• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Local Trap Challenges a Screaming Beetle

Okay Damage switched the board so we can proceed with the match

Just to clarify, Yotsugi scales from casually killing an entity that was superior to characters scaling to 0.241 tons of TNT. Unless I'm missing something, the AP gap here is one-shot worthy in Yotsugi's favor.

Just to clarify, Yotsugi scales from casually killing an entity that was superior to characters scaling to 0.241 tons of TNT. Unless I'm missing something, the AP gap here is one-shot worthy in Yotsugi's favor.
Well she isn’t as durable I’m assuming, so the beetle can do something. Not sure how tho, pretty sure Yotsugi can outskill anyways

I don't understand how she can possibly be in one-shot range given both of them are 9-A+ unless her page is objectively wrong.

That said, the second key of the Beetle is also wrong. It scales to 8-C.

I don't understand how she can possibly be in one-shot range given both of them are 9-A+ unless her page is objectively wrong.

That said, the second key of the Beetle is also wrong. It scales to 8-C.
Agnaa told me he actually tried to upscale Yotsugi to 8-C, but apparently people told him it was wrong and it was denied. So she's only 9-A+, despite having quite a hefty scaling chain.

Agnaa told me he actually tried to upscale Yotsugi to 8-C, but apparently people told him it was wrong and it was denied. So she's only 9-A+, despite having quite a hefty scaling chain.
Alright, so she's 9-A+ still with roughly a 2x AP advantage.

I agree. Even with screech the beetle is unlikely to win, and it lacks any hax to speak of. Yotsugi FRA.

Because she canonically one-shot a character who was stronger than two characters who scale to 9e8 joules (via a 10x multiplier), while the Knell Beetle scales to 5.4e8 joules. If she can one-shot someone almost twice as strong, she should be able to one-shot the Knell Beetle.

Last edited:
I don't understand why you'd keep them in 9-A+, then. This seems like a blatant case where upscaling them to the next tier is needed.

Like the match means nothing to me, beetle would lose even with even AP, it's just a screaming bug. But like... the AP here seems funky.

Because we don't upscale based on inferences (like one-shots) on top of multipliers. It has to be on the original feat.

Back