• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer (Supernatural) VS Dante (DMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Dante has some resistance to Soul-based attacks... And Yamato, who ignores conventional durability ...

Anyway, I'll go with Luci too for the reasons above. (Greater potency of hax, although Dante has a greater variety of abilities)

Dante has resistance again atmoic/sub atmoic attacks since he can resist temps below absolute zero though Lucifers durability negation via smiting wont work as well on him.

Dante is more versital and will have an easier time harming Lucifer than Lucifer will have harming him.

Dante takes this.

But if it comes to speed, dante has the ball. His reaction speed is far greater than luc and he could increase this speed using quick silver style and he could dodge lightening. And lets talk about a single snap on the fingers to lightning hitting the ground, as you think about it, lucifer needs a vessel, most likely a human, to hit dante with his power on a sub atomic level, but lightning can hit faster than that and it is at least 1/3 as fast as the speed of light. And he not the only one that could ignore durability, dante has yamato to slash through anything. But lucifer does have the AP greater than dante as he caused disasters into the whole world, but dante is close as he could only rip open a portal the size of North America. Buy again speed wise dante has it.

That's correct, but angels themselves have showed the capability to stop time. Remember Gabriel? Can mess around with time so much and there's also the fact that he was taught everything by Lucifer. Then add in the fact that even Castiel seemed to have stopped time before Fate killed Sam and Dean, which is arguably because of his connection to the Host of Heaven. Add in the fact that typically angels are invisible most of the time and they are more like wavelengths than actual things...

Well even if Dante cuts him with Yamato it's doubtful that he'd actually stay dead. And after he 'dies' the first time, well he can nuke the area that Dante is in before he even knows what happens.

But dante can do both at will using the bangle of time could at least counter lucifer's time stopping abilities also, which he could be at least the even speed with lucifer .

SaberLily015 said:
Dante has resistance again atmoic/sub atmoic attacks since he can resist temps below absolute zero though Lucifers durability negation via smiting wont work as well on him.
Dante is more versital and will have an easier time harming Lucifer than Lucifer will have harming him.

Dante takes this.
Your talking about tempurature resistance, still close if your talking about people with temperature manipulation or powers dealing with abilities with fire or water, he'll has it but since this is durability negation, dante doesn't really have anything to go against it. But speed could be his greatest advantage.

Is this composite Dante from DMC1-4?

If so, Dante would take this I would think. Sparda's Devil Trigger (Fought in Space in a separate dimension, tanked Meteors and re-entry to a planet in said dimension along with Mundus' lightning spear things), Time Freeze/Stop (Quick Silver and the Bangle), Doppleganger (can create a perfect copy of himself via his shadow), Pandora's Box (666 weapons in one), Yamato (Blade that ignores durability and cuts through dimensions).

Hmm.. But the smiting thing would probably be a problem :/

Are what's the go with the Dreadnaught and Majin forms? In the games they were completely invulnerable.

Also, anyone know why Dante's DMC2 amulets aren't listed on his page?

KaitoWu said:
Is this composite Dante from DMC1-4?
If so, Dante would take this I would think. Sparda's Devil Trigger (Fought in Space in a separate dimension, tanked Meteors and re-entry to a planet in said dimension along with Mundus' lightning spear things), Time Freeze/Stop (Quick Silver and the Bangle), Doppleganger (can create a perfect copy of himself via his shadow), Pandora's Box (666 weapons in one), Yamato (Blade that ignores durability and cuts through dimensions).

Hmm.. But the smiting thing would probably be a problem :/

Are what's the go with the Dreadnaught and Majin forms? In the games they were completely invulnerable.

Also, anyone know why Dante's DMC2 amulets aren't listed on his page?
I guess this includes all of his items and abilities, and when it comes to terms in versatility and Speed, my vote goes to Dante. And if he goes to his majin form, his power will greatly increase exponentially, and I think the Dreadnaught and majin are invulerable but luc could ignore that. But if dante is in his royalguard style, he could actually counter attack lucifer smite and he will be done.

There's still the issue that even with dimensional cutting, you can't kill Lucifer.... Speed is impressive but in the end, Lucifer still has better ways to strike down Dante. Not to mention he has much more refined control over time than Dante considering he taught Gabriel everything he know, which is more than just time stopping and time slowing. We're talking pocket dimensions and time loops.

Not to mention Lucifer can just BFR Dante via time loop or pocket dimension and Lucifer being BFRed is not as possibiltiy via universal range teleportation. Majin Form Dante has a time limit, so he's not going to last forever once Lucifer just chooses to wait it out.

I get the time looping (which can include time rewind and forward) where he could banish dante in it but didn't he endure the pocket dimension the size of a planet while with his fight against Mundus?

Endure the pocket dimnesion bfr? It's.... That doesn't really make sense does it?

Do you mean endure it crushing him? Escape the BFR via teleportation or by defeating the enemy?

well mundus's pocket dimension collapsed on Dante so there is that....

Don't see it, but either way did he break through that after beating Mundus? Or could he have broken through anytime? Because Lucifer can just put him in a time loop still since reality warping is pretty powerful after all. Could just get him stuck too while Lucifer is on another safer place, bombarding him repeatedly with attacks or what not.

hm i think its more to combating mundus dante got his 5-B ranking and also survived the collapse as mundus was weaknened after loosing to keep the dimension intact

Somehow my response didn't send.

Anyway on the BFR case, Lucifer can still teleport around and he has quite the universal range. Secondly, he's more of a fallen angel so it won't really count if it can only seal demons.

And Bangle of Time seems to be a quest item so it's arguable that Dante can even combat Lucifer with time powers. And yeah, Dante still has no answer to being subatomically smited, bfred himself, get turned into a car, get stuck in a time loop, or for Lucifer to travel back in time and kill his ancestors.

turned into a car? XD and i wonder can bangle of time stack with quicksilver?

well maybe when they stop time if dante can stack then he could slow down lucifer then hit him with yamato

well the stacking is speculation and isn't yamato a durability negator right if that isn't valid yeah lucifer can have a badass car then XD

Lucifer wins here via hax.

Instant smite, reality warping, time loop.

Dante is good against demons, but an archangel with hax, that's too much even for Dante.

Possibly Universal and he took down Mundus who possibly created a universe. Not to mention the fact that if his striking strengh is Universal, Lucifer can still just get away from him with teleportation and time travel. Even with Universal Striking power I'm not exactly sure how that would work on a being of wavelengths

Oh and Lucifer can time travel and smite Dante as a baby before he was universal.

The argument someone is ____ so he stomps is gonna make me stop liking Dante am I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back