• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning and Building Level+

XitSign

He/Him
I'm a touch tired, I may just be unable to read, but I wanted confirmation if Lightning is Building Level+

It's been something I just saw/heard and accepted since I started, and I've seen it on a number of profiles, but where does it cone from? Our lightning page lists that lightning is accepted at about 1.6 billion joules, but that doesn't seem to be the '+' range for Building Level.

Can I just not read right now?

Iirc it was actually meant to be downgraded to 9-A+

We revised it at just being Building level due to 1.6 Joules being baseline instead of 5 Gigajoules. Furthermore, there was another study about only half of it actually attacks the target. And of course, there are other details such as the heat Vs force debate, thermal equilibrium of the body, inverse square law, the human body is too small to absorb the entire lightning bolt except in a few very specific situations. Usually tanking natural lightning bolts is only 9-C at best.

Though there are also other studies in which lightning can be more deadly, such as someone with zero flesh getting struck by lightning; aka Meat from Mortal Kombat. KLOL was the one who told me, but it was DontTalkDT who knows more details on how lightning can work. Plus, it is possible for continuous lightning bolts, to reach High 8-C and at most 8-B given our policy on watts, but it cannot be stacked any higher than if it lasted any more than 1 second and the former is the safer assumption.

Understood on all parts then. I already know a few that need the downgrade, but I'll keep an eye out for others, plus their context to see where they should land.

There's also the fact that lightning energy dissipates as it travels down so unless you're really close to the clouds you're probably not tanking the full yield even if you're in the air

Back