• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major downgrade of Torikoverse

Toriko Verse's profile is too outdated to be referenced, as it contains too many errors. I think the profile should be revised for accuracy.

I believe the Tier High 4-C of Toriko Verse is incorrect and should be downgraded.

There are four main reasons for the downgrade

Reason 1: Don Slime stated that Neo consumed countless stars, and Pair confirmed that Neo ate an astronomical number of stars from the Blue Universe.

- This is merely consuming living beings and their environments. After Neo consumes all the living beings and environments, it leaves only the rocky planets behind.

Reason 2: Neo is at the top of the universal food chain, and therefore, Neo should be stronger than the Cosmos Mammoth.

- It shouldn't be that way because, quite simply, we don't know where the Cosmos Mammoth stands in the universal food chain. There is too little information to make a comparison.

Reason 3: Neo's consumption is classified as Sealing and BFR. Everything Neo consumes is trapped in his stomach, which is another dimension. Everything Neo eats will be released after fighting Toriko.

- This means that Neo swallowing an energy mass that could destroy the world is invalid. When he swallows the energy mass, it goes into another dimension immediately, so his body does not suffer the effects of the explosion's damage.

Reason 4: Joa mentioned that Acacia's disciples could destroy the world.

- This should not be used for comparison because we don't know how they would destroy the world. Everyone uses entirely different skills. Jirou, who can use Knocking to stop the world, also leaves uncertainty as to how effective and long-lasting it is in terms of world destruction. Midora, who can push Acacia's God's Grasp, which was meant to destroy the world, also lacks clear evidence that it could indeed destroy the world. It might only damage the surface. There's no indication of actual world-destroying capability. Ichiryu will not be mentioned due to the lack of significant wide-range attacks. The world's destruction should not be compared with Don Slime, who clearly stated how to destroy the world, whereas other characters were only mentioned briefly.

Therefore, I think we should downgrade it to LOW 5-B, based on the King Wolf Guinness stomping on Acacia and causing a worldwide earthquake.

Characters that should be downgraded this time

Four Heavenly : Toriko Sunny Zebra Coco

Acacia's Disciples : Midora Jirou Lchiryu

Bishokukai : Starjun

8Kings : Deer King, Dragon King, Horse King, Whale King, Snake King, Monkey King, Crow King, Wolf King.

other : Acacia Neo Joa Setsuno Brunch Pair

Disagree for reasons below

spongebob-fish.gif

I don't disagree with them being downgraded from High-4C but they are definitely not low 5-B especially since that stomp was just a causal one he even did it against a NEO Spore long before that (Mind you Sealed Jirou grand-knocking did nothing against it and that can stop the rotation of the Toriko planet for a moment) A lot of the top-tier Toriko characters have always been far beyond small planetary (Acaica casual punches are already small planetary before he even eats NEO).

Them being 5-A - Low 4-C is something I would agree with.

I don't disagree with them being downgraded from High-4C but they are definitely not low 5-B especially since that stomp was just a causal one he even did it against a NEO Spore long before that (Mind you Sealed Jirou grand-knocking did nothing against it and that can stop the rotation of the Toriko planet for a moment) A lot of the top-tier Toriko characters have always been far beyond small planetary (Acaica casual punches are already small planetary before he even eats NEO).

Them being 5-A - Low 4-C is something I would agree with.
It seems that you don't truly understand the scale of power. Saying that Jirou can stop the Earth's rotation does not automatically qualify his power to be ranked as 5-A (but for various reasons, I haven't posted the calculations of Jirou stopping the earthquake on the user blog yet)

You cannot compare other characters by using Acacia's power to destroy small planets. Acacia's attack, which uses his luck energy to hit the planet's surface, is not powerful enough to cause significant damage to Earth. It only creates a deep hole, which does not qualify as small planet-level destruction. The giant hands should not be scaled as attack power because they no mass and are merely energy forms of luck.

I think the reason you are arguing is invalid. 5-A might be high 4-C, so it's not truly an accomplishment.

Toriko Verse's profile is too outdated to be referenced, as it contains too many errors. I think the profile should be revised for accuracy.

I believe the Tier High 4-C of Toriko Verse is incorrect and should be downgraded.

There are four main reasons for the downgrade

Reason 1: Don Slime stated that Neo consumed countless stars, and Pair confirmed that Neo ate an astronomical number of stars from the Blue Universe.

- This is merely consuming living beings and their environments. After Neo consumes all the living beings and environments, it leaves only the rocky planets behind.
So I know little about Toriko however I feel like this isn't a particularly strong point you're making here. Especially because the scan you're referencing here is from a chapter where Neo proceeds to eat a supernova. The planets that Neo has consumed are completely unrelated to the stars that Neo has eaten or that Neo is about to eat.
Reason 2: Neo is at the top of the universal food chain, and therefore, Neo should be stronger than the Cosmos Mammoth.

- It shouldn't be that way because, quite simply, we don't know where the Cosmos Mammoth stands in the universal food chain. There is too little information to make a comparison.
As supporting evidence this should be fine because the Cosmos mammoth would be included in the universal food chain as part of the universe. You don't need to know too much more, plus going with accordance of Neo literally eating a supernova that makes this solid support.
Reason 3: Neo's consumption is classified as Sealing and BFR. Everything Neo consumes is trapped in his stomach, which is another dimension. Everything Neo eats will be released after fighting Toriko.

- This means that Neo swallowing an energy mass that could destroy the world is invalid. When he swallows the energy mass, it goes into another dimension immediately, so his body does not suffer the effects of the explosion's damage.
Here this is a bit unclear. Is Neo's Stomach a dimension he keeps inside of him or just a dimension his stomach is linked to? Only if its the latter could this support his Tier 4 status as being unvalid.
Reason 4: Joa mentioned that Acacia's disciples could destroy the world.

- This should not be used for comparison because we don't know how they would destroy the world. Everyone uses entirely different skills. Jirou, who can use Knocking to stop the world, also leaves uncertainty as to how effective and long-lasting it is in terms of world destruction. Midora, who can push Acacia's God's Grasp, which was meant to destroy the world, also lacks clear evidence that it could indeed destroy the world. It might only damage the surface. There's no indication of actual world-destroying capability. Ichiryu will not be mentioned due to the lack of significant wide-range attacks. The world's destruction should not be compared with Don Slime, who clearly stated how to destroy the world, whereas other characters were only mentioned briefly.
This is a bit strange here as well. While Knocking is fair, the scan you provided for Acacia's feat and the statements giving around Acacia's God Grasp clearly point towards the world being physically crushed. That's more than enough evidence for this feat to be valid. And that's also more than enough evidence to support Midora being on tier for pushing it away.

While I do agree the profiles have some problems, as it isn't clear to what values they're scaling to exactly your downgrade isn't convincing enough for me to agree with the tier you're attempting to drop it to nor is it enough for me to consider the star and planet (relative, because Toriko's earth is bigger whatever) feats invalid.

I disagree

This doesn't contradict what Don Slime said. It can, and is the case that Neo did devour multiple planets and people, but Neo also devoured several supernovas as directly stated by Don Slime, who is a knowledgeable character about Neo and his past.

We don't need an exact standing for the Cosmos Mammoth as Acacia statement is about the food chain universally, which by its nature being universally inclusive, would include the Cosmos Mammoth until proven otherwise.

This is just forgetting important context about Neo's consumption. While it's true that when Neo consumes something, it's transferred to a separate dimension. Neo still needs to be able to physically contain this energy, as attacks which are vastly above himself cannot be consumed by him, like Derous's Extra-Dimensional Laser.

This is the only claim that holds any bearing in my opinion, but I still disagree with it.

The statement implies the destruction of the entire world, not just its surface, by Joie specifically stating that Acacia's Disciples can destroy the entire planet. For us to assume it would just be talking about its surface requires us to introduce context that isn't implied by the text. It's also not supported by feats of similarly strong characters. Acacia himself is clearly capable of destroying the entire planet with his gourmet hands, as he was in the process of crushing it. Midora counteracts this with his own, demonstrating his attack produced a similar amount of force to overcome it.

Hercules is also heavily implied capable of destroying the planet by targeting its core, with it being stated that we can have "a sigh of relief that the direction it was fired in was not down" - which would only be important to note if further destruction would be caused compared to what Hercules caused with her attack, and the only logical explanation of this is that downwards would be where the core of the planet is located at.

There are other feats, but I believe these two, alongside my explanation of the statement, is enough to support the idea that Acacia's Disciples aren't just destroying the planet's surface or causing a domino effect that requires massively lesser energy needed to overcome its GBE, but are rather capable of destroying it entirely.

So I know little about Toriko however I feel like this isn't a particularly strong point you're making here. Especially because the scan you're referencing here is from a chapter where Neo proceeds to eat a supernova. The planets that Neo has consumed are completely unrelated to the stars that Neo has eaten or that Neo is about to eat.

As supporting evidence this should be fine because the Cosmos mammoth would be included in the universal food chain as part of the universe. You don't need to know too much more, plus going with accordance of Neo literally eating a supernova that makes this solid support.

Here this is a bit unclear. Is Neo's Stomach a dimension he keeps inside of him or just a dimension his stomach is linked to? Only if its the latter could this support his Tier 4 status as being unvalid.

This is a bit strange here as well. While Knocking is fair, the scan you provided for Acacia's feat and the statements giving around Acacia's God Grasp clearly point towards the world being physically crushed. That's more than enough evidence for this feat to be valid. And that's also more than enough evidence to support Midora being on tier for pushing it away.

While I do agree the profiles have some problems, as it isn't clear to what values they're scaling to exactly your downgrade isn't convincing enough for me to agree with the tier you're attempting to drop it to nor is it enough for me to consider the star and planet (relative, because Toriko's earth is bigger whatever) feats invalid.

I disagree
Explain 1 Consuming countless stars, of course, is unrelated, but I have to include this reason because Neo's profile includes reasons. So, I thought I should add it as a reason too.

Neo indeed consumes supernovae, but Neo consumption involves BFR and Sealing. Therefore, Neo doesn't use durability in its consumption.

Explain 2 I understand that cosmic mammoths are part of the food chain, but there's no evidence of their exact ranking. They might be below Neo, at the same level, or even higher. According to the description, Neo is said to be killed by multiple living beings. So, I think it's incorrect to assume that since cosmic mammoths are in the food chain, Neo must be above them.

And consuming a supernova is a BFR and Sealing ability, meaning Neo doesn't rely on durability for consumption.

Explain 3 It seems you misunderstood the point. Regardless of whether the dimension is inside or outside the body, it doesn't affect Neo's physical form because it's a separate dimension. Considering past events, Neo has often been killed by supernova explosions, which means he shouldn't be able to withstand the power of a supernova.

Explain 4 I just saw this, and it's really a mistake. I made an error.

I agree that Midora managed to push it away, but that doesn't mean Acacia's God Grasp can destroy the Earth. It only creates a deep finger-shaped hole when it strikes the Earth. Even if it could destroy the Earth, there are further questions to consider: how does it destroy? How does it work? How can we be sure that this destruction would have enough energy to reach the High 4-C level? That's why I think the accomplishment should be measured only by what is shown, not by assuming it can destroy the Earth, as there is no confirmation.

Of course, we agree on this. The profile has many issues, and I can't wait to discuss and resolve these problems.

This doesn't contradict what Don Slime said. It can, and is the case that Neo did devour multiple planets and people, but Neo also devoured several supernovas as directly stated by Don Slime, who is a knowledgeable character about Neo and his past.
Eating a supernova is a BFR and Sealing ability only; it doesn't use the durability of the body for consumption.
We don't need an exact standing for the Cosmos Mammoth as Acacia statement is about the food chain universally, which by its nature being universally inclusive, would include the Cosmos Mammoth until proven otherwise.
Why don't we need a clear status? Since this might be above or below Neo, and importantly, the attack area of the cosmic mammoth and Neo's eating aren't compatible. The larger the damage area, the easier it is for the small-sized Neo to consume it. That's why I want to remove this explanation from the profile until it can be proven otherwise.
This is just forgetting important context about Neo's consumption. While it's true that when Neo consumes something, it's transferred to a separate dimension. Neo still needs to be able to physically contain this energy, as attacks which are vastly above himself cannot be consumed by him, like Derous's Extra-Dimensional Laser.
I think this argument isn't valid. The explanation is clear on its own. Absorption doesn't just involve attack power but also speed. It might be too fast for absorption. And with the large beam size moving at such high speed, it's impossible for Neo to absorb it in time.
The statement implies the destruction of the entire world, not just its surface, by Joie specifically stating that Acacia's Disciples can destroy the entire planet. For us to assume it would just be talking about its surface requires us to introduce context that isn't implied by the text. It's also not supported by feats of similarly strong characters. Acacia himself is clearly capable of destroying the entire planet with his gourmet hands, as he was in the process of crushing it. Midora counteracts this with his own, demonstrating his attack produced a similar amount of force to overcome it.
Is there any indication that it can destroy the world? If it can, how does it do it? If we're saying it can destroy the world, there should be clear evidence. There's nothing to indicate it can destroy the world. When Neo attacked the world, it was clear that it only damaged the surface.
Hercules is also heavily implied capable of destroying the planet by targeting its core, with it being stated that we can have "a sigh of relief that the direction it was fired in was not down" - which would only be important to note if further destruction would be caused compared to what Hercules caused with her attack, and the only logical explanation of this is that downwards would be where the core of the planet is located at.
Destroying the world by shooting at the core to cause destruction is not correct. It might be able to destroy it, but it won't be her power. It's just sending energy to cause a reaction at the core, making the world explode, but that doesn't mean her attack has the power to destroy the world.

It seems that you don't truly understand the scale of power. Saying that Jirou can stop the Earth's rotation does not automatically qualify his power to be ranked as 5-A (but for various reasons, I haven't posted the calculations of Jirou stopping the earthquake on the user blog yet)
I never said he's 5-A just because of that that's just one of his feats.
You cannot compare other characters by using Acacia's power to destroy small planets. Acacia's attack, which uses his luck energy to hit the planet's surface, is not powerful enough to cause significant damage to Earth. It only creates a deep hole, which does not qualify as small planet-level destruction. The giant hands should not be scaled as attack power because they no mass and are merely energy forms of luck.
1 - I didn't compare other characters to Aciaca hell out of everyone here he is the last person to be downgraded to small planet level
2 - I'm not referring to that feat (Besides if Gourmet Spank hit any of our small planets they would be destroyed since Toriko planet is half the size of Saturn and the entire thing about the planet is that absorb energy as well be it kinetic energy or otherwise) I'm talking about him one shotting Bambina in his sealed form and forcing him into his true form which not even enbu secret art can do (it does little damage in fact)
3 - Acacia energy constructs do scale to AP? and where are you getting them to have no mass?
I think the reason you are arguing is invalid. 5-A might be high 4-C, so it's not truly an accomplishment.
5-A is large planet level and High 4-C is large star level they are noway the same lmao.

To be honest I'm surprised someone can read the EOS Toriko fights and still cap them at small planet level I mean what are we going to call Toriko almost cutting the planet in half? Mars busting level?

I never said he's 5-A just because of that that's just one of his feats.
I might be misunderstanding, but it's still not actually to that extent.
1 - I didn't compare other characters to Aciaca hell out of everyone here he is the last person to be downgraded to small planet level
1. He will be the first character to be reduced because it seems everything started from him.
2 - I'm not referring to that feat (Besides if Gourmet Spank hit any of our small planets they would be destroyed since Toriko planet is half the size of Saturn and the entire thing about the planet is that absorb energy as well be it kinetic energy or otherwise) I'm talking about him one shotting Bambina in his sealed form and forcing him into his true form which not even enbu secret art can do (it does little damage in fact)
2. It's impossible to destroy the world just by considering the size of the star. It depends on the actual achievement. Acacia's Gourmet Spank only destroyed the surface of the star; it didn't even penetrate the Earth's in layer. Therefore, we can't generalize based on size alone.
3 - Acacia energy constructs do scale to AP? and where are you getting them to have no mass?
3. Where in the content does it say that it has mass?

I might be misunderstanding, but it's still not actually to that extent.

1. He will be the first character to be reduced because it seems everything started from him.

2. It's impossible to destroy the world just by considering the size of the star. It depends on the actual achievement. Acacia's Gourmet Spank only destroyed the surface of the star; it didn't even penetrate the Earth's in layer. Therefore, we can't generalize based on size alone.

3. Where in the content does it say that it has mass?
You are misunderstanding because that's a causal thing done by Jirou
1: So you going to downgrade Acaica who has far better feats than Guinness to a causal feat done by that wolf and cap him at that level?
2: So you think an attack that is far larger than earth and did massive damage to a planet's surface far bigger than earth won't bust IRL earth?
3: E=MC²

Why wouldn't it be there? From my calculation Or even Jirou stops the world's rotation. It's all at that level.
Bro you are trying to downgrade all the god and high tiers down to mall planet level because of causal feats done by one of high tier character and trying to make their best feats not scalable by not understanding basic science like Energy=Mass you seem to not understand how to scale the verse because even a weakened Don Slime at the end of his life can bust the toriko planet with his final attack and he's not even a god tier EOS.

1: So you going to downgrade Acaica who has far better feats than Guinness to a causal feat done by that wolf and cap him at that level?
Yes, we want to do that.
2: So you think an attack that is far larger than earth and did massive damage to a planet's surface far bigger than earth won't bust IRL earth?
I don't think that just being larger than Earth always means it can destroy Earth
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Yes, we want to do that.

I don't think that just being larger than Earth always means it can destroy Earth

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Why?
Bro if you think our earth would still exist after gourmet spank you must be dreaming it would be shattered
Energy and mass are the same thing asking for scans for his gourmet energy attacks having mass would be the same thing as asking "Does the sun have mass?" even though it's made of pure energy.

Yes, that's Jirou, a character who can impact the entire world.
1. There are better works than this, but when it comes to power scaling, it should start from something measurable and calculable, not just based on it Just superior.
2. The surface destruction isn't as large as the real world. According to calculations, it's only 6C in intensity.
3. Are you joking? Please explain, I don't understand.

Bro you are trying to downgrade all the god and high tiers down to mall planet level because of causal feats done by one of high tier character and trying to make their best feats not scalable by not understanding basic science like Energy=Mass you seem to not understand how to scale the verse because even a weakened Don Slime at the end of his life can bust the toriko planet with his final attack and he's not even a god tier EOS.
Don Slime, I think I've already explained that it is the only character that can destroy the world. Its attack has been confirmed that Neo cannot withstand it. No matter how weak Don Slime is, it cannot be compared. It is a unique attack.

Why?
Bro if you think our earth would still exist after gourmet spank you must be dreaming it would be shattered
Energy and mass are the same thing asking for scans for his gourmet energy attacks having mass would be the same thing as asking "Does the sun have mass?" even though it's made of pure energy.
The emergence of those powers does not confirm that there is any mass. Even if there is, how much mass would it have?

Yes. Doesn't mean I agree with your response. I read through the whole thread, that's how I arrived at this stance. For instance, things like "eating a supernova is only BFR and Sealing" is something I absolutely don't agree with. You need to be able to physically withstand that kind of power
In the story, it is clearly stated that Neo cannot withstand a supernova explosion. Therefore, Neo consumption should not be physical because it is clearly stated.

Even with that my disagreement remains, because:
  1. Consuming stars is really blatant. Like, I don't see how you could not get Tier 4 from that
  2. Cosmos Mammoth's placement in the hierarchy is irrelevant because Neo being at the top of it automatically means he's superior
  3. We have a point of comparison for the "destroying the world" statement because in your scan, it legit says that he's already done it before "in the blink of an eye"
The premise is just very faulty. My disagreement remains

Eating a supernova is a BFR and Sealing ability only; it doesn't use the durability of the body for consumption.
It does because Neo's consumption requires him to be relative enough with the object he is consuming without causing himself harm, which was one of the reasons why he couldn't devour Derous's attack, because it produced vastly more energy compared to what he could consumed in that instance.

It's even further supported by the fact that when Neo Acacia was consuming everything, he started to balloon up as he body was having a hard time containing all that energy.

Why don't we need a clear status? Since this might be above or below Neo, and importantly, the attack area of the cosmic mammoth and Neo's eating aren't compatible. The larger the damage area, the easier it is for the small-sized Neo to consume it. That's why I want to remove this explanation from the profile until it can be proven otherwise.
Because by nature of Neo being at the top, he'll be above the Cosmos Mammoths. If you assume that they're above Neo, it would contradict the statement, structurally.

The statement doesn't only talk about Neo's consumption, it deals with Neo, the entity, itself. Neo is also physically strong enough to completely doodoo on the Eight Kings. Because of this, we don't assume the statement is only talking about his consumption, but also accounts for his other attributes as well.

I think this argument isn't valid. The explanation is clear on its own. Absorption doesn't just involve attack power but also speed. It might be too fast for absorption. And with the large beam size moving at such high speed, it's impossible for Neo to absorb it in time.
I never said that didn't involve other factors. What I did say is that one of the main reasons why Neo couldn't devour Derous's attack was because of the amount of force it produced, being above Neo's ability to consume it. You're selectively reading that statement.

It has nothing to with its size, it has to do with its destructive force (I.E, the energy it produces, which is distinct from its area of effect)

Is there any indication that it can destroy the world? If it can, how does it do it? If we're saying it can destroy the world, there should be clear evidence. There's nothing to indicate it can destroy the world. When Neo attacked the world, it was clear that it only damaged the surface.
Toriko stating he's in the process of destroying the world is enough information to assume he is until further evidence contradicting it is provided.

Firstly, the initial slap was significantly smaller compared to Neo Acaica's Gourmet Grasp, so they can't be compared to the destructive ability, on the environment.

Secondly, the next image, you conveniently left out the following images that shows some of the Gourmet Punches are larger than the actual planet itself, and the one you selectively used was one of the attacks that was smaller compared to the planet. It's also important to note that attack occurred while the planet was reaching the final stages of being filled with so much Gourmet Energy that it contained and will release a superior amount of energy compared to a supernova, which was calculated to about 4-B by @Arc7Kuroi. That doesn't contradict what is claimed, but rather supports what I'm, and many others have said. Teppi, with the help of Jiro, stopped the collapse of the planet beyond its GBE.

Destroying the world by shooting at the core to cause destruction is not correct. It might be able to destroy it, but it won't be her power. It's just sending energy to cause a reaction at the core, making the world explode, but that doesn't mean her attack has the power to destroy the world.
I don't really care to address this point since this argument was merely further support to the idea of these characters being around that level, so I'm fine with dropping it.

I however don't agree this interpretation is anyway better compared to what I argued. Until evidence is shown of either being more likely the case, both claims will be assumed equally possible.

Last edited:
In the story, it is clearly stated that Neo cannot withstand a supernova explosion. Therefore, Neo consumption should not be physical because it is clearly stated.
It's interesting you say this since Neo does devour an entire supernova in that fight, and has in the past as stated by Don Slime. This is further supported by PAIR commenting on Neo devouring the entire Blue Universe (his homeworld), including entire galaxies.

Which is why when Neo Acacia was killed, the amount of energy stored in his body is enough to produce an infinite number of galaxies.

Even with that my disagreement remains, because:
  1. Consuming stars is really blatant. Like, I don't see how you could not get Tier 4 from that
  2. Cosmos Mammoth's placement in the hierarchy is irrelevant because Neo being at the top of it automatically means he's superior
  3. We have a point of comparison for the "destroying the world" statement because in your scan, it legit says that he's already done it before "in the blink of an eye"
The premise is just very faulty. My disagreement remains
Neo doesn't eat stars. It only eats living things and their surroundings. It left behind a rocky planet after it was eaten.

That's not true at all. Neo is not at the top of the food chain. It had also been killed by many creatures. How will it get to the top?

Your point of comparison is incorrect. Besides Don Slide None of them were truly destroyed. At most, it's just the level of the planet's surface.

Back