• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting Strength and Striking Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a character has an abundance of lifting, blocking, and durability feats, but 0 striking feats, can you use his lifting Strength as justification alone for a low-balled rating (like, universal lifting Strength, at least wall level striking).

Whether we do this on the wiki or not for values higher than wall level is irrelevant, but I want to know if, say, Hareta from Pokémon who can judo throw Rhyperior and stop charging Onix-- or Maylene, who can kick back Aura sphere from her Lucario-- should get striking Strength values of "at least wall level" without them actually physically striking something. Like, deflecting or catching blows in your hand would probably require more force than human level to do from these mons.

If not applicable normally, could someone give me a formula for calculating striking strength from lifting Strength, for personal use?

Technically yes, but in order to have anything impressive theyd have to have at leask Class K. Class K is mid Wall level i believe.

Lifting Rhyperior wouldnt put him above Human level, stopping an onix is i believe a Low 7-B feat, blocking attacks from Lucario is a High 6-C feat

Basically he'd just be scaled to Onix itself. Unfortunately we dont have a key for Onix on Steelix's page so i cant say for certain what tier he is. Gotta love how many blatantly superhuman feats "Normal Humans" have in Pokemon

For lifting strength to striking strength its: Mass lifted x height of the person x 9.8

I think that we can use the calculated energy of lifting strength feats as a basis for attack potency, and as such striking strength, if there are no better feats, but this happens very rarely.

Really?! I thought that we didn't since it's not always consistent in fiction. Why not the reverse and calculate lifting Strength from striking? Like, for Goku, put it as "Unknown, possibly x" since Goku's lefting strength being 40 tons is kinda low for how hard he can hit. Then there's the feat of him standing up in a heavy Gravity Attack that could crack star level material-- but that might be unquantifiable...?

You are correct. It is usually not consistent in fiction. Never mind.

I do know for the fact from other threads saying that lifting strength =/= striking strength. And it is rare to see some Dragon Ball characters displaying their feats when it comes to physical strength. Like that 40 tons for Goku was before he comes to Earth for the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai for 24 hours, it seems pretty low compare to how he does it when he was a kid pushing a large Boulder when he was training with Muten Roshi before the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai. I don't know if he was training on Heaven or King Kai's planet without having the specific gravity, so they basically used the 10 Gs for reference instead.

This is a very old thread. Perhaps it should be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back