• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major upgrade for The Vampire Diaries universe

The Vampire Diaries universe, shockingly, has been considered small building level here, for SO LONG that i thought no one cares enough for that verse to update it but after seeing you guys recently made a page for Ken, i found out it's just that no one knows much about the verse, rather than not caring about it. So let's change that.

As you can see in the transcript of the episode, Davina made an earthquake that shook the city New Orleans and was about to destroy it, so they had to sacrifice her in order to save the city.

Now Davina has that kind of power because she has the power of 3 other witches inside her wich makes Davina and all people scaling above the power of 4 witches, atleast city level. Including The Originals who can tank the destruction of the city.

Klaus has also tanked her power on screen. As you can see in the video, while all of her power is focused on Klaus(Klaus is holding the boy so he flew with him for a second but the moment Klaus lets go of him, the boy falls on the ground while Klaus is still flying backwards), her attack is so powerful that not only affects the place but pushes back Davina herself and makes her unconscious wich shows she reached to her limits and used all of her power to hurt Klaus and save the boy she loves, while all it did to Klaus was throwing him back and he was completely fine after that.

Moving on to one of the most powerful witches of the verse, Dahlia. She made a hurricane so powerful, that it made it impossible for a pack of evolved werewolves and their Queen, a Hybrid, to leave the city and run from her. They had to stay. It rained for DAYS and would have flooded the city

And Originals will scale to that, as both Mikael and Klaus were able to resist her magic while she tries kill/extremely hurt them(as you can see their bodies turning grey and desiccated, wich happens when an Original is temporarily or permanently dying) And Mikael actually manage to attack her while his body is still desiccated under her magic. A few moments after his attack, he has fully recovered and is not looking grey anymore. Also Originals are constantly trading blows with each other, meaning their strength scales to their durability.

A lot of things need to change i guess...

Edit:
The calculation for Davina's feat. Large town to small city level.

The calculation for Dahlia's feat. City level.

Credit for calculations goes to @Drite77

Last edited:
you can put these in the calculation request thread
Why?
The first part of the thread about Davina and Klaus had nothing to do with numbers. She was shown and stated to be city level and Klaus tanked her magic.

The second part is about Dahlia creating a hurricane that covered the city New Orleans and i put a source to show the force of a hurricane. Everything is clear, I just didn't know what tier starts at that kind of force because i'm not familiar with your tiering system.

What in this thread needs to be calculated?

Last edited:
Everything because we need to make sure the feats can be accurately translated into the tiers, which you said you are unfamiliar with.

We CAN calculate the energy of the earthquake threatening new orleans.

And just because hurricane can expand like that doesn't mean they automatically will, it depends on many factors, idk if that one needs calculating per say but we need to actually analyze the strength of the hurricane, not rely purely on averages or maximuns, we have pages for calculating those feats after all.

Also all of this sounds like enviromental destruction, unless there is a universal energy system or something

Everything because we need to make sure the feats can be accurately translated into the tiers, which you said you are unfamiliar with.

We CAN calculate the energy of the earthquake threatening new orleans.

And just because hurricane can expand like that doesn't mean they automatically will, it depends on many factors, idk if that one needs calculating per say but we need to actually analyze the strength of the hurricane, not rely purely on averages or maximuns, we have pages for calculating those feats after all.

Also all of this sounds like enviromental destruction, unless there is a universal energy system or something
New Orleans is a city, when a character is stated to be able to destroy that city, we don't consider them city level here?

I took a look on attack potency page of the wiki, and find this link wich explaines destroying an actual city means they are city level.

we dont just have tiers we have specific numbers, the earthquake with probably end up being city level but we need to get the specific amount of megatons, same for the hurricane

New Orleans is a city, when a character is stated to be able to destroy that city, we don't consider them city level here?

I took a look on attack potency page of the wiki, and find this link wich explaines destroying an actual city means they are city level.
yes, but not every city is equal, and a earthquake destroying a city is different than a explosion for instace

as wyatt said, this is needed to find the exact power of the feats

also, idk if we take that link info like 1:1, at least every word, because destroying a mountain is not mountain level at minimun, it is small city level, and mountain level is higher than city level here

yeah its a little weird but shattering a mountain into distinguishable pieces is only like, 1 megaton, which is barely small city level

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Potency

also the star they use there is the smallest one, while we use our sun, plus they seem to stop using "small" and "large" from town level upwards

seriously why do we link that anyway?

yes, but not every city is equal, and a earthquake destroying a city is different than a explosion for instace

as wyatt said, this is needed to find the exact power of the feats

also, idk if we take that link info like 1:1, at least every word, because destroying a mountain is not mountain level at minimun, it is small city level, and mountain level is higher than city level here
I requested calculation for the feats. Thank you.

Thanks to @Drite77, i added the calculations of the feats to the post, wich makes Dahlia and The Originals city level, while puts Davina at Large town to small city level.

What now?

Now Davina has that kind of power because she has the power of 3 other witches inside her wich makes Davina and all people scaling above the power of 4 witches, atleast city level. Including The Originals who can tank the destruction of the city.
I'm not sure the people scaling above the power of four witches part is accurate, since yes they were four witches, but those four witches were chosen specifically for the harvest, said ceremony powers the connection between the witches and their ancestors for 300 years, and every other time we've seen a witch with multiple people's powers we've never seen them able to perform the feats like the raw harvest magic allowed, even bonnie Bennett who had expression literally died bringing Jeremy back to life and then needed the power of one hundred to bring him back the next time, yet celeste with just the power of the harvest ceremony was able to bring back three people.

Klaus has also tanked her power on screen. As you can see in the video, while all of her power is focused on Klaus(Klaus is holding the boy so he flew with him for a second but the moment Klaus lets go of him, the boy falls on the ground while Klaus is still flying backwards), her attack is so powerful that not only affects the place but pushes back Davina herself and makes her unconscious wich shows she reached to her limits and used all of her power to hurt Klaus and save the boy she loves, while all it did to Klaus was throwing him back and he was completely fine after that
I disagree with this as well, the city destroying feat isn't something Davina can put into an attack, its uncontrollable environmental damage that the harvest ritual causes because the ritual was not complete, yes technically its because of the power she contains but its not something she can actively use in battle afaik, Davina never truly even got full control of the harvest's powers and most of the scenes were we see her lose control before the 4 elements scenes (where she was dying from the power in her) is shown to be little quakes and burst of power iirc

They would only survive the destruction because they are immortal, and would regenerate after said destruction happened

Also I don't agree with the Dahlia Part, the storm happened after she casted a spell around the city, yes, but I don't see how that scales to fighting ability, and even if it did, Witches usually use durability ignoring abilities on vampires like targeting their blood vessels and pain inflicting their heads, and when they do use raw magic its never city destroying burst of energy at least not in the originals or tvd i believe

Last edited:
Also I don't agree with the Dahlia Part, the storm happened after she casted a spell around the city, yes, but I don't see how that scales to fighting ability, and even if it did, Witches usually use durability ignoring abilities on vampires like targeting their blood vessels and pain inflicting their heads, and when they do use raw magic its never city destroying burst of energy at least not in the originals or tvd i believe
Yeah, from the look of it those feats are high level but are all environmental destruction feats that don't scale to AP.

I'm not sure the people scaling above the power of four witches part is accurate, since yes they were four witches, but those four witches were chosen specifically for the harvest, said ceremony powers the connection between the witches and their ancestors for 300 years
It was never said that harvest witches are more powerful than other witches, or that being choosen for the harvest has to do anything with being powerful. And it is definitely not the case, since the harvest witches were choosen from teenagers who can bearly do any magic. There are definitely more powerful witches in town than than those teenagers, and we have seen them in the show.
bonnie Bennett who had expression literally died bringing Jeremy back to life and then needed the power of one hundred to bring him back the next time, yet celeste with just the power of the harvest ceremony was able to bring back three people.
First thing to know is that ressurrecting someone is a superntural feat, and a top tier one in TVDU. You can't say if the power to destroy a city is enough to bring someone back or not. It may needs a lot more. So i don't know how is that related here.
Second, Bonnie dying while resurrecting Jeremy had nothing to do with not being powerful enough to do it. She died because she channeled too much power. As you can see here, a witch can channel only so much power before it kills them. Bonnie used enough power to bring Jeremy back, but her body couldn't handle that amount of power so she died. That was a matter of durabilty, not power.
I disagree with this as well, the city destroying feat isn't something Davina can put into an attack, its uncontrollable environmental damage that the harvest ritual causes because the ritual was not complete, yes technically its because of the power she contains but its not something she can actively use in battle
It was stated 2 times that(1 and 2)Davina did what she did because of the lost of her boyfriend and the anger she had for that wich shows while she dosen't have casual contrel over her full power, she can reach to that level and she did when Klaus killed her boyfriend, same boyfriend that in the feat that i posted(Klaus tanking Davina's magic)Klaus was about to kill, and she tried to save. If she reached to her city level power because of the anger after the DEATH of her boyfriend, she definitely reached to that when she was trying to SAVE that boyfriend. This, and the fact that she passed out while doing that attack(wich happens when a witch is reaching to her limits), shows that she used all of her power(wich is around city level)when she attacked Klaus
They would only survive the destruction because they are immortal, and would regenerate after said destruction happened
This was never stated in the shows. As far as TVD lore goes, an Original can't have their body parts removed and even if it was possible, the destruction of a city would have turned them into ashes, they have no feat that shows they can regenerate from that, but it was stated that they will survive the destruction. So the only way for that to happen is tanking the destruction.
A storm will create so much energy, and since Dahlia created that storm, that energy comes from her. Meaning she can create and use that kind of energy.
Dahlia is not using pain inflicting or any kind of spell here. You don't see her casting a spell. She is just using her raw power to shout them down, their body is begin to die(an Original only turns grey when they are dying), wich they fought off and Mikael overcame her magic.

Meaning she can create and use that kind of energy.
You'd have to prove she was putting the same level of energy into both attacks. Considering one is a long term ritual and the other isn't, that's hard to justify even if it was a unified power system. Which it doesn't look like it is.
they have no feat that shows they can regenerate from that
One of them lived through a flamethrower constantly burning them and an Earthquake is not known for large amounts of heat.

You'd have to prove she was putting the same level of energy into both attacks. Considering one is a long term ritual and the other isn't, that's hard to justify even if it was a unified power system. Which it doesn't look like it is.
I'm doing that now, by proving that the Originals would have survived that decturction because of their durability, not regan. Wich shows Dahlia had to use more power than that do shout them down.
One of them lived through a flamethrower constantly burning them and an Earthquake is not known for large amounts of heat.
This is the feat you are speaking of. Elijah didn't regenerate after burning, he didn't burn at all. The Originals have fire resistance. You can see that only his suit burns. Fire can't catch his body.
Also i didn't mean actual ash, i meant it would have destroyed their body(if it was possible) in a way that they never healed from and they don't have any regen feat in that level. So, in order to survive that desturction, they have to tank it.

Last edited:
So, in order to survive that desturction, they have to tank it.
Not really. The city is being destroyed by an earthquake, not some focused punch or meteor strike. The most they have to do is survive or regenerate from collapsing buildings and what not.

Dahlia had to use more power than that do shout them down.
You would need to prove what she used there required more energy than a planned over time ritual. Which you haven't done.

Second, Bonnie dying while resurrecting Jeremy had nothing to do with not being powerful enough to do it. She died because she channeled too much power. As you can see here, a witch can channel only so much power before it kills them. Bonnie used enough power to bring Jeremy back, but her body couldn't handle that amount of power so she died. That was a matter of durabilty, not power.
Even ignoring this point though, notice how Bonnie still channeled 100 witches to bring back Jeremy the second time, while Celeste was able to do that with just 4 harvest girls magic?

It was never said that harvest witches are more powerful than other witches, or that being choosen for the harvest has to do anything with being powerful. And it is definitely not the case, since the harvest witches were choosen from teenagers who can bearly do any magic. There are definitely more powerful witches in town than than those teenagers, and we have seen them in the show.
If the normal harvest was as simple as picking four random girls for the sacrifice, they wouldn’t go through an entire ceremony to pick which ones to be harvested if it was that simple, not to mention we know that witches that ar young and have untapped magic are the purest in terms of magic based on what was said about Eva Sinclair’s picks for the rites of the nine, which is why they are the best for sacrificial magic, which the harvest is.
It was stated 2 times that(1 and 2)Davina did what she did because of the lost of her boyfriend and the anger she had for that wich shows while she dosen't have casual contrel over her full power, she can reach to that level and she did when Klaus killed her boyfriend, same boyfriend that in the feat that i posted(Klaus tanking Davina's magic)Klaus was about to kill, and she tried to save. If she reached to her city level power because of the anger after the DEATH of her boyfriend, she definitely reached to that when she was trying to SAVE that boyfriend. This, and the fact that she passed out while doing that attack(wich happens when a witch is reaching to her limits), shows that she used all of her power(wich is around city level)when she attacked Klaus
Seeing as Klaus has been incapacitated by attacks far below city level and we know for a fact that the way Davina would destroy the city is via environmental destruction, I struggle to believe that the force he faced when she fought him was city levels in energy.
Dahlia is not using pain inflicting or any kind of spell here. You don't see her casting a spell. She is just using her raw power to shout them down, their body is begin to die(an Original only turns grey when they are dying), wich they fought off and Mikael overcame her magic.
She’s attacking their blood vessels and their insides, which is why they are bleeding from their insides, which is why they are dessicating, multiple witches have done this in the show.
This was never stated in the shows. As far as TVD lore goes, an Original can't have their body parts removed and even if it was possible,
Rebekah actually mentions that if an original were to lose a heart it would grow back so it is possible for them to lose body parts, they just come back

Not really. The city is being destroyed by an earthquake, not some focused punch or meteor strike. The most they have to do is survive or regenerate from collapsing buildings and what not.
You forgot that this is a city of Vampires, Werewolves and Witches. Even a regular vampire can survive or heal from collapsin buildings. Regular vampires are tough enough to punch through cave rock AT THEIR WEAKEST, and they will heal from any physical damage as long as their body is not being completely destroyed and their head/heart is on it's plce. Yet, Originals were stated to be the only ones surviving the distruction, because it's not just about collapsing buildings. As shown in the episode and mentioned by Klaus in one of the screen shots i posted before, the city is being destroyed by 4 elements. Earthquake represents Earth, hurricane, lightings, flood and such will represent Air and Water while explosions and flames represents Fire. This chaos will tear apart anyone, wich Original have no feat of regenerating from so unless they can tank it, they wouldn't survived it.
You would need to prove what she used there required more energy than a planned over time ritual. Which you haven't done.
In this verse, usuing rituals does not mean that spell needed more magic to be preformed without a ritual or something. Some of the most powerful witches of the verse, have used rituals to locate someone using their blood, a map, spells etc while Bonnie, after only few weeks of being a witch, claimed she can locate someone by just touching an boject that belongs to them. There ary many types of magic in this verse, some of them needs a ritual for something and some of the does not. Same Bonnie, for example, made a storm using her raw power without any ritual, and Dahlia is way above Bonnie.
Also let me know if you needed the feat or statement for anything that i said.

Earthquake represents Earth, hurricane, lightings, flood and such will represent Air and Water while explosions and flames represents Fire.
Key point for all of those things
  • Earthquakes are not focused attacks
  • Hurricanes are not focused attacks
  • A flood is not a focused attack
  • Lightning is focused, but its also survivable to normal people under correct conditions
You're confusing environmental destruction and attack power. Causing a 7-B storm with prep and other people does not mean you have 7-B punches.
usuing rituals does not mean that spell needed more magic to be preformed without a ritual or something.
Rituals are prep items and are indicative that more effort must be put in place for the action to be preformed. If they didn't need those things, they could just conjure the spells on their own without any hangups. The fact they required other things for it to work means they can't scale to it 1:1.

You're confusing environmental destruction and attack power.
No. Right now, my goal about Davina's city desturction feat is not scaling it to her AP. Feel free to count it as just her destruction capability, wich Originals could have survived. Wich proves they have atleast small city level durability, and proves Dahlia's storm feat WILL scale to her AP, since she had to use more power than Davina to shout them down. And there is no way you think someone can stand in a city wich is being destroyed by different shapes of 4 elements of nature(flood, earthquake, lighting, explosions etc) AT THE SAME TIME, without being torn apart. Wich we know is not the case here, since as i said, it is the city of vampires. If all of these couldn't tear apart someone, it means it also couldn't kill vampires since they can heal from any physical damage as long as their body parts are not being destroyed and because it was stated that ONLY Originals will survive it, it means the desturction was powerful enough to tear apart vampires and since Original's haven't shown regan to that level, the only way for them to survive it unlike other vampires, is to tank it. To not being torn apart. It's really simple.
Rituals are prep items and are indicative that more effort must be put in place for the action to be preformed.
Not in this verse as i explained and gave example. But i'm gonna give a more related example here. Dahlia's feat was making a storm so powerful that it would have flooded the city. As you can see here, Klaus states that every inch of earth that shook(the city) will soon be drenched in water. Meaning Davina was also about to flood the city, but she did it with raw power while Dahlia used a ritual. Dahlia scales far far above Davina. As i said, different types of magic works differently.

wich Originals could have survived. Wich proves they have atleast small city level durability
Nothing about what she generated would fully scale to a vampire surviving it. An earthquake isn't a focused attack. Surviving or dying to one does not mean you scale to the full Richter Magnitude. Same with any storm or any flood.
there is no way you think someone can stand in a city wich is being destroyed by different shapes of 4 elements of nature(flood, earthquake, lighting, explosions etc) AT THE SAME TIME, without being torn apart.
Let me introduce you to a concept here: Surface Area

A human's surface area is about 1.6 to 1.9 m^2. The typical hurricane is 300 miles wide, a flood is multiple miles wide and an Earthquake is dozens of miles wide.

Its literally not possible for a human sized person to fully scale to any of those things in this situation. A hurricane isn't a bullet, it is a massive windstorm larger than some countries. An earthquake isn't a punch, its the ground sliding against itself over a very large range.
unlike other vampires, is to tank it.
Surviving those things wouldn't require Tier 7 durability. In fact just being 9-A to 8-C would allow them to survive basically the Earth can throw at them other than a close ranged volcanic explosion.
Meaning Davina was also about to flood the city, but she did it with raw power while Dahlia used a ritual.
Davina did so after absorbing all the other Harvest witches, which is noted here
It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries, so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing.
That they're channeling ancient witch magic during the ritual. Its not a UES feat and wouldn't scale to anyone's physicals.

Ok how come davina the 3rd strongest witch in tvdu doesn't have a profile? Am planning to create her profile so how do i start?

Back