of them is 4-B, and the others are just "somewhere in Tier 4".

Not to mention, Sonic seems to have both much higher and much lower feats that we originally accepted 4-B as a valid tier not because of consistency, but because it was in the middle of Tier 8 and tier 2.

The Emeralds having limitless power definitely isn't hyperbole like it is with Kirby, as it consistently stated by credible sources. Also the Quantum Dial feat is revealed to have destabilized the space-time continuum in #141.

UniversalSanic

@DMB 1 The Quantum Dial was used as a middle ground because tier 8 is downplay but you also can't scale base characters to Enerjak and Master Mogul.

Zone of Silence was rated as tier 4 but it turns out it's a Low 2-C feat.

ED INFINITUM said:
Sonic either gets knocked out by a weight set or tanks continuum destroying attacks,pick your poison.
Which is why I would try to specifically search for the most consistent feat, not just the one in the middle ground between the lowest and the highest.

Maverick Zero X said:
The Emeralds having limitless power definitely isn't hyperbole like it is with Kirby, as it consistently stated by credible sources. Also the Quantum Dial feat is revealed to have destabilized the space-time continuum in #141.
Oh shit, so the Quantum Dial was Low 2-C right under our noses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back