• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Monarch Laciel said:
> A 9-A durability character blocking an AoE low 7-C attack.
Uhhh no. Those scissors are not big enough to block an AoE.
the 9-A durability is clearly inaccurate. I messed up the durability scaling in the revisions. Sheele should be likely Low 7-C dura really.

That AOE only applies if the attack hits the ground. Because the force of the attack is transfered into the ground. Here it's transfered into the scissors.

Just because you two have green names doesn't mean you can call this matchup invalid because you disagree.

Don't strawman me.

I never called the match invalid at all, let alone "because I have a green name"

Edit: Fine, strawman was the wrong term

Don't put words in my mouth.

<Strawman

Annnnnd I'm done. **** Kill La Kill matches, 90% of them go straight to shit.

Gargoyle One said:
<Strawman
Annnnnd I'm done. **** Kill La Kill matches, 90% of them go straight to shit.
Yeah, at this point I am probably going to distance myself from any and all Kill La Kill matches.

I'm done here Gar, I;m sure you understand.

Oh hell, might as well keep it open until it's done.

But please for the love of god people do not start dropping the strawman or Non-Sequitor card.

As I said in my edit...

"strawman" was the wrong term.

He didn't strawman me, he put words in my mouth.

And non-sequitor (from me at least, and I don't see it anywhere else) was a joke.

This of course doesn't mean anything since actually using said term or words isn't exactly smart to begin with since someone who is literally a step above a discussion Mod is doing the exact thing they were supposed to help against.

No. A joke is this. And it's true.
Preoccupied.jpg

That "someone" being me...?

Because I came into this thread and

1) stated a fact about Mako's fight with Ryuko to correct Weekly's statement that Mako was trying to kill her,

2) stated another fact that you can't stop an AoE attack from hitting you by trying to block it with something that doesn't cover your whole body,

3) defended myself against an attempt to put words in my mouth, and

4) made a joking comment in an attempt to defuse the situation.

Exactly what have I done that is wrong in any way?

Meanwhile, you and VersusJunkie are both being confrontational and disrespectful.

Don't state someone is putting words in your mouth. It's not hard, simply ignore it or tell them to calm down. It's simple.

Stating a person's statement is "Non-Sequitor" does not diffuse a situation. At all, but apparently you were joking so \_(-_-)_/

I said, don't be dropping the Non-Sequitor or Strawman card, what I have done I don't know.

Dude

Do I really have to explain the joke?

I say "don't strawman me"

Knight says "-strawmans you-"

I respond with "-non sequitors you-"

The joke is that he says he is strawmaning me after I say not to, so I say I am non sequitoring him. A fallacy for a fallacy. I don't know, maybe he could have said "-ad naseums you-" next or something. The joking bit is us throwing fallacies at each other.

No one's arguments were non sequitor. I wasn't saying anyone's statements were non-sequitor.

I would like to point out that unless a character consistently generates shockwaves with their attacks, like Saitama,Izuku M, and All Might. We don't assume they'll produce an AOE shockwave with every physical strike. Mako only made one shockwave, that is it.

Back