• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning McQueen in Death Race

again wait a bit more to when they are driving off to the distance. one of them jumps high enough to jump over a car.

Which imo he likely will not learn until he is to damaged to do so, as he will have had bashed his front in on the more durable vehicle, though the Driver's vehicle will likely be a bit damaged as well.

I doubt the Driver will get to McQueen, since he has evaded attacks from various Cars at the same time in a fairly restricted area.

Also, wouldn't McQueen know about mannually-controlled robots? (Which should be somewhat comparable to what McQueen could interpret when seeing the Driver) Since the Cars universe is literally just our universe, except everybody is a car.

Again, that is likely due to his speed, which is = here. And also again, he is still going to have to attack, so dodging isn't really that important to this fight. LM will likely have to damage himself.

I was going for McQueen kind of escaping and dodging atacks, until he notices that the skelebro is driving the car, then jump on it to win

Well, I still hold my vote.

McQueen will likely just escape from the Driver, notice that he is controlling the car, jump on it, and win.

I don't know supporters of the cars franchise and I am pretty sure I am the only one who cares about the drivers. I still hold my vote that they will slam into each other a few times, LM getting to damaged to jump and realizing to late that the car is being controlled. Plus the Driver's car is possible more durable so I think it will last long enough to be mobile when that time comes.

It just isn't in McQueen's character to attack so directly like that. He prefers looking for other solutions.

Take the Derby scene for example. He waited for everybody to beat each other up, and then improvise in the tense situation.

Also the Driver doesn't have the speed to catch up to him.

They will be running at the same speed, giving McQueen enough time to analize the situation, jump, and win

They have the same reaction and movement speed though, so LM wouldn't be able to catch the driver either by that logic. And again, LM has no experience knowing the driver is controlling the car.

I'm not saying that McQueen will catch the Driver, I'm just saying that they will run at the same speed, giving LM time to act accordingly.

Think about it. From LM's perspective, the skeleton is a strange creature inside the brain of a car, pushing buttons, and the car acts accordingly. Also, the director of the first two movies said this:

If you think about this, we have autonomous car technology coming in right now. It's getting to the point where you can sit back in the car and it drives itself. Imagine in the near-future when the cars keep getting smarter and smarter and after one day they just go, "Why do we need human beings anymore? They're just slowing us down. It's just extra weight, let's get rid of them." But the car takes on the personality of the last person who drove it. Whoa. There you go.

Although he did say that this was his own theory, it's the closest we got to a canonical answer. That means that McQueen would understand what the Driver is.

Seems legit.

Though the fight is in a race track, so he is pretty limited in space, and if he wants to get to the middle he will have to damage himself by crashing onto the walls that separate the audience from the track.

Doc told McQueen all of his tricks, so it's likely he will know how to do it too (plus Cruz Ramírez, a much more inexperienced racer, managed to do it despite having very little experience in a race).

Iirc Doc actually did state he didn't teach McQueen all his tricks, plus LM shows no feats really like this. Also that is assuming both cars are driving the same direction, which I doubt will be what happens in this situation.

Back