• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hiiilt

They/Them
Control Vs Greed i'm probably going to regret making this
Rules:
Speed Equalized;
Sba for anything else.

Results:Votes:
"I'm aware of the concept of the "necessary evil". I understand it's a convenient justification for your misdeeds. But society doesn't need your cheap excuses. If you were truly a necessary evil, you would be kept on a much shorter leash, with the hand of the state firmly in control."

Hiiilt, Arkenis​

"My satisfied self wants to know, are you satisfied with death? If so, congratulations on your death. If not, then those are the words of fate."SatellaTheWoE
Incon:

Last edited:
With prior knowledge I think Makima absolutely effortlessly stomps.

She can instantly locate the wives and order them to kill themselves with her Conquest abilities, upon which Regulus would immediately be vulnerable to Conquest himself.

With prior knowledge I think Makima absolutely effortlessly stomps.

She can instantly locate the wives and order them to kill themselves with her Conquest abilities, upon which Regulus would immediately be vulnerable to Conquest himself.
removed it

okay this is a tough one, Regulus can just keep killing her and if he figures out that her ability allows her to transfer the damage to a random citizen he could just cause massive damage
on the other hand Makima would have to figure out Regulus's authority and the fact that his wives actually are part of his power which i find hard to believe especially once she tries to manipulate one of them against Regulus and instantly realizes that he doesnt give a jack about them and keeps them more as trophies
Makima also doesnt have Subaru's specific set of experience and knowledge to figure out his authority either so it would take her much longer

I will vote Regulus for above reasons

okay this is a tough one, Regulus can just keep killing her and if he figures out that her ability allows her to transfer the damage to a random citizen he could just cause massive damage
Is he smart enough to figure that out? Wouldn't he assume she is just regenerating?

His wives are brain dead?
they are emotionally dead due to having to repress every thought so they can survive which is basically being braindead tbh
What I'm trying to say is that makima might kill them(or control them)just because they're his wives even if he doesn't care abt them
yeah but either wont get her the victory because he can just make more and there isnt any tangible way for her to know they are his weakness
Heck he can straight up make HER his wife

they are emotionally dead due to having to repress every thought so they can survive which is basically being braindead tbh
They only have to hide their emotions, no? I remember that one of his wives had a conversation with emilia
Yeah but either wont get her the victory because he can just make more and there isnt
I don't think there's anyone for him to turn into his wife outside the Pleiades watchtower
any tangible way for her to know they are his weakness
What I'm trying to say is that makima might kill them(or control them)just because they're his wives even if he doesn't care abt them
She didn't kill quanxi's girlfriends because they were her weakness
Heck he can straight up make HER his wife
This ability allows Regulus to merge a pseudo heart into the heart of any woman he considered to be his wife.
He wouldn't consider makima his wife since she is trying to kill him

Would Regulus try to take Makima as his wife?
Probably not, they're trying to kill each other after all

If I remember correctly he only considered emilia his wife because they had started the marriage ceremony

They only have to hide their emotions, no? I remember that one of his wives had a conversation with emilia

I don't think there's anyone for him to turn into his wife outside the Pleiades watchtower

She didn't kill quanxi's girlfriends because they were her weakness

He wouldn't consider makima his wife since she is trying to kill him
Probably not, they're trying to kill each other after all

If I remember correctly he only considered emilia his wife because they had started the marriage ceremony
he called her a sl#t, tried to kill her multiple times and still made her his wife. The dude has no morals 💀

Pre-timeskip Eternity would likely lock himself there with him, wich means Regulus will likely have a fit and keep attacking it for 03 days or so like Denji. And since time is frozen there and his stamina is pretty much endless it might not do much

he resists mind hax and her physical attacks won't reach him until she kills his wifes
I see no mind hax resistances in Greed's profile. Also, wouldn't her Bio Manip cause trouble to Greed, or that's also included in the "physical attacks won't reach him" part?

Cuz she gaps AP wise + Mind hax cooks Greed
image.png
image.png

I see no mind hax resistances in Greed's profile. Also, wouldn't her Bio Manip cause trouble to Greed, or that's also included in the "physical attacks won't reach him" part?
He is uninteractable so its been decided that he wouldnt get a resistance on his profile but he was unaffected by sirius's +2 layered mind + soul hax combo and Cappella's bio hax
and yeah nothing on Makima would actually be able to reach him with his authority on

As far as I'm concerned the only discussion that should really be happening here is whether Makima's clairvoyance should allow her to know about Regulus' wives. Otherwise there's just no way for her to kill him.

I would say no considering Reinhard is similarly clairvoyant with his intuition and he couldn't figure it out. It's very much so intended to be something that is completely impossible to figure out without knowledge on stars.

As far as I'm concerned the only discussion that should really be happening here is whether Makima's clairvoyance should allow her to know about Regulus' wives. Otherwise there's just no way for her to kill him.

I would say no considering Reinhard is similarly clairvoyant with his intuition and he couldn't figure it out. It's very much so intended to be something that is completely impossible to figure out without knowledge on stars.
not even just stars but also prior knowledge on the archbishops, their naming convention and being able to correctly guess the ability based on that (and it still wouldnt be enough because you would then need to connect the dots about the kingdom and the wives to be finally able to guess the weakness of it)

The biggest problem here is that neither can cause permanent damage to the other until they kill the thing they're connected to(Regulus wifes/Japanese Citizens)

Every attack regulus makes is going to kill makima but he can't bypass mid-high ressurrection while makima's attacks aren't going to affect regulus at all, hell devil, cosmo, doll devil etc... aren't doing anything to him, her best bet is locking regulus inside the eternity devil(which would be very difficult to do)

If someone were to find out about the other weakness first it would be makima due to her genius intelligence and clairvoyance(Not saying Regulus is dumb, or anything like that, he's just too self absorbed to think too deeply about anything other than himself)

If Regulus finds out about her weakness he should be able to easily destroy japan with his planetary range or bfr her to space while in makima's case she should also be able to kill his wifes just by looking at them(using her bio manip/tk) and even if he somehow considers her his wife(which is, imo, unlikely) she can just kill herself and order her minions to finish him off while she's dead(it's shown in the katana man arc and international assassins arc that her contract isn't instantaneous(either that or she can control the time it takes for her to come back) or tp out of his range(since his wife needs to be close to him for his ability to work properly)

Regulus wincon isn't hard to pull off but his personality and lack of combat intelligence(like i said before he isn't dumb but it's obvious who is smarter between both of them) makes it hard for me to imagine him finding out about it before makima

if makima clairvoyance doesn't work then this is probably inconclusive

this just seems more like a limit to reinhard's intuiton than anything else tbh

this just seems more like a limit to reinhard's intuiton than anything else tbh
It really isn't. His intuition is so stupid that he can take a non-multiple choice test on a subject he has no knowledge about and get a perfect score just by guessing.
I'm glad you mentioned bfr though because if Regulus can't figure out a way to kill her there is a very very high chance he will just throw her into space imo.

It really isn't. His intuition is so stupid that he can take a non-multiple choice test on a subject he has no knowledge about and get a perfect score just by guessing.
it clearly has limits tho, he wasn't able to find out how to reach the pleiades watchtower, he didn't find out abt sirius ability in that one loop from arc 5, didn't guess where the white whale was and that it would attack in arc 3, he isn't able to guess a cure from his mother, etc...(he also wasn't able to guess that him and felt were being manipulated by subaru in the greed if and abt subaru's trap in the gluttony if)
I'm glad you mentioned bfr though because if Regulus can't figure out a way to kill her there is a very very high chance he will just throw her into space imo.
doing that would be difficulty tho since makima can see the future
Arguably Regulus can kill Makima by attacking her soul. Also I doubt she'd ever fulfill the qualifications of being a wife.
Makima simps are gonna hunt you

i think a lot of it is actually PiS because we know Cecilus's godly intuition told him not to kill the army + Reinhard would just be solving everything in every scenario
and yeah obviously it has limits but its relative to if not better than Makima's which is what matters
it clearly has limits tho, he wasn't able to find out how to reach the pleiades watchtower,
he didn't find out abt sirius ability in that one loop from arc 5,
these seems like plot induced stupidity (arc 5 is filled with those moments, we even had one where Reinhard got in a deadlock with heinkel of all people)
btw he did figure out a lot about Sirius's ability as soon as he got there but authorities>everything in the verse so it might be due to that
didn't guess where the white whale was and that it would attack in arc 3,
Reinhard was busy on other duties and it wouldnt be the first time The White Whale had struck anywhere
he isn't able to guess a cure from his mother, etc...
He isnt omniscient-
(he also wasn't able to guess that him and felt were being manipulated by subaru in the greed if and abt subaru's trap in the gluttony if)
his POV is a spoiler, for all we know he might have been acting all this time
doing that would be difficulty tho since makima can see the future

Makima simps are gonna hunt you
maybe but its FTL vs human speed so i doubt it would change anything and a lot of his attacks are invisible

i think a lot of it is actually PiS because we know Cecilus's godly intuition told him not to kill the army + Reinhard would just be solving everything in every scenario
and yeah obviously it has limits but its relative to if not better than Makima's which is what matters

these seems like plot induced stupidity (arc 5 is filled with those moments, we even had one where Reinhard got in a deadlock with heinkel of all people)
If all of those occasions are plot induced stupidity then wouldn't his situation with regulus be PIS too? Why would we assume it isn't if you even said that Arc 5 is filled with those moments?
Reinhard was busy on other duties and it wouldnt be the first time The White Whale had struck anywhere
He was off duty in the first arc
His POV is a spoiler, for all we know he might have been acting all this time
So he let almost everyone die in the gluttony if and was just acting surprised? Wouldn't that go completely against his character?
maybe but its FTL vs human speed so i doubt it would change anything
Considering regulus spends most of his fights just talking Abt himself I think it would

If all of those occasions are plot induced stupidity then wouldn't his situation with regulus be PIS too? Why would we assume it isn't if you even said that Arc 5 is filled with those moments?
its implied that the solution he got was nuking the city which he wouldnt do for obvious reasons
He was off duty in the first arc
being at a different location and being busy with work is different from being free and available in the vicinity
So he let almost everyone die in the gluttony if and was just acting surprised? Wouldn't that go completely against his character?
how did you jump from greed to gluttony? I already said it before but its not necessary that he knows where the tragedies are happening
Considering regulus spends most of his fights just talking Abt himself I think it would
right he breathes once in between his charade and it ends up slicing Makima and her soul to pieces gg

Back