• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magus vs Patchouli Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that bad, but probably not used to long fight. I would said she can only fight for an entire day as most.

...Yeah, probably. With what we know, she got no counter for any of that, while anything she does could be countered by him.

Promestein said:
That was obviously a gag?
i don't know if it was a gag considering that even PMISS mentioned mages having fraile bodies (exept marisa for some reason ) i would say patchouli would have an advantage if she had the prep time. as demonstrated in the games patchouli never fights unless her library has been "invaded" or after shes done enough reaserch to eliminate the threat.

Patchouli obviously doesn't have a frail body considering she can physically fight with other Youkai as seen in the fighting games. Not to mention survive Kamehamehas from Marisa.

I think at times people take Patchies health stuff too seriously. She can fight just fine.

I don't see her stopping and coughing giving openings for people to hit her over and over in the games. But, for convenience's sake... Patchy found the Frozen Flame earlier and got cured of whatever health problems, she's in perfect condition.

Are Magus's black holes MFTL? I'm assuming so since speed equalized but black holes usually SoL and it would be pointless against Patchy and how does his Memory Manipulation work?

@Scarlet I don't think Magus Black Holes act as serious black holes as much as they act like some gate who eats stuff up and sends them to... Uh... They never tell us where it sends people to. They just kinda go. Memory Manip, only thing I've ever seen him do with it was erase his own memory when he ragequitted at the end of CTDS.

Magus: 2 (ArbitraryNumbers, AndyKhang)

Patchouli: 1 (Matthew Schroeder)

Inconclusive:

FateAlbane said:
@Scarlet I don't think Magus Black Holes act as serious black holes as much as they act like some gate who eats stuff up and sends them to... Uh... They never tell us where it sends people to. They just kinda go. Memory Manip, only thing I've ever seen him do with it was erase his own memory when he ragequitted at the end of CTDS.

Patchouli: 1 (Matthew Schroeder)

Inconclusive:
oh so its not an actucal black hole? hmm i don't think his memory manip is very good with combat if he just used it on himself and not for combat. what is the size he can eat?

wait that came out wrong....

what the largest object the black hole has absorbed

could it absorb somthing like patchoulis artifical sun royal flare?

Memory Manipulation isn't Combat Applicable and Black Hole Creation isn't a real Black Hole, so just a vortex that can be avoided.

How good is his precog?

@Hazerddex The Black Holes are rather big if Lavos' sprite is anything to go by (no, they don't eat it up, I'm just comparing their sizes). It can absorb energy and stuff, yes. Just consider they can grow about as big as his range, I suppose. As for the memory, yes, I've never seen him using that for anything other than self-memoryerasing.

@Matt "Can predict bad stuff is going to happen" is as much as they tell us about it. He also predicted that one of the party members was going to get offed in the near future as a kid.

FateAlbane said:
@Hazerddex The Black Holes are rather big if Lavos' sprite is anything to go by. It can absorb energy and stuff, yes. Just consider they can grow about as big as his range, I suppose. As for the memory, yes, I've never seen him using that for anything other than self-memoryerasing.
@Matt "Can predict bad stuff is going to happen" is as much as they tell us about it. He also predicted that one of the party members was going to get offed in the near future as a kid.
thats rather far in the future but can he predict somthing that about the happen and us it to evade attacks? also if he can't prevent somthing from happening thats not very good precog unless he wanted the kid to die?

Hazerddex said:
thats rather far in the future but can he predict somthing that about the happen and us it to evade attacks? also if he can't prevent somthing from happening thats not very good precog
Don't think he can go predicting what opponent's are going to do but with that last remark is where I say "Stop right there" because beating the thing who is by far God Tier in the verse as a kid is asking too much of anyone in the verse. rofl

You have to consider several factors with Patchouli since she's a Youkai.

*Youkai have longer lifespans than humans.
*Youkai have stronger bodies than humans, so even if they're split into five parts, they heal right away.
*Youkai are more easily affected by belief than humans, and as a 'result' spiritual damage can cause fatal wounds.

^ Youkai have Regenerationn.

In extermination, one does not use weapons that cause physical damage. Weapons with an "origin" are more preferable.
^ Physical attacks tend to not be very effective.

That's because the core of a youkai is not its body, but its mind.
I have never heard of this happening, but if by any chance a vengeful spirit managed to possess a youkai and change its character, what do you think would happen?
It would be as if that youkai had died.
The new youkai's core would be the mind of the spirit that possessed them... In other words, rather than being reborn, the spirit will take over their entire existence.

^ To kill a Youkai, you need to attack its mind.

So yeah.

Everyone and their mother in CT can damage Souls, Intangible Enemies, Monsters with Magic or Elements, tho, as well as having resistance to it. It's just that I'm waiting for people to actually finish the revision I already made. So unless Patchouli can nope Soul Damage she's not noping everything here.

Matthew Schroeder said:
and since his memory manip has only been used on himself hes ratehr out of his depth here...then guess my vote goes to patchouli then although do magician youkais have the same rules as normal youkais they seemed to be split into diffrent catagories like the beast youkai so i was never sure if the mages had regen doesn't that mean alice and byakurin also have regen? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Alice_Margatroid dispite her profile not listing it

nor does patchoulis https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Patchouli_Knowledge

I don't think if a character gets their body and soul busted they are coming back anytime soon if they never actually displayed such a capacity.

I still think the Black Hole Creation provides for more versatility. But I do recall Patchy dealing with Suika's black holes, so it wouldn't really catch her off guard as something new.

But there's still Duplication and Transmutation, which I'm sure Patchy may or may not have dealt with as well (Reisen can make illusory copies of herself).

I think experience may be a good factor here.

Magus most useful thing is missing from his profile, which is changing barriers so that elements different from the one he currently set up the barrier as heal him instead of damaging.

Also is everyone kinda forgetting, you know, Teleportation?

Because as far as I know Patchouli can imbue that in books or something as opposed to outright having the power accessible at all times.

Patchouli: 2 (Matthew Schroeder, Hazerddex)

Inconclusive:

Well, Magus's memory manipulation is pointless, Patchy can teleport away from his black holes and he cant predict what shes gonna do next. Until Magus gets soul attacking tact onto to his profile, Patchy should take this with ger greater range.

The soul damaging is as confirmed as my username being FateAlbane.

It's just that I can't force anyone to give input on the thread.

Patchouli: 3 (Matthew Schroeder, Hazerddex, Scarletmoon56)

Inconclusive:

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I still think the Black Hole Creation provides for more versatility. But I do recall Patchy dealing with Suika's black holes, so it wouldn't really catch her off guard as something new.
But there's still Duplication and Transmutation, which I'm sure Patchy may or may not have dealt with as well (Reisen can make illusory copies of herself).

I think experience may be a good factor here.
we just established that his black hole creation is nowhere near as poten as suika's remember suikas using density meaning shes creating basicly true black holes by compressing matter infenitly. where Magus is basicly making votrexs.

as for duplication mutilple enemies wouldn't really be a threat to her considering the touhou characters deal with sawrms of enemies regularly and they are skilled in a lot of AOE attacks that cover a vast amount of space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iXzwsX50KE

as for transmutatiion what is his feat wtih it?

just wondering since patchouli has a philosphire stone which is basicly the transmuted raw essences of the element

Transmutation transformed another guy into a humanoid frog and left him unconscious for a day or so.

The soul damaging is as confirmed as my username being FateAlbane. It's just that I can't force anyone to give input on the thread.

M'kay. So the question is, does his soul attacks require physical contact, is it connected to his magical attacks or does he just points her finger at her and blasts her soul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back