• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magnus The Red

Magnus is missing quite a bit. Firstly everything Ahzek has should scale to Magnus. He was stated to be the best scholar and most powerful psyker (save the Emperor obviously) so he should get: Earth Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, BFR, Duplication, Healing, Illusion Creation, Intangibility (Ahriman can shift his body's state to exist partially in the Materium and in the Warp, allowing him to phase through matter and become immune to harm), Invisibility, Portal Creation, Possession.

Quote for scaling:

Magnus the Red stood upon the golden sun. The Primarch of the Thousand Sons was a magnificent warrior and scholar beyond compare, yet his outward mien was that of a man faintly embarrassed by his pre-eminence amongst equals. Ahriman knew it was a façade, albeit a necessary one, for who could stand face to face with a being whose intellect and treasury of knowledge rendered all other accomplishments meaningless?
~ McNeill, Graham. A Thousand Sons (Horus Heresy Book 12) (p. 54). Black Library. Kindle Edition.​
I mean it's pretty obvious Magnus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ahriman

Ahriman felt the immense, unknowable power of his primarch, understanding that he stood before a living sun, the power of creation and destruction bound within its beauteous form. Magnus's body was not so much flesh and blood, but energy and will bound together by the ancient science of the Emperor. Ahriman had studied the substance of the Great Ocean with the aid of some of the Legion's foremost seers, yet the power that filled his primarch was as alien to him as a starship was to a primitive savage.
~ McNeill, Graham. A Thousand Sons (Horus Heresy Book 12) (pp. 57-58). Black Library. Kindle Edition.​

Also, another talking point is that it wasn't Daemon Prince Magnus that created concepts with his will. It was Primarch Magnus who went through the warp to warn the Emperor. So Primarch Magnus should have conceptual manipulation and Daemon Prince should just get a massively amplified version. The same thing when Magnus stated he could create universes with a thought. It was Primarch Magnus, again Daemon Prince should be amplified compared to that. Honestly, I think there should be a key for this. Daemon Prince>Primarch Magnus in the warp>Primarch Magnus.

Daemon Prince Magnus needs type 9 immortality for manifesting avatars. Also resurrection and possibly mid-godly Regenerationn from Tzeentch.

Why doesn't he have physics or law manipulation for "reducing the laws of physics to mere playthings". Pretty sure this was one of his avatars btw.

Another perculiar thing is Ahriman's statement about precognition.

'No,' said Ahriman, 'not without decades of training by the Corvidae. To read the multi-dimensional patterns of the Great Ocean and lift meaning from the meaningless requires two modalities of thought. Firstly, the rapid, accurate and efficient movement of thought from concept to concept, whereby all ideas become one; and secondly, the halting of thought altogether, were one idea is reduced to nothing. I have an eidetic memory, a mind crafted by the greatest technologists of the forgotten ages that allows me to do this. You do not.' 'Then what can I do?' 'First you must learn how to shield your consciousness from danger,' said Ahriman, rising to his feet. 'When you have accomplished that, then we will see what you can do.'
~ McNeill, Graham. A Thousand Sons (Horus Heresy Book 12) (pp. 84-85). Black Library. Kindle Edition.​

"Cyclopean son of the Emperor of Mankind, and the most talented in the arcane arts of all his brothers, this godlike figure's verypresence is anathema to logic. Even to look upon him is to surrender all sanity, and when the Crimson King stares back, destruction manifests in great measure. Those under his gaze are blasted into clouds of scattering atoms; soldiers and super-heavy war engines alike are annihilated by the world-splitting intensity of his ire. A sweep of his blade and reality is rent asunder, the bodies of those in his path transmuted into mewling Chaos Spawn." - Warzone Fenris: Wrath of Magnus, pg 147

Chaos,Madness Manip and Transmutation

I suppose that pretty much all of this seems fine.

The one thing I'll point out is that while it was clearly normal Magnus performing that 2-C feat in the Warp, his current "In the Warp" key just accounts for Magnus in the Warp while at his strongest (a daemon). In that state, he's no longer a visitor where the Warp is a potential danger (albeit one he can control extremely well), but his native plane that he can utilize to greater advantage.

This is just a clarification on why he has a single Warp key, though. The power additions should be fine.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I suppose that pretty much all of this seems fine.
The one thing I'll point out is that while it was clearly normal Magnus performing that 2-C feat in the Warp, his current "In the Warp" key just accounts for Magnus in the Warp while at his strongest (a daemon). In that state, he's no longer a visitor where the Warp is a potential danger (albeit one he can control extremely well), but his native plane that he can utilize to greater advantage.

This is just a clarification on why he has a single Warp key, though. The power additions should be fine.
Ok, I understand that point. Could you unlock the profile?

he should also have law and chaos manipulation as azy quouted in a previous thread

A well-established cult has the potential to tip an entire world into Chaos in a very literal sense. Their greatest works of sorcery can open the gates of hell itself and unleash the daemonic legions of the Ruinous Powers. As the mutating power of Chaos saturates the world it becomes a realm not entirely of the material universe and not entirely of the warp: a Daemon World where the laws of nature and reason have been completely usurped by the whims of the Chaos Powers." ― Black Crusade: Core Rulebook

Pretty much every notable daemon should have Type 5. It just hasn't been implemented, yet.

"does he resist power null pre deamonhood"

To some degree, I'd assume. Just can't remember any specific instances. He very clearly does to a pretty decent extent post-daemonhood.

He at least partially resisted the null of several whole squads of Sisters of Silence, all of whom are blanks (what the Culexus is), so yes.

A blank's power null doesn't so much have a tier as it is the antithesis to most supernatural powers. Think of it more as a hole than an actual opposing force.

Sort of a minor mischaracterization of what they actually do.

It's true that their power null works on things that draw power from a Tier 1 realm/have a Tier 1 power source, but that's due more to their nature as "holes" in the Warp than a "tier" for their power null. It's not 100% wrong, but far from the full picture.

Setsuna tenma said:
he should also have law and chaos manipulation as azy quouted in a previous thread
A well-established cult has the potential to tip an entire world into Chaos in a very literal sense. Their greatest works of sorcery can open the gates of hell itself and unleash the daemonic legions of the Ruinous Powers. As the mutating power of Chaos saturates the world it becomes a realm not entirely of the material universe and not entirely of the warp: a Daemon World where the laws of nature and reason have been completely usurped by the whims of the Chaos Powers." ― Black Crusade: Core Rulebook
Do you know which chapter this came from?

that sounds like a great idea and it is much needed on the characters.

speaking of characters, there needs to be more of them added in the 40k area

Back