• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic the Gathering CRT Part I: AP Downgrades

This is a first thread of two parts where I will be revising the Neowalkers. The second thread will be hax upgrades/revisions

Currently, everyone scales to Jace evaporating the Hamilar Sea.

This calc, as Dargoo Faust pointed out, has several problems:

"Turning it into mist/evaporating it" is a bit misleading. First off, he just made it split it once or twice, and the rest just fell.

Also, comparing it to the Caspian Sea is kinda dumb (no offense), when it is explicitly stated to be 3 miles wide

"A wall of water three miles wide rose into the air. It swirled and twined into a single mass, a floating, shimmering shape shot through with sea plants and coral and fish. It was a seawater globe, hovering overhead. Kiora had emptied the entire Halimar Sea, and was holding it through the strength of her will. Her gaze was fixed on the outcropping above Chandra, on the source of the spell—on Nissa."

It is also done via hax, so it doesn't scale to physicals.

Also, there are anti-feats such as Gideon not being able to knock over Bolas's statue and Chandra can only incinerate 3 Azorious Towers with a power boost.

I don't know what all the tiers are, but I do have some ideas. Ral is 10-A, High 7-C with Magic due to how he can generate massive storms, Sarkhan is 8-C+ for scaling to the Tarkir Dragons that can breath lightning, Chandra is 8-B with a power amp as I stated above, but we need to find what the other characters are.

Mini-Bump.

Tezzeret should be 6-C from creating an entire island made out of metal, and IIRC, he fought Elspeth

Edit: Jace should have a key when he is the Living Guildpact, which is superior to normal Jace. Kaya should be upgraded to 9-B, she can kill amped eternals who can punch through walls. A lot of the beefy, frontline fighter planeswalkers (Gideon, Ajani, Ob Nixilis, Sorin, Nahiri, Mowu (He's no planeswalker, but he does kill eternals), and some others) should also be 9-B

Last edited:
Theyhave a bunch of 7-B and 6-C feats to fall back on but i agree that the low 6-B feat is not only inaccurate but is non-canon as its from Test of Metal

Also, there are anti-feats such as Gideon not being able to knock over Bolas's statue and Chandra can only incinerate 3 Azorious Towers with a power boost.

I don't know what all the tiers are, but I do have some ideas. Ral is 10-A, High 7-C with Magic due to how he can generate massive storms, Sarkhan is 8-C+ for scaling to the Tarkir Dragons that can breath lightning, Chandra is 8-B with a power amp as I stated above, but we need to find what the other characters are.
Chandra in her base form was able to oneshot Eternals and Devils that could harm Ajani who was monstly unharmed by being thrown hard enough to bust a mountain

Dont mean to be rude but it might be good to know the feats of the verse before suggesting new tiers for the characters

Finally people reply
I am fine with dubbing ToM non-canon. speaking of which, Causality Manipulation should be removed from Bolas and Tezzerer’s profile, since it comes from ToM.

Did the Eternals harm Ajani, or did they try to rip out his spark? Since the latter negates durability. I agree with Ajani being Tier 7 or 6, but I don’t think the eternals scale (or maybe they do, they are trained to be planeswalker-killing machines, but then again, they mainly do so with the buffer dudes by ripping out their sparks which again, negates dura, and the only other feats that could scale to the stronger walkers are... holding them down or getting on top of them? I haven’t read the entire WotS book yet, but I do know so far the eternals should have two keys: Normal ones, and ones after Bolas uses the elderspell, since IIRC, the Elderspell amps them)

Finally people reply
I am fine with dubbing ToM non-canon. speaking of which, Causality Manipulation should be removed from Bolas and Tezzerer’s profile, since it comes from ToM.
Agreed
Did the Eternals harm Ajani, or did they try to rip out his spark? Since the latter negates durability.
They physically harmed him, same with the Devils

Basically before Dargoo left me and him agreed that 99% of the white-mana planeswalkers scale to the feats of the verse physically (People like Teyo being the exception), Green and Red are situational, and Black and Blue are majority glass cannons who only scale to the big feats with their magic

They physically harmed him, same with the Devils
Seems fine then, but was the Elderspell used yet, because Bolas using the Elderspell amps them
Basically before Dargoo left me and him agreed that 99% of the white-mana planeswalkers scale to the feats of the verse physically (People like Teyo being the exception), Green and Red are situational, and Black and Blue are majority glass cannons who only scale to the big feats with their magic
Agreed. Although Teyo does not scale via AP, his dura should be “Something, up to Tier 7/6 via shields” since his shields block eternals. Also, Dargoo did DM a feat of Jace supposedly tanking Chandra’s fire, but it may have been a clone or an illusion, so Jace may be a stone wall.

Seems fine then, but was the Elderspell used yet, because Bolas using the Elderspell amps them
The Elderspell wasnt used no
Agreed. Although Teyo does not scale via AP, his dura should be “Something, up to Tier 7/6 via shields” since his shields block eternals. Also, Dargoo did DM a feat of Jace supposedly tanking Chandra’s fire, but it may have been a clone or an illusion, so Jace may be a stone wall.
Yeah

And if its the one im thinking of it was an illusion, Jace is 100% a glass cannon

But yeah on top of Elspeth and Ajani theres multiple instancs of Planeswalkers causing or scaling to volcanic eruptions (Tibalt even outright states that counteracting the power of an erupting volcano is childsplay for a planeswalker), planeswalkers scaling above fodder mages that can instantly create powerful thunderstorms and causing earthquakes, Mu Yanling dispersing a storm with her magic, etc.

Tier 8 is massively underselling what theyre capable of, hell Chandra has an 8-A feat just from getting angry in the comic

For the moment though all the planeswalkers that have Low 6-B should be downgraded to 6-C

Ive been working on revising the profiles fully one at a time it justtakes time to do

unknown.png

A fun feat i found while cleaning up Tezzeret's profile for mori

Okay. Do you need my help with something here, or can I unsubscribe to this thread?

Back