• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Making ending puns for episodes

Continuing on from something in the main Death Battle thread found here.

Once again, these are my ideas for ending puns:

Mechon_Fiora_VS_Emil_Ratatosk.png

"On Fiora's list, it looks like Emil -Mayneth- have been the Final Cross. You can't argue the Rat-a-TOSS with that!"

chaos_vs_Lucario.png

Boomstick: "YESH-you-are dead, Lucario, may you be reborn again ANEW-bis."

Wiz: "Whatever happened to putting you on a limit?"

Boomstick: "Order in the court, Wiz! You wouldn't want this to devolve into chaos ETHER, would you?"

Tyrea_vs_ilia.png

"No point -lashing- out at Tyrea, ilia, you were never going to -shoulder- the -state- of that burden!"

Other puns from other people:

@Oleggator

@TMaakkonen

More are appreciated.

Last edited:
image0.webp

“Looks like [insert winner here] really Rayned on [insert loser here]’s parade
“Looks like [insert winner here] wasn’t digging what [insert loser here] was putting down”

Decus__Alice_vs_Mercury__Emerald.png

"You might not always black out when you hallucinate, but when you get to the core of the matter, you can't disguise the fact that Decus van-guarded his win."

image0.webp

“Looks like X took home the Gold”
“Looks like X wasn’t fooling/joking around”
“Looks like X didn’t have the Arsene-nal to take down Y”
“In general X didn’t have the experience to take down Y”

Klaus_Von_Reinherz_vs_Kahuna_Hala.png

"In all Z-eriousness, there's no blockading the fact that Hala made Klaus clot up when Hariyama thrusted out the blood. That battlefront garnered a grim-ore result!"

poopityscoop.jpg
"Luffy couldn't make it out in one piece"

That's a very S1 pun, ngl

Last edited:
Shulk_vs_Kirito.png

"By feeling this matchup out, there's no point pulling the stars out your art, Kirito. There was nothing you could do that Mona-don't!"

Dave_Cullen_vs_Vaush.png

"After arguing against that a-ginger, Vaush was Culled Forever. You might even say that Dave was on the right side of history!"

Shinji_VS_Tetsuo_Version_3_28Sharaku29.jpg

“X is gonna see angels after that one”
[death via spear of Loginus] ”X wouldn’t fork over the win”

Matador_vs_Sans.jpg

“In the end it really didn’t matador”

Kinda wish there were more than the two of us in this thread.
ANYWAY:

Reoko_vs_Salem.png

"The results of the Trial landed Salem with more that a few bubu-ki's and a limb-p with those burns, of witch came about when Reoko Entei-d the fray!"

Gladion__Silvally_vs_Tora__Poppi.png

"The chances that picking Poppi-s was going to help you tour-a the battle zone were pretty meh, when your opponent came in like a titan-ic gladi-ator. I could attack this from multi-ple directions, but there's really no-pon way of putting this Qt-ly without Type-ing the result out as null and void: he really wasn't your Silv-ally!"

"Heh, am I driver-ing the point home yet? I have aptitude with these puns. Let's hope this resonated with the audience, because to put a ring on the variables, it's going to be stuck... in your memory!"

Yoseph_Calvert_vs_Chairman_Rose.png

"YO-seph, Marco-s! When you executed that Calvert operation, your Leigon-s were in their prime, and meant business today! Let's hope someone in a polo shirt isn't spreading Roses across the cosmos."

yes I know it's macros and not marcos I just wanted this opportunity, ok?

Zangurak_vs_Ghetsis.png

"To the both of lazil-US, this fight spilt almost as much blood Plasma as I have a burning urge to see-d the outside-r world, if there wasn't a chance I'd dread-lock up at the thought of how freezing it was! Rather Zan that, let's see weather the king of the Gurak looks lance-y or not sitting on that throne. I mean, I'm willing to bet he Ghet-sis what he did, and I doubt it shocks him - U-nova-know!"

Last edited:
Jin_vs_Greninja.png

"I'm Tornan whether to make this joke, but Ashes to Ashes, Greninja. It looks like Jin already had this one Fleshed out! I'm shuriken in my boots!"

Lowell_vs_Klein.png

"In all good glaces, that Lowell-down that Klein was hoping for? He just couldn't Bush-id-out, and got dumped as a result!"

I'll do my top three matchups, starting from number 3.

Archer vs Copen
MortalsAmongSupermen.jpg

If Archer wins:
Boomstick: In the end, Copen was Sword of Boned.
If Copen wins:
Boomstick: Looks like all Emiya can do now is start Cope-n.

Gilgamesh vs Doctor Doom
EgoToSurpassGod.jpg

If Gilgamesh wins:
Boomstick: When faced with the King of Heroes, Doom had no choice but to become Baby-gone*.
*Pronounced like Babylon if you couldn't tell
If Doctor Doom wins:
Boomstick: Gilgamesh was Doomed from the start, and in the end the Monarch of Latveria was the Victor.
Shame Gilgamesh shitstomps since I came up with a better pun for Doom.

My first favorite matchup is the Reds and Blues vs Team Fortress, but I can't think of a pun for that one.

Don't have a Thumbnail for this one, so as a curveball, I'll blur out parts of words and see if anyone can guess which matchup this will be.

"I wonder if we will be lamb-asted for seeing ________ whip that _____-una, because she'll be un-Abel to see stars after that one, yu-kki?"

Reveal comes right after these messages about ginger hair.

Don't have a Thumbnail for this one, so as a curveball, I'll blur out parts of words and see if anyone can guess which matchup this will be.

"I wonder if we will be lamb-asted for seeing ________ whip that _____-una, because she'll be un-Abel to see stars after that one, yu-kki?"

Reveal comes right after these messages about ginger hair.

No guesses? Well after finishing Xenogears, here's the answer:
Elly (Xenogears) vs Asuna Yuuki (SAO)

Elehayym_Van_Houten_VS_Asuna_Yuuki.png

Amended pun:

"We can wave out of existence any chances of us getting lamb-asted for seeing Elly whip that Asuna. She'll be un-Abel to state-cia how many stars she saw after that one, yu-kki?"

Last edited:
You know what would be cool is another thread except for matchup introductions
Like the shpiel Wiz gives at every episode before introducing the combatants

Last edited:
I would have to think of something first, can't get other people to do it without putting in something myself
Idk man just put up the preliminary thread and see if people bite.

I know that's a bit rich as someone who had puns ready to go, but it doesn't mean I couldn't have put this up first and put those ideas in later.

Elma_vs_Riku.png

"The thought of victory may have dawned on Riku, but to Elma... it was im-Mira-terial!"

Dunban_vs_Bercouli.png

"You lacked integrity, Dunban. That win wasn't even North of the Valley, and you still couldn't find the time to split with."

Consider this a bump, as I’m still coming round and I’ll need to make a thumbnail. Consider it a ‘guess me’ round:

“‘Ava-BLACK-Tar on your record there, Rookie? Sorry, you’re not gonna be able to Cross it off, so you’d better WispONto a better place!”

Bumping with thumbnail for Cross (XCX) vs The Rookie (Sonic Forces), which is the MU described above after...
basically 9 months Jesus Christ...

Cross_vs_The_Rookie.png

Wilhelm_vs_Toffee.png

"So spoke your surprise at the fact that you fudged that one up, Toffee! Your will just wasn't at the helm!"

Last edited:
Back