• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting strength question

If a character can crush the arm of a 7C durable character with their grip strength would it mean their grip strength is equivalent to the character's durability?

I don't think AP can be converted to LS like that. There's no such thing as 7-C Grip since the potency is by LS standards, not Striking Strength or AP
I mean shattering the arm of someone that has 7C durability through pure grip strength instead throwing a simple punch is vastly distinct.

Casually stopped Captain America's shield dead in its tracks.
This one would be F= ma

Briefly overpowered Mark 46 Iron Man's arm and was able to crush his gauntlet and damage the arc reactor.
The overpowering part would be legit, but the crushing? I guess you could try and figure out gold-titanium alloy's crushing strength and WS's palm being the area he applies that force. I almost thought this'd enter calc-stacking territory if we tried extrapolating LS from Iron Man's dura but then I remembered what Iron Man's armors were normally made of. I think Spino made a calc for this, no?

Textbook AP

This one be LS.

This one would be F= ma

The overpowering part would be legit, but the crushing? I guess you could try and figure out gold-titanium alloy's crushing strength and WS's palm being the area he applies that force. I almost thought this'd enter calc-stacking territory if we tried extrapolating LS from Iron Man's dura but then I remembered what Iron Man's armors were normally made of. I think Spino made a calc for this, no?

Textbook AP

This one be LS.
Yeah, I just thought that the OP’s point is similar to WS crushing IM’s arm being listed under AP.

So grip strength is more AP than LS?
Mostly if you have no idea about the compressive strength of the item you're crushing.

But yes, if you're doing this to fictional characters who have a certain durability, then it's just AP, for deriving LS from a fictional character's body like that (Unless you can prove they can wrestle with each other and the other character has a set LS) goes deep into calc-stacking territory.

Mostly if you have no idea about the compressive strength of the item you're crushing.

But yes, if you're doing this to fictional characters who have a certain durability, then it's just AP, for deriving LS from a fictional character's body like that (Unless you can prove they can wrestle with each other and the other character has a set LS) goes deep into calc-stacking territory.
So in most cases 7C with grip strength Instead?

So in most cases 7C with grip strength Instead?
Ye (Unless of course the 7C has their own separate LS rating and the character gripping the 7C's arm has shown to be able to overpower said 7C character in a wrestling scenario as well, in which case the other guy would scale to 7C in both AP and their LS).

Ye (Unless of course the 7C has their own separate LS rating and the character gripping the 7C's arm has shown to be able to overpower said 7C character in a wrestling scenario as well, in which case the other guy would scale to 7C in both AP and their LS).
Well it'd be odd or based (depending on the context) for a 9B robot to have 7C AP through grip strength. And yes the robot is stronger than agents significantly smaller than its size, except for the pillar chief of neuro who casually turned the body of another character over who's shown to be able to wrestle with this robot and overpowered it.

Well it'd be odd or based (depending on the context) for a 9B robot to have 7C AP through grip strength.
There's a lot more to it than them just having crush hands of higher-tiered people tho. Powerscaling, consistency, outliers, etc.

And yes the robot is stronger than agents significantly smaller than its size, except for the pillar chief of neuro who casually turned the body of another character over who's shown to be able to wrestle with this robot and overpowered it.
Nothing new. Transformers has smaller bots able to casually overpower Tier 8 robots. Case in point, Cogman, a Headmaster unit, easily twisting Crosshairs' finger and making him reel in pain unable to do anything against the smaller bot. Normal Corvette-sized bots can effortlessly hurl cars of similar size and weight several meters into the distance with ease.

Smaller =/= weaker. It can also be the opposite.

There's a lot more to it than them just having crush hands of higher-tiered people tho. Powerscaling, consistency, outliers, etc.

Nothing new. Transformers has smaller bots able to casually overpower Tier 8 robots. Case in point, Cogman, a Headmaster unit, easily twisting Crosshairs' finger and making him reel in pain unable to do anything against the smaller bot. Normal Corvette-sized bots can effortlessly hurl cars of similar size and weight several meters into the distance with ease.

Smaller =/= weaker. It can also be the opposite.
That's why I prefer labelling as LS rather than AP, tho the character's arm that it crushed would have lower LS than the robot in general.

Yes, but in this particular verse, that's the only showing of smaller characters overpowering larger ones, this character is actually one of the most powerful agents in the verse.

Also I want to point out that one of the profiles has class m lifting strength through a grip strength feat.

Crushing coal so hard it turned into diamond.
Yeah uh, this isn't the first time the whole "crushing coal into diamonds" thing has been done.

Some say it's Transmutation hax. But IRL, it is impossible to do so, and thus, also impossible to calculate.

Yeah uh, this isn't the first time the whole "crushing coal into diamonds" thing has been done.

Some say it's Transmutation hax. But IRL, it is impossible to do so, and thus, also impossible to calculate.
Then better remove that off of Nomi no Sukune II's page.

And also everyone else's page from Grappler Baki who scales to it.

guess you could try and figure out gold-titanium alloy's crushing strength and WS's palm being the area he applies that force
He never crushed the alloy. If you watch the scene the gauntlet is undamaged but the repulsor glass is cracked. It's why the Class 100 ratings for them are being removed.

He never crushed the alloy. If you watch the scene the gauntlet is undamaged but the repulsor glass is cracked. It's why the Class 100 ratings for them are being removed.
Ah, okay then.

I thought there were more reasons for their Class 100 being removed tho, like them only lifting T-54/T-55 tanks and Mark 46 being a non-combatant armor and whatnot.

Is it really impossible? I remember I heard that in school, but I don't remember that it was impossible
You do that in a very short amount of time, coal would be pulverized before it had any chance to turn into diamond. It's a very long process for the carbon atoms to form the lattice structure of diamond actually.

Ahm... Idk

EDIT: NVM. I took a closer look at the video just now. You need Heat and shit as well. But it is not impossible after all

Last edited:
Is it really impossible? I remember I heard that in school, but I don't remember that it was impossible
Yes. It is indeed impossible to do it through sheer pressure alone, you need heat as well.

So ye, can't be an LS feat.

Back