• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mad Scientist vs Bionic Zombies: Rick Sanchez vs The Borg

Rick vs borg
A Borg cube is appearing near Earth, sending one message to the population: "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile." Our drunk scientist will try to save earth ...

Conditions

+ Rick with Various Inventions vs one Borg Cube (5-A)

+ Rick gets his Standart Equipment, everything he ever used is in his garage

+ The only thing thats restricted is his time device

+ One Borg cube contains at least 60.000 drones

+ win only by death

+ The Borg and Rick are in character

Who wins and why ? (I will count no votes based on "for reasons above" alone)

The Borg: 0

Rick Sanchez: 1
(VersusJunkie54, ZacharyGrossman273)

Inconclusive: 0

There hax is actually quite similar, Rick wouldnt use his Time device right at the beginning and he still has to destroy the cube ;D

But vote counted.

Rick has outsmarted his alternate selves and even destroyed all of their stuff. As well as cripple a galaxy wide civilization. I would give this to Rick with low-mid difficulty. I could see Rick stopping time, getting schwifty for a few days and then uploading a virus that obliderates the collective.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Rick has outsmarted his alternate selves and even destroyed all of their stuff. As well as cripple a galaxy wide civilization. I would give this to Rick with low-mid difficulty. I could see Rick stopping time, getting schwifty for a few days and then uploading a virus that obliderates the collective.

I could tell you as much about the borg, but you cant argue this way. Rick has no knowledge about the borg, so a virus isnt an option. Just his equipment and everything he ever used.

But I think I will restrict his time device to make it more even.

Rick's multiversal+ range comes from the portal gun, and that's only because the thing is made for multiversal travel.

He doesn't snipe people from across an entire multiverse or anything.

Does he even know where the queen is in this fight?

Pretty sure prior knowledge doesn't exist here.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Does he even know where the queen is in this fight?
Pretty sure prior knowledge doesn't exist here.

He doesnt, since I gave him no knowledge about the borg and vice versa. Most Borg ships also doesnt have a queen.

My vote still goes to Rick since the drones will probably die if they try to touch him as per the latest episode. He can also BFR any drones he encounters with his portal gun. Hell In the first episode Rick created an FTL capable spaceship and a planet busting bomb out of trash. He could probably do something similar onboard the Borg ship.

VersusJunkie54 said:
My vote still goes to Rick since the drones will probably die if they try to touch him as per the latest episode. He can also BFR any drones he encounters with his portal gun. Hell In the first episode Rick created an FTL capable spaceship and a planet busting bomb out of trash. He could probably do something similar onboard the Borg ship.

Again you cant argue with:"X did this in his verse and therefore should be able to do Y". The Borg are also capable to travel at FTL+ speed and one cube has 5-A AP, just like Rick. I will accept your vote for BFR (Still dont know if he can BFR 60000 drones) and death inducement (if the borg dont adapt to that).

Now about a few things the borg can do:

• Blow Ricks ship up right before he can even do anything (he doesnt start in the borg cube) and use tractor beams to prevent him from escaping
  • Teleport him right inside an assimilation chamber or to any place they want
  • Overpower him physically (One cube is equiped with at least 60000 drones , which can adapt)
  • Assimilate any technology he throws at them and create counter measures
  • If the get hands on him: simply assimilate Rick

Rick's ship has universal range. The borg can't leave one galaxy.

They certainly could assimilate him... provided they get there hands on him. Rick can just use the portal gun to throw a huge bomb he made and blow up the ship from a huge distance.

Meosos said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Again you cant argue with:"X did this in his verse and therefore should be able to do Y". The Borg are also capable to travel at FTL+ speed and one cube has 5-A AP, just like Rick. I will accept your vote for BFR (Still dont know if he can BFR 60000 drones) and death inducement (if the borg dont adapt to that).
Now about a few things the borg can do:

• Blow Ricks ship up right before he can even do anything (he doesnt start in the borg cube) and use tractor beams to prevent him from escaping
  • Teleport him right inside an assimilation chamber or to any place they want
  • Overpower him physically (One cube is equiped with at least 60000 drones , which can adapt)
  • Assimilate any technology he throws at them and create counter measures
  • If the get hands on him: simply assimilate Rick
Can you show me a scan of the Borg adapting to Death inducment? Saying that the Borg can just adapt is a major NLF. Additionally the strongest weapon that I know of individual drones adapting too are Phasers witch were calcled at building level iirc. But like I said, he can still BFR any drones he comes across. As for star trek's 5-A ratings.... I feel like its kinda wanked. The most consistent Star Trek I remember is somewhere between city level and continent level iirc.

You are right about the adapting part, however: there are a few requirements for Rick to use that (If he is cought off guard it wont work, which means he has to see his opponent. And Rick also has to stand still, but not sure about that).

He can BFR a few drones, but not thousands of them. And we know that Ricks portal gun is powered by the portal gun fluid which can go out or it loses charge.

About the AP rating, I didnt made the calc and cant see it since its a link to the naruto forum, but if it was accepted then its legit (Or make a CR for that, I found the episode from which the calc comes from).

The Borg have a ton of hax, Rick has also a ton of hax.

But, there is a problem. Rick is one guy, and is on Earth and he has the terrain advantage; the Borg would have to cleanse the entire planet to get him as long as he doesn't screw up.

I mean, he could make a dude gigantic and then teleport it inside the cube to wreck havoc for a while while he finds a way to send Concentrated Dark Matter at them.

I don't think the Borg can find him on-time if Rick decides to throw everything he has at them.

Rick has the range advantage, thats for sure. But as soon as the borg gain interest on him, they simply teleport him inside an assimilation chamber and win.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Yeah

So rick wins with moderate difficulty

By hacking into the borg network

Only Data was able to do that (by connecting his bionic brain to Locutus) and even then he needed the help of Picard to implant a command order into the collective, which just caused the cubes systems to shut down.

Given the fact that Locutus was furthermore designed to be the queens equal, Rick would have to find the queen to hack into the borg collective (And even then it will be difficult). Normal drones wont work and can furthermore self destruct if the collective wants it.

I restricted his time device as you can see above. Where comes his void manipulation from ?

If void Manipulation comes from the device which can erase timelines, then our Rick doesnt have it, since it comes from his C-132 counterpart.

Meosos said:
If void Manipulation comes from the device which can erase timelines, then our Rick doesnt have it, since it comes from his C-132 counterpart.
Being superior to all other Ricks. Our Rick should be more than capable of creating a low 2-C device.

As for hacking it depends. Star Trek is absurdly inconsistent. You have normal average inteligence humans breaching the collective at times, and other times requring the power of over a billlion human minds to bring down a single drone or something like that.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
If he was superior to all other ricks he wouldn't get captured by the council
Yet he also infiltrated them and practiacaly demolished them. Your point?

Infinite supergeniuses >> cyborg collective.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Also rick can't time travel
The creators of rick and morty said they'd never include it
Would they even use it? The Borg could've used time travel to wipe out the Federation soooo many times and yet the didn't. I think it would be out of character for the Borg to use time travel just because.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Okay well why can't they assimilate rick?
Because they wouldn't even be able to touch him without dying. (Death inducment) And I don't recall the Borg ever adapting to such a thing.

As I said above: If he is cought off guard it wont work, which means he has to see his opponent. And Rick also has to stand still, but not sure about that.

Some Borg drones have energy weapons by the way.

Back