• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major downgrade of Torikoverse

That's not true at all. Neo is not at the top of the food chain. It had also been killed by many creatures. How will it get to the top?

I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or just don't understand the series, but that version of Neo isn't the version of Neo, Acacia was talking about. That version of Neo is the scrawny one that wasn't Acacia's Food Spirit, Acacia makes the statement of him being the apex of the food chain after he achieves his true form.

The statement was made at Chapter 390, Neo acquires his true form at Chapter 380.

Yes, that's Jirou, a character who can impact the entire world.
1. There are better works than this, but when it comes to power scaling, it should start from something measurable and calculable, not just based on it Just superior.
2. The surface destruction isn't as large as the real world. According to calculations, it's only 6C in intensity.
3. Are you joking? Please explain, I don't understand.
1: Have you actually read Toriko? anyone who has would know Acaica has shown way superior feats to Gunniess
2: considering the size of the Toriko planet compared to Earth and the gourmet spank size shown the calc I would say it's earth size what size would you say it is?
3: I'll quote what I told your friend "Energy and mass are the same thing asking for scans for his gourmet energy attacks having mass would be the same thing as asking "Does the sun have mass?" even though it's made of pure energy."

Don Slime, I think I've already explained that it is the only character that can destroy the world. Its attack has been confirmed that Neo cannot withstand it. No matter how weak Don Slime is, it cannot be compared. It is a unique attack.
Yeah a weaker NEO in the past died to supernovas so Don thought he might die to it again but it's already shown he survived after eating it even the narrator said he withstood it btw you probably don't know but Derous Laser is>that mini supernova since NEO couldn't even eat that only Neo Aciaca could eat that laser.

I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or just don't understand the series, but that version of Neo isn't the version of Neo, Acacia was talking about. That version of Neo is the scrawny one that wasn't Acacia's Food Spirit, Acacia makes the statement of him being the apex of the food chain after he achieves his true form.

The statement was made at Chapter 390, Neo acquires his true form at Chapter 380.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to scale Torikoverse he thinks all gourmet energy attacks in the verse aren't AP due to some nonsense he said about them having no mass (Goodbye 99% of feats in fiction lol) at this point he's either a troll or he's downplaying on purpose.

It does because Neo's consumption requires him to be relative enough with the object he is consuming without causing himself harm, which was one of the reasons why he couldn't devour Derous's attack, because it produced vastly more energy compared to what he could consumed in that instance.

It's even further supported by the fact that when Neo Acacia was consuming everything, he started to balloon up as he body was having a hard time containing all that energy.
Where does it say that you have to touch it before you can eat it? The reason it can't consume light beams is simply that the beams are faster than Neo's eating speed. As for its swelling, it's because its consumption has reached its limit. It's just that his body can't handle any more energy absorption.
Because by nature of Neo being at the top, he'll be above the Cosmos Mammoths. If you assume that they're above Neo, it would contradict the statement, structurally.

The statement doesn't only talk about Neo's consumption, it deals with Neo, the entity, itself. Neo is also physically strong enough to completely doodoo on the Eight Kings. Because of this, we don't assume the statement is only talking about his consumption, but also accounts for his other attributes as well.
Neo is at the top of the food chain, but that doesn't mean the cosmic mammoth is lower, higher, or equal to it. Thinking it's lower would be jumping to conclusions. We need more data than just this
I never said that didn't involve other factors. What I did say is that one of the main reasons why Neo couldn't devour Derous's attack was because of the amount of force it produced, being above Neo's ability to consume it. You're selectively reading that statement.

It has nothing to with its size, it has to do with its destructive force (I.E, the energy it produces, which is distinct from its area of effect)
I understand, but don't forget that the reason it can't eat, as Joe said, is related to speed. We can't judge solely on power.

That's not enough. Destruction has many calculable methods. If not specified, it should be the lowest power value needed to destroy that star, or at least mark it as higher.
Firstly, the initial slap was significantly smaller compared to Neo Acaica's Gourmet Grasp, so they can't be compared to the destructive ability, on the environment.
It should be comparable because that attack is Acacia's strongest, divided between newly evolved Acacia and Acacia who has absorbed everyone's luck. The sizes are different, so it should be comparable.

And the giant punch can't be compared to destroying a world because we don't know if it can actually do that. If we assume it can, how would it do it? Exploding the entire star? Probably not. So, it goes back to the lowest power value needed to destroy that star, not just saying it's High 4-C
Secondly, the next image, you conveniently left out the following images that shows some of the Gourmet Punches are larger than the actual planet itself, and the one you selectively used was one of the attacks that was smaller compared to the planet. It's also important to note that attack occurred while the planet was reaching the final stages of being filled with so much Gourmet Energy that it contained and will release a superior amount of energy compared to a supernova, which was calculated to about 4-B by @Arc7Kuroi. That doesn't contradict what is claimed, but rather supports what I'm, and many others have said. Teppi, with the help of Jiro, stopped the collapse of the planet beyond its GBE.
A Gourmet Punch larger than Earth doesn't mean it can destroy Earth. There's no indication it can do that. And using the giant punch is because it has a tangible impact on the world, not just inferred from its size. That should be the basis of the punch.

An attack that makes the Earth explode doesn't mean the power of both attacks is equal to an explosion. And stopping the Earth from exploding isn't an attack or durability feat either.
I however don't agree this interpretation is anyway better compared to what I argued. Until evidence is shown of either being more likely the case, both claims will be assumed equally possible.
Your explanation is invalid. Attacking the Earth's core to make it explode doesn't mean she has the power to destroy the Earth. It's like pulling a grenade pin; it doesn't mean you have the power of the explosion.

It's interesting you say this since Neo does devour an entire supernova in that fight, and has in the past as stated by Don Slime. This is further supported by PAIR commenting on Neo devouring the entire Blue Universe (his homeworld), including entire galaxies.

Which is why when Neo Acacia was killed, the amount of energy stored in his body is enough to produce an infinite number of galaxies.
Because Neo's eating is a different dimension, it can store what it consumes. It doesn't mean what it eats turns into durability (I know you didn't mention this, but this is for anyone reading. I know some misunderstand this).

I understand, but there is no achievement that can confirm Neo can withstand that level of attack.

1: Have you actually read Toriko? anyone who has would know Acaica has shown way superior feats to Gunniess
Of course, I read it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t downgrade it. And being superior doesn't mean it can't be compared to something weaker if Acacia doesn't show better feats.
2: considering the size of the Toriko planet compared to Earth and the gourmet spank size shown the calc I would say it's earth size what size would you say it is?
Comparing the size like this to determine if it can destroy the Earth is incorrect because it can only destroy the surface of a planet. It doesn't destroy the inner layers of the planet. It doesn't mean it can destroy the Earth with just that punch size. It might be able to destroy the entire Earth's surface in one attack, but it cannot blow up the Earth. If you are going to argue this way, you should use calculations.
3: I'll quote what I told your friend "Energy and mass are the same thing asking for scans for his gourmet energy attacks having mass would be the same thing as asking "Does the sun have mass?" even though it's made of pure energy."
Energy and mass are the same thing, but you can't use this argument. If you say that a Gourmet's energy can only make a dent in the Earth but not destroy it, its mass is too small to cause such damage. It's not enough to destroy our planet. If you use this reasoning to argue, as mentioned above, you should use calculations to argue to get precise figures in the discussion.
Yeah a weaker NEO in the past died to supernovas so Don thought he might die to it again but it's already shown he survived after eating it even the narrator said he withstood it btw you probably don't know but Derous Laser is>that mini supernova since NEO couldn't even eat that only Neo Aciaca could eat that laser.
From this explanatory context, it seems like a general explanation of this matter. It is just a beautiful comparison. Corrosion is not the same attack principle as a supernova because it gradually decays, not explodes all at once. It can't be compared when considering other factors. Saying Neo eats something and it goes to another dimension, this reason can't be used.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to scale Torikoverse he thinks all gourmet energy attacks in the verse aren't AP due to some nonsense he said about them having no mass (Goodbye 99% of feats in fiction lol) at this point he's either a troll or he's downplaying on purpose.
I'm not saying it's not AP.

I was planning on replying to @EmperorofNeat3.1+9.21 comments, but I genuinely believe he's being dishonest in this debate with the amount of times he has misquoted or misinterpreted text.

I think everything important has been debated on and addressed by both sides, so there is enough information for evaluating staff to go through and get a general gist on what is being debated about.

I'll remain active in this thread, but I don't feel like continuing this debate for any longer.

Neo is at the top of the food chain, but that doesn't mean the cosmic mammoth is lower, higher, or equal to it. Thinking it's lower would be jumping to conclusions. We need more data than just this
This sentence is baffling. If A is at the start of the alphabet, then B through Z are after it. Just like that, if Neo is at the top of the universal food chain, then all other creatures in the universe are below it.

This is just how hierarchies work.

It does because Neo's consumption requires him to be relative enough with the object he is consuming without causing himself harm, which was one of the reasons why he couldn't devour Derous's attack, because it produced vastly more energy compared to what he could consumed in that instance.

It's even further supported by the fact that when Neo Acacia was consuming everything, he started to balloon up as he body was having a hard time containing all that energy.

Because by nature of Neo being at the top, he'll be above the Cosmos Mammoths. If you assume that they're above Neo, it would contradict the statement, structurally.

The statement doesn't only talk about Neo's consumption, it deals with Neo, the entity, itself. Neo is also physically strong enough to completely doodoo on the Eight Kings. Because of this, we don't assume the statement is only talking about his consumption, but also accounts for his other attributes as well.

I never said that didn't involve other factors. What I did say is that one of the main reasons why Neo couldn't devour Derous's attack was because of the amount of force it produced, being above Neo's ability to consume it. You're selectively reading that statement.

It has nothing to with its size, it has to do with its destructive force (I.E, the energy it produces, which is distinct from its area of effect)

Toriko stating he's in the process of destroying the world is enough information to assume he is until further evidence contradicting it is provided.

Firstly, the initial slap was significantly smaller compared to Neo Acaica's Gourmet Grasp, so they can't be compared to the destructive ability, on the environment.

Secondly, the next image, you conveniently left out the following images that shows some of the Gourmet Punches are larger than the actual planet itself, and the one you selectively used was one of the attacks that was smaller compared to the planet. It's also important to note that attack occurred while the planet was reaching the final stages of being filled with so much Gourmet Energy that it contained and will release a superior amount of energy compared to a supernova, which was calculated to about 4-B by @Arc7Kuroi. That doesn't contradict what is claimed, but rather supports what I'm, and many others have said. Teppi, with the help of Jiro, stopped the collapse of the planet beyond its GBE.

I don't really care to address this point since this argument was merely further support to the idea of these characters being around that level, so I'm fine with dropping it.

I however don't agree this interpretation is anyway better compared to what I argued. Until evidence is shown of either being more likely the case, both claims will be assumed equally possible.
Not that i disagree but what about Neo cant survive Don Slime attack??does this count as Outlier or its having a context behind it??

Not that i disagree but what about Neo cant survive Don Slime attack??does this count as Outlier or its having a context behind it??
Could you rephrase this question? I believe the translation software you're using kinda butchered the question you're trying to ask me.

About Don Slime claim that his Supernova ball could kill Neo
That wouldn't be an outlier or anything that could give contradiction to Neo's scaling. In that fight, Neo explicitly shows us that Don Slime was incorrect in his assumption that his Supernova could kill Neo, through Neo devouring said Supernova and leaving Don Slime in a stunned state.

Back