• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luke Cage Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Deadpool is not 100% a joke character, people exagerate that. Specially in the 90s he used to be semi-serious.
And Deadpool's joke is that he is comical and breaks the 4th Wall. He doesn't have toon force. If he had he wouldn't be losing limbs and being eviscerated every other issue.
Exactly! you said it yourself, when deadpool is written seriously he actually gets hurt, so why are we using feats of him getting hit by meteors and surviving exploding skyscrapers when those contridict his average durability?

Marvel is extremely hard to scale. I definitely agree about that.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Captain America rolfstomped Daredevil.
You people need to understand that there's a big gap between the likes of Daredevil and Captain America, but everyone fights everyone in comics all the time, and to not make either character pathetic to not annoy the fans, fights tend to be equal.

Regardless, Captain America was completely unharmed by Gambit's explosives which always easily destroy sentinels. He's held buildings from falling on him by sheer strength, survived large explosions, easily beats Deadpool, etc.

By feats he is far beyond Wall level.

And I am sorry, I spend months researching Captain America and writing a 49,010 byte sized Blog about him to reach this conclusion.
Thinking about it, I change my mind, maybe Captain America should be 9-A or 8-C because he does indeed have feats above 9-B

Alright, this is just my opinion, but I think that Spider-Man and everyone scaled to him should be 8-B and Captain America and everyone scaled to him should be 8-C, again, that's just what I think, because yes, Marvel characters are quite hard to scale

@Izreldan

What is the argument you have for Deadpool's feats to be gags other than being too strong for your taste?

And he actually gets injured in virtually all of his feats I'm using.

@Teen

No.

But he will probably be Room level seeing as the Punisher can tank Rocket Launchers to the face.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Izreldan
What is the argument you have for Deadpool's feats to be gags other than being too strong for your taste?

And he actually gets injured in virtually all of his feats I'm using.

@Teen

No.

But he will probably be Room level seeing as the Punisher can tank Rocket Launchers to the face.
No, because Deadpool officially is only supposed to be stronger than Captain America but weaker than Spider-Man, anything absurdly above that is just a joke, that's just the way it is.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also Electro has two feats of creating thunderstorms.
That would make Spider-Man and everyone scaled to him High 7-C.

Either that, or it would not be applied at all.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If I recall correctly, creating a storm is High 7-C

But that would be another issue with trying to scale Electro to other characters XD

Edit: it's Low 7-C, not High 7-C

Izreldan said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
If I recall correctly, creating a storm is High 7-C
But that would be another issue with trying to scale Electro to other characters XD

Thunderstorm creation is Low 7-C

Creating a storm varies on how it's done. That's why we have calcs for it.

@Izreldan

Contradicting what a character is "supposed" to be is not an inconsistency, unless you want to say that Thor doesn't even have superhuman speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
Thunderstorm creation is Low 7-C
Actually no, thunderstorms as least as large as New York or to the horizon are generally plain 7-C. Plus taking into account the KE of forming clouds, it could be 6-C.

Izreldan said:
The Everlasting said:
Deadpool has been consistently stomped by Captain America.
Than there's another problem with Marvel's inconsistency XD
Deadpool is consistently stomped by both Captain America and by Wolverine, who Captain America consistently ties with.

There's no inconsistency here, just that Cap is much stronger than you accept him as.

@Weekly

Pretty sure it's a "In lack of better options" thing.

Like if it's off-screen or impossible to properly calculate.

The Everlasting said:
Creating a storm varies on how it's done. That's why we have calcs for it.
@Izreldan

Contradicting what a character is "supposed" to be is not an inconsistency, unless you want to say that Thor doesn't even have superhuman speed.
We don't bring up what Tom Breevort said about Thor having terrible combat speed, that was a bit of a throwaway statement

Edit: or I guess you could call it a "Thor-Away statement", no, okay I'm done with the puns XD

@Matt Actually shouldn't Daredevil scale to Deadpool? Since nine times out of 10 he wins when he fights him

PEople need to understand that Fighting Skill is given way more value than it logically should in these stories, which is why Daredevil wins.

Matthew Schroeder said:
PEople need to understand that Fighting Skill is given way more value than it logically should in these stories, which is why Daredevil wins.
Yeah, that's why Batma can contend with beings far stronger than him, becuase of Skill

Also

>Deadpool is stronger than Captain America

Find me a single comic where Deadpool is portrayed as stronger than Cap and you'll maybe have a point.

All the times they interacted or fought Cap has been far stronger.

Well actually I vaguely recall Deadpool catching Cap's shelid once and doing decently well in that fight but I don't know the context

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also

Find me a single comic where Deadpool is portrayed as stronger than Cap and you'll maybe have a point.

IMG 0700
Head butts Deadpool and he doesn't flinch.

Yeah, that's why Batma can contend with beings far stronger than him, becuase of Skill
"Skill" = PIS

I was being semi-sarcastic

So was I. (Note Quotations)

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also

Well, there was this:

Panel 1

Panel 2

@TeenAngel

That fight literally ends with Cap one-shotting Deadpool and that was Cap's clone, In the very next issue the real-Cap one-shots Deadpool.

And Deadpool himself admited that Cap would beat his ass, and in another time they fought Cap was easily winning and Deadpool ran away after getting one good hit with Cap's one shield.

So no, Cap isn't weaker than Deadpool. You probably just got that pic on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back