• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am not sure, but I remember that in mgsv: the phantom pain before venom awoke from his coma he gets manipulated via hypnotherapy to think that he is big boss, so he kinda has some combat experience.

That's right, but he only got the experience and personality. I can't replicate everything I know. For example, my brother taught me different weightlifting techniques, but i am still not at his level.

Rac95 said:
That's right, but he only got the experience and personality. I can't replicate everything I know. For example, my brother taught me different weightlifting techniques, but i am still not at his level.
Before getting manipulated, he was a combat medic at MSF, and he was known as the best soldier that big boss had so he should have kinda a lot of knowledge, technically it would took almost the whole game to master CQC, so I also don't get why he is scaled to big boss, I think venom is more like Solid Snake scaled. (Solid from MG1 of course)

Rac95 said:
It would definitely make more sense, but are the limits of MG 1 Snake known or are there some calculations for it?
MG1 and MG2 Snake known strength is that being a noob trained by big boss, he fought a young Gray fox (Frank Jeager) in a CQC ONLY fight, and that is the same Frank Jeager that years before that fought big boss in metal gear solid: portable ops (called null in this game).

Telephone Heavy said:
Rac95 said:
It would definitely make more sense, but are the limits of MG 1 Snake known or are there some calculations for it?
MG1 and MG2 Snake known strength is that being a noob trained by big boss, he fought a young Gray fox (Frank Jeager) in a CQC ONLY fight, and that is the same Frank Jeager that years before that fought big boss in metal gear solid: portable ops (called null in this game).

That's definitely useful, but leads to the question of Franks limits. The only actual feat for Venom Snake in the term of lifting strength would be sprinting, whilst carrying full grown armored men and wearing weapons and combat armor himself

Rac95 said:
Telephone Heavy said:
Rac95 said:
That's definitely useful, but leads to the question of Franks limits. The only actual feat for Venom Snake in the term of lifting strength would be sprinting, whilst carrying full grown armored men and wearing weapons and combat armor himself
The venom snake lifting feat sounds useful. About Frank's limits, he is still physically strong as he is in Metal Gear Solid 1 as Gray Fox, since he fought big boss in portable ops, and fought solid snake in mgs1 who is a perfect copy of big boss, he is still strong as before, except that in mgs1 his best feat was that he could make Metal Gear REX hold back briefly, and Metal Gear REX has a height of 13.0 M, a length of 15.0 M and a weight of 505 metric tons, a really big one (After his great feat he died tho).

In simple words: Before: 8-C. After: 8-B.

In MGSV Venom Snake has only been shown to be a 9-C to a low 9-B for AP, SS, and durability by punching soviet soldiers and tanking bullet shoots. His running speed is around athlete to peak human speed. His reaction speed being supersonic+ is okay due to the fact he can dodge Quiet's shots. Base on what Rac95 said his lifting strength should be at least athlete to low peak human base on easily running with heavy armor and weapons and can carry a fully armored person on his back and tosses them a few feet in front of him.

I will ask KinkiestSins to help out with evaluating this.

To keep it simply, Venom Snake has inherited big boss specialized training, but not his strength

But we also scale him to Man on Fire, AKA volgin who can output 10 million volts.

AP seems fine. I think we have like, three or so calcs from characters being building level+.

Also, Volgin has Class K lifting strength post man on fire for IDK what reason other then maybe scaling to venom snake.

We should likely just downgrade him to 'at least super human' too unless someone can pull up a calc or feat at this level.

Edit: Also worthy of mention the man on fire is likely comparable or stronger then volgin so 8-C metal gear can scale to Venom Snake

I propose "Possibly 8-C, 8-B with weaponry" for Venom via fighting man on fire, but he lost.

Also, we should downgrade both man of fire and venom snake's lifting strength to just 'superhuman'

Okay. If you need any pages unlocked for the revisions, you have to write down a list of their exact titles here, so I can handle it with an automated script.

Antvasima said:
Okay. If you need any pages unlocked for the revisions, you have to write down a list of their exact titles here, so I can handle it with an automated script.
Just so we are clear:

Venom Snake would be downgraded from 8-C physically to "Possibly 8-C" with Class M strength to Superhuman.

Volgi would be downgraded from Class K lifting strength to Superhuman lifting strength.

That is basically it, those are the two pages that need to be changed. I think I might make a crt regarding Volgins Lightning, which may result in speed upgrades but those two pages should be changed now..

I will change as Such

Venom Snake: Possibly Building Level+ (Venom Snake has fought Volgin briefly and is stated to be comparable to Big Boss)

Volgin: Superhuman (Should be comparable to his earlier self. Scales to Venom Snake)

That seems fine.

So only those two pages have to be edited then? Do you need me to unlock them for you?

Antvasima said:
That seems fine.
So only those two pages have to be edited then? Do you need me to unlock them for you?
Yes, that would be great.

Again, if I have an issue with Volgins lightning later, I will make a crt like usual.

Edit: Changes made and done.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back