• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little Kunekune Revision

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
For the Kunekune.

The abilities on the page are more or less accurate, I have a bunch of sourcing, but the main issue is the mirror thing. That's not entirely how things work.
The Kunekune reflected in my swaying vision moved as if it were sliding along the surface of the foreign body growing out of my face. It was very similar to the plankton-like patterns that appeared in my eyes when I stared up into the blue sky. Basically, it looked like the Kunekune was standing there, but it wasn't. Like how white blood cells in the eyeball appeared to be floating when they were projected on the blue sky. The Kunekune was, in fact, a completely different thing being projected on something that was between us and the world. This foreign body was connected to whatever that was.

I understood something else, too. The reason that, the first time I'd encountered the Kunekune, Toriko's rock salt had been able to drive it off. That was because I recognized something the Kunekune was projected on. When I looked at that thing and recognized it, the rock salt hit it. If I didn't recognize it, there was nothing there!
In my head, I flashed back to the corpse that had been killed by the Kunekune. The man whose name I didn't know, his fingers dug deep into both eye sockets. I knew now - he'd realized the Kunekune was moving around in his vision, and he'd crushed his own eyes. Though, even after doing that, he hadn't been able to survive.

"When the Kunekune enters your cognition, that creates an interface for contact between the human and the Kunekune. When the Kunekune was in Sorawo-chan's cognition, Toriko shot it, and that destroyed the interface."
The Kunekune invades your eyes and cognition, and the physical form seen isn't really 'there' normally, unless recognized. Of course, staring at the Kunekune drives you insane, which helps you understand how it works and recognize it, which renders it vulnerable. This is hard to exploit when it paralyzes you though. It's not really a mirror, but... the Kunekune is made up of the thing in your eyes and the surface on which it is projected outside. Something like that. It's weird!

I will answer later, i need to recheck the chapter first.

finally someone else who read Uresekai Picnic~

Whoo! Yeah it's honestly weird to quantify here, though it's definitely more than just the projection/surface thing. Wording implies things could be Non-Existent and at least Incorporeal. Do you know anything about how the original Japanese talks about it?

Shame. Oh well! We'll work with what we have.

Any general thoughts on the nature of the Otherside's occupants? There's a lot of Mind Manipulation and stuff they'd have on top of incorporeal stuff, most likely

Kinda occupied currently, i will tune in later. I dont know how far you are into the novel but most Otherside denizens shoudnt qualify for incorporality, as they actually have physical bodies. Im not so sure on that though, was some time ago when i finished Vol3. Im 100% that chronologicaly next Denizen, Hasshaku-Sama is physical

I haven't gotten to volume 3 yet, so. I just read the first Omnibus, gonna preorder the second.

Hasshaku-sama is probably physical but the true forms and how they all work are weird.

It looks like some weird conditional Type 9 Immortality or Avatar thing imo.
Unless I misunderstood something.

I can see that interpretation but I don't think it's accurate.

Is there more description of the "projection" phenomenon they talk about in the first part? The one about how it's like blood cells?

That's about how it moves using your vision and you can see it moving around, like seeing stuff in your eyes when you look up at the sky. There's not much more said about it.

At least this is a lot more relaxing than the previous Content Revision

This looks fine

Sorry but im too lazy to reread the novels to be of help currently. You will have to do without me currently.

Well, you don't have to but okay.

A higher self projecting a physical emanation that is hard to notice with the regular senses, combined with madness manipulation due to being incomprehensible in nature to the human mind?

Perhaps it is better to explain this further down in the profile page than the cramped powers and abilities section?

I don't know about 'higher self' but there is some implication of another self projecting the Kunekune onto a surface. It's kinda weird.

I was planning to rewrite the page with proper, complete sourcing.

Anything else or can I go do what I can?

You can apply the accepted revisions if you wish.

Back