• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lookism - Another Speed Revision

So many people still disagree on lookism (ptj verse) speed tiering.

Now I find the calcs to all be accurate, but I plan on redoing the eli jang calc to be more accurate (it will still be in hypersonic range)

Now here is most likely the best rankings for the speeds based on groups

So PTJ is very bad at his own speed scaling, especially when it comes to matching older gens with new gens. I will just say the cases of Warren fighting Kim was just Kim acting like a fodder man

Lookism also has no counter feat of not being able to dodge bullets, despite people saying so. Samdak was old asf and much weaker than his prime when he had to face a point-blank gun which he still casually beat. In the new chps charles didn't get hit by a bullet, and we never saw what happened. We have seen high tiers be unfrieghtened by high-powered rifles like Park willing to take down an entire battalion of assault rifles with his bare hands, and also manager Kim forecfully infiltrating both South Korean and North Korean Bases casually.

We also have in the new chps insane shockwaves that gulf a building in size

0 gen

At their peak they should all be hypersonic+, likely high hypersonic+

1st gen

The kings should all be "hypersonic+, likely higher" while james lee being high hypersonic+ due to being the peak

J High

Daniel (True Body): "Hypersonic+, higher in heat mode". "Hypersonic+, higher in UI state"

Vin Jin at peak is Hypersonic+

Daniel’s Crew

All should be "Hypersonic+, likely higher" at peak

Hostel

Eli Jang is "Hypersonic+, likely higher" since that is where the calc is from (I will also add backup calcs for hypersonic+)

Warren is "Hypersonic+, likely higher" due to scaling off higher tiers

Big Deal

Jake and Jerry are obviously scaling off Eli Jang tiers so "hypersonic+, likely higher"

Independent

Johan is "Hypersonic+, likely higher" and "Hypersonic+, higher in UI state"

Logan we need to wait due to him returning to the manhwa

Workers

All should be Hypersonic+ in their peak

Ofc the high tiers in that group will be "likely higher"

Manager Kim/How to fight

Mostly all of Ghost Squad should be High Hypersonic+ in their prime due to scaling off a casual park. Now, Hansoo is shown to be much weaker then the other members of Ghost Squad so I would like it to be "Hypersonic+, likely higher"

Last edited:
Anyway I want to do these revisions soon. I actually now disagree with high hypersonic+ as it's just an outlier (not that my calc is bad lmao)

Eli is not that much faster than Hudson. Otherwise he wouldn't have an entire strategy of taking hits and faking him out.

Can we stop using Kali Arnis as a speed feat to compare btw? Jay usually blitzes his opponents with that sanz Logan

That's fair @ outlier

Last edited:
Ngl, I don't really agree with this calculation method. Eli doesn't need to move more than 3 meters in such a small amount of time. Eli's minimum movement is the distance from his nose to the top of his head, which is enough to dodge Hudson's swing at that range. If your calculation is correct, it means that Eli has to be more than 71 times faster than Hudson, which is impossible for both of them to be that far apart in terms of speed.

Eli is not that much faster than Hudson. Otherwise he wouldn't have an entire strategy of taking hits and faking him out.

Can we stop using Kali Arnis as a speed feat to compare btw? Jay usually blitzes his opponents with that sanz Logan

That's fair @ outlier
it’s used as a speed feat since eli is much greater than logan and jay at that point?

Ngl, I don't really agree with this calculation method. Eli doesn't need to move more than 3 meters in such a small amount of time. Eli's minimum movement is the distance from his nose to the top of his head, which is enough to dodge Hudson's swing at that range. If your calculation is correct, it means that Eli has to be more than 71 times faster than Hudson, which is impossible for both of them to be that far apart in terms of speed.
The point is he perception blitz hudson. Unless you wanna argue that hudson can’t even view his own punch he would’ve noticed if the perception time is only from his nose to his forehead. Eli moved all the way down and moved the jacket back before hudson could notice.

it’s used as a speed feat since eli is much greater than logan and jay at that point?
Unless he took Kali arnis then no

The point is he perception blitz hudson. Unless you wanna argue that hudson can’t even view his own punch he would’ve noticed if the perception time is only from his nose to his forehead. Eli moved all the way down and moved the jacket back before hudson could notice.

Simple answer.

Ptj ****** up the art and this is unusable for a feat. Unless you want to argue for why the jacket disappeared in one panel.

If Eli moved that fast, there was never a chance for Hudson to hit him. There was never a point for him to doing this strat. Your calc is valid. But the reasoning and applicability of it is not.

Unless he took Kali arnis then no

Simple answer.

Ptj ****** up the art and this is unusable for a feat. Unless you want to argue for why the jacket disappeared in one panel.

If Eli moved that fast, there was never a chance for Hudson to hit him. There was never a point for him to doing this strat. Your calc is valid. But the reasoning and applicability of it is not.
Is there not one feat in the series where you guys will argue “bad art”? Maybe ptj wants it that way? I never see this argument elsewhere

However, when Eli dodged Hudson's swing, it wasn't necessary for Hudson to only move within reach of Eli's face. Hudson's swing continued on its path, so there wasn't a strict time frame in which Eli had to dodge and then duck down to grab the shirt, as you suggested.

Is there not one feat in the series where you guys will argue “bad art”? Maybe ptj wants it that way? I never see this argument elsewhere
Sure. Let's assume that bad art doesn't exist and that PTJ's cool but inaccurate stuff is usable for calcs.

How about you deal with the bad logic of "Why does Eli have to let himself be hit in order to trick Hudson" if he's so much faster.

Perception blitz doesn't even make sense like what do you even mean. He can see faster? He still had to actively move faster than Hudson can move, meaning your logic falls apart the moment you apply it. He still had to move his entire body (like as you can see his pose had shifted entirely without his fist blocking Hudson's view)

Last edited:
However, when Eli dodged Hudson's swing, it wasn't necessary for Hudson to only move within reach of Eli's face. Hudson's swing continued on its path, so there wasn't a strict time frame in which Eli had to dodge and then duck down to grab the shirt, as you suggested.
I think you don’t understand what i’m saying. If hudson’s punch continued past eli then he would have been able to react to him grabbing the jacket (unless you wanna say his perception is that greatly slower than than his punch). But, as you can see in his eyes he had 0 clue he ducked and grabbed the jacket.

I think you don’t understand what i’m saying. If hudson’s punch continued past eli then he would have been able to react to him grabbing the jacket (unless you wanna say his perception is that greatly slower than than his punch). But, as you can see in his eyes he had 0 clue he ducked and grabbed the jacket.
That's irrelevant. Do you have anything to indicate that he moved 3 meters within that timeframe? Let me ask again, or are you saying that Eli is actually 71 times faster than Hudson? Again, the timeframe doesn't necessarily have to be measured from the distance between Eli's nose and Hudson's fist. The distance could be much more than that. Either way, Eli doesn't have to move within that timeframe.

That's irrelevant. Do you have anything to indicate that he moved 3 meters within that timeframe? Let me ask again, or are you saying that Eli is actually 71 times faster than Hudson? Again, the timeframe doesn't necessarily have to be measured from the distance between Eli's nose and Hudson's fist. The distance could be much more than that. Either way, Eli doesn't have to move within that timeframe.
He is 71 times faster if you assume he is only moving at 69 m/s… And yes, I do have something to indicate he moved that far. Hudson’s own reaction indicates he didn’t react at all and the pixel calc is accepted to be good.

He is 71 times faster if you assume he is only moving at 69 m/s… And yes, I do have something to indicate he moved that far. Hudson’s own reaction indicates he didn’t react at all and the pixel calc is accepted to be good.
The calc is fine.

The reason for it to exist isn't.

Why is it a difficult fight when Eli absolutely blitzes Hudson?

The basis that he is moving at 69 (nice) is also wrong but not necessary.

The calc is fine.

The reason for it to exist isn't.

Why is it a difficult fight when Eli absolutely blitzes Hudson?

The basis that he is moving at 69 (nice) is also wrong but not necessary.
Maybe cause he is only slightly faster? We don’t know. All we are doing here is lowballing hudsons speed which in turn lowballs eli‘s.

Maybe cause he is only slightly faster? We don’t know. All we are doing here is lowballing hudsons speed which in turn lowballs eli‘s.
Eli isn't slightly faster he is absolutely blitzing Hudson in this calc. Hudson would have to be slower than Eli in the story but he isn't.

Again irrelevant. Lowball or highball, Eli blitzes Hudson with your calc. Which doesn't happen in the story.

Eli isn't slightly faster he is absolutely blitzing Hudson in this calc. Hudson would have to be slower than Eli in the story but he isn't.

Again irrelevant. Lowball or highball, Eli blitzes Hudson with your calc. Which doesn't happen in the story.
He is blitzing hudson in the panels?

He is blitzing hudson in the panels?
From the calc yes. But the entirety of the battle he wasn't and if he could've done so from the start, there is no need to pull the jacket trick at all. It's a contradiction.

It really makes more sense that PTJ just didn't draw it right and meant for it to look like Hudson slipping as he attacks and that they're on a similar ball park in terms of speed. In the same fight he even forgot to draw the jacket under Hudson during one of the scenes.

Back