• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Majin Tantei Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler Alert
This is supposed to be the most spoiler-free part of the revisions, and yet it spoils a good chunk of the series, so if you've got even the slightest interest in the series, don't read this.

Naming. See here?

It is Katsuragi Yako, not Yako Katsuragi.

It is Nougami Neuro, not Neuro Nougami. I've no idea how it was named like this when the title of the series literally read Nougami Neuro, but I digress.

Although I've yet to be satisfied with it, I should probably do this while I still can.

Not going over every single minor change, nor will I be listing P&A changes.

There is no need to divide his human world into prime and weakened. That's literally what varies rating on his does.

Changed his low-end to Class M. Sure, he did lift the skyscraper with Evil Tree, but, if something that uses up his demonic energy can lift it, so can he.

No, this is not something stated in the series, it's simple logic. Eh, whatever ''simple logic'' Yusei Matsui may or may not have used, doesn't fly here by itself. I'll move on to what supports it.

So, Yokai Mask, the one who initially performed the Class K feat, is a ''baseline'' Electronic Drug Criminal.

Meanwhile, Neuro fought EDCs amped by Sphinx all by himself.

To illustrate how much they were amplified in strength by the Sphinx of HAL, even to someone who hasn't read a single page from the series, they went from simple ''brainwashed civilians'' to outright being compared to X, the villain and the strongest character we knew of, second only to Neuro. (At the time, at least).

Current calc scales Yokai Mask to 894526 kg. Round it up to 900000 kg. They are just 100000 kg away from Class M. Considering the amp they got compared to Yokai Mask, I don't think that much of a jump in LS is unplausible. Plus, Neuro fought hundreds of 'em at the same time, being comparable to more than several of them simultaneously.

While there are instances of Neuro twisting tens of 'em or steamrolling tens of thousands of 'em at the same time, those happened in what can be called his prime in the human world, so it's probably not the best to bring them up for a low-end argument.

Anyway, with the combination of simple logic and events described above, I do not think saying Neuro's LS is Class M is the biggest assumption this site has ever made.

Removed Hypersonic low-end cause it makes no sense. He was in one of his lowest demonic energy phases when he encased Tierra's head. That should work.

As for his high-end speed:

In a nutshell, HAL, a supercomputer who uses the brain of a genius scientist who mastered every field of science in just 10 years, wanted to kill Neuro. In order to do so, HAL orchestrated stage after stage to learn, test, and surpass Neuro's abilities. Neuro first reacts, later dodges lasers in the so-called second stage.

According to site standards, the laser in question checks out the following:
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
The laser in question is called light by HAL's lackey, whom HAL brainwashed to be his puppet, so indirectly by him.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
The laser is literally from an Optical Instruments research lab and uses the equipment they used.
  • It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)
The laser in question is also the exact opposite of every point here.

In conclusion, the laser in question checks out 2 points out of 5. While this may not be the threshold normally, considering how reliable those 2 points are, I think it may work out.

Just to be sure, Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats page states this:
Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria. Should there be great evidence in favor of the light being real or lightspeed, comparably minor showing against it being real can be overruled.
In case someone (rightfully) tries to argue that high hypersonic to SOL requires more proof, note that every demon in the demon world surpasses the speed of light just to complete their morning stretches, and Neuro is someone who is feared on every floor of the demon world, so much so that demons bow to his mere presence with weapons that can low-diff demon emperor.

This is not to prove Neruo is that fast, it is to prove Neuro at his %5 or so is still that fast.

With that outta way, his latter feat should be his low-end.

When he did the first one, he started to break down immediately, while in the latter, he started to break down after using just 1 tool and 1 weapon. The thing is, if we're going to divide his speed for this much of a miniscule difference in demonic power, we might as well just add a new key to him every time he uses some kind of demonic power.

No, this will not bump every character in the series to Neuro's top speed. Neuro has no reason to go all-out on some random people; the rest would just scale to Sasazuka's bomb out-speeding.

The only ones who'll scale to Neuro's speed are XI and Sicks. Neither has a profile lol.

XI because she outright blitzed him.

Yeah, the scan after a few pages says she slowed down the perception speed of a demon, but XI does not have the literal ability to slow down perceptions, it refers to Neuro being dumbfounded. Being surprised and suddenly lowering his reaction speed to Mach speeds is not realistic.

I mean, look at the scan where the feat happens. Neuro percevies an attack, dumbfounded as both of his enemies were in front of him. Before he could take any other action, he was sent to the other side of the room.

Sicks because he overwhelmed Neuro.

Even after he consumed, like, idk, hard to tell, but at least 6 Evil Diverseys, which gave him enough demonic power to summon two of the weapons of the demon emperor, the latter being his strongest, it consumes so much demonic power that even in the demon world, it took him some time to summon it.

So yeah, Neuro, XI and Sicks should have FTL speeds.

Although it would probably be best to revise this after I revise HAL's profile, I believe the same rating he'll eventually get can be given to him on the basis that he outperformed one of the most powerful supercomputers in Japan, which is HAL, btw.

Removed this:
Neuro is a notable ******, frequently subjecting Yako to various tortures and savagely beating his opponents.
Being a ****** is just his character trait and frequent gag material. He does not seek to inflict as much pain and humiliation on his every move as possible. Unless, of course, he is unnecessarily pissed off (DR), or his predominance as a ****** is being questioned (Genuine).

He does, from time to time, use the nerves drilled out of the victims' heads to play a violin, but who doesn't, really?

It is not something that clouds his sense of judgement or anything; it is something that has no reason to be listed as a weakness, to be more precise.

Rest are just rewords.

That is all, for now, at least.

Last edited:
This is very thorough, good work. Couple of nitpicks.
  • The way you structured NA&T seems a bit weird to me, wouldn't it be better to put them all in one long bullet point list than make a tabber for every single one? It's a lot harder to read this way, which is particularly important given you're using them for explaining P&A.
  • Normally I'd disagree with the lasers being SoL but I think it's fine coupled with the statement. Is there any reason for the low end, are there anti-feats or something?
  • Is there any reason his AP would be comparable to durability? Does he fight people who can hurt him?
On to P&A:
  • The "being able to extract machines bigger than him out of his body" bit seems like it could double as Dimensional Storage
  • I think sealing away online privileges is just technological manipulation, it isn't meant literally, unless this is some weird IRL internet kinda thing?
  • I'm not sure about resistance to Social Influencing, as an ability it seems fair enough but I don't think it's an outright resistance to ignore it.
  • I don't know what Data/Conceptual resistance comes from?
  • There's some other stuff I'm mildly unsure on but I'll let it slide.

This is very thorough, good work.
Thank you!
The way you structured NA&T seems a bit weird to me, wouldn't it be better to put them all in one long bullet point list than make a tabber for every single one? It's a lot harder to read this way, which is particularly important given you're using them for explaining P&A.
Probably with the way it currently is, I actually wanted to add gifs and whatnot to better illustrate every power but didn't quite have the time for it.

Can change that while applying.
Normally I'd disagree with the lasers being SoL but I think it's fine coupled with the statement. Is there any reason for the low end, are there anti-feats or something?
Hope my reading comprehension isn't tripping me-

There are low-ends due to how Neuro works, his demonic power directly determines every single physical capability of his (at least in the human world). So he has ''peak'' and ''at the verge of dying'' phases.
Is there any reason his AP would be comparable to durability? Does he fight people who can hurt him?
It is hard to tell when he was at the demonic power where he could tank a nuke, but let's see, in regards to him scaling to his dura, the following should probably suffice:

He stated that Sicks was someone who would be problematic to fight even if he was at his peak.

Plus, what's said above, so his dura cannot be far away from his AP and vice-versa.
The "being able to extract machines bigger than him out of his body" bit seems like it could double as Dimensional Storage
Quite possibly. Hard to tell what the heck he is doing at like 90% of the series.
I'm not sure about resistance to Social Influencing, as an ability it seems fair enough but I don't think it's an outright resistance to ignore it.
Verse kind of treats it as something you can't just ignore, but I see your point. Don't really have anything to say against it, frankly.
I think sealing away online privileges is just technological manipulation, it isn't meant literally, unless this is some weird IRL internet kinda thing?

I don't know what Data/Conceptual resistance comes from?
Cyberspace is treated as a separate reality made out of data, which HAL could manipulate to his heart's content.

Assuming mysteries are accepted as concepts,

HAL's maze is a puzzle in the data state, which means that its existence, every single entity, attack, and so on are all type 2 concepts and data simultaneously.

I was initially not sure about this, but considering there are several verses that work similarly (combining info, data, concepts, souls, etc., into a singular framework of reality), I just went ahead with it to see what happens.

Neuro takes a few attacks from it and eventually devours the entirety of it. For the record, I too am iffy on this being a resistance to it, but well, eh.

And well, in regards to sealing, it being a tech manipulation wouldn't really make sense. Neuro is a single virus within cyberspace while HAL is a god within it.

It would be like a janitor firing the CEO of the company he is working for. Considering he did that while he was in a data state within cyberspace.
There's some other stuff I'm mildly unsure on but I'll let it slide.
Understandable. I made the proposals. I'm the same.

Don't know if I'll have the time to look perfectly at the powers and abilities but I think the FTL speed stuff is fine, as well as the intelligence addition and weakness removal.

Though, for the Lifting Strength, He actively out muscled them in grappling or did he just beat them down hard and fast. I don't think the scaling is a problem but we don't usually scale lifting strength unless they are physically overpowering them in grappling or there's a universal energy system they all gain their physical statistics from.

There are low-ends due to how Neuro works, his demonic power directly determines every single physical capability of his (at least in the human world). So he has ''peak'' and ''at the verge of dying'' phases.
Ah yeah right
It is hard to tell when he was at the demonic power where he could tank a nuke, but let's see, in regards to him scaling to his dura, the following should probably suffice:

He stated that Sicks was someone who would be problematic to fight even if he was at his peak.

Plus, what's said above, so his dura cannot be far away from his AP and vice-versa.
Sure
Quite possibly. Hard to tell what the heck he is doing at like 90% of the series.
IMO it'd be fine to add
Cyberspace is treated as a separate reality made out of data, which HAL could manipulate to his heart's content.
Aah, and does he have the same powers he did in there IRL? Data resistance is fine if so. Either way I think the sealing would be powernull, from what I understood.
Assuming mysteries are accepted as concepts,

HAL's maze is a puzzle in the data state, which means that its existence, every single entity, attack, and so on are all type 2 concepts and data simultaneously.

I was initially not sure about this, but considering there are several verses that work similarly (combining info, data, concepts, souls, etc., into a singular framework of reality), I just went ahead with it to see what happens.
Admittedly I can't say I'm the right guy to evaluate this type of stuff, but mysteries = concepts seems ok.
And well, in regards to sealing, it being a tech manipulation wouldn't really make sense. Neuro is a single virus within cyberspace while HAL is a god within it.

It would be like a janitor firing the CEO of the company he is working for. Considering he did that while he was in a data state within cyberspace.
Fair. Wouldn't it be powernull rather than sealing though?

He actively out muscled them in grappling or did he just beat them down hard and fast.
He did not get crushed by tens of them trying to crush him down for an unknown amount of time, so probably former.
Aah, and does he have the same powers he did in there IRL? Data resistance is fine if so. Either way I think the sealing would be powernull, from what I understood.
I don't think so, but like that's all, there is no ''he does not'' or ''he does'' statement.
Fair. Wouldn't it be powernull rather than sealing though?
Probably? My simple mind saw the word ''sealing'' and slapped it right away.

EDIT: Actually, I think sealing is more appropriate considering HAL goes as far as saying he cannot even take a single action. Which doesn't make sense for powernull, I mean, how can you powernull a data being on a level that can't even perform a single action?

Last edited:
Alright. I'm done. God, I never ever wanna touch categories again.
uhh, i guess you can apply
Sorry to bother you once more. Could you possibly take a quick look at the profile to see if I did something wrong?

That discussion about sealing/resistance kinda just stopped, so I went ahead with it. Was it a bad move? Should I just add ''possibly'' in front of 'em as a compromise solution and save both of us some time?

Sealing/powernull could be either tbh, don't sweat it. As for scaling data abilities to the real world, I'm a bit iffy but given he's directly turning into data, it should be fine

Alright then. I guess this thread has now served its purpose.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here, especially you, Armor. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be screaming into a void for months, lol.

I guess this can be closed. Would you do the honors, Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back