• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Levi Ackerman AP downgrade

MorrisHatesYou

Username Only
Levi shouldn't scale to 9-A physically because the two of the justifications for it presented in the page are very bad.

Here it is:

If you look at the scan of the first justification, it is explicitly stated that the Ackerman bloodline partly manifest the strength of a titan, the keyword here is 'partly', that means they manifest the power of a titan only to certain degree and not entirely. So this has to go.

And as for the second justification, there are two problems there, the first is that levi did the feat with the help of the force exerted by the odm gear, the second problem lies on how inconsistent the titans are, there are instances where characters who are supposed to be far weaker than titans somehow manage to match their strength, for example, Eren managed to hold mouth of a titan open here, and here, Hannes, someone who is supposed to be around, if not only slightly stronger than your average scout, somehow managed to block a titan's slap to defend Eren and Mikasa.

So, Levi shouldn't scale to 9-A but should scale to the highest value of a feat performed by a human in the series, which is Reiner's durability feat.

He should be indexed like this "At least wall level, likely far higher", since he's far stronger than him.

This should also apply to his uncle Kenny.

I do agree with the downgrade but those two characters did that feats under extreme conditions. Both Eren and Hannes where at the brink of death or this protecting "Eren Emotional amp stuff" that made them perform those feat.

That said, if you check the complete scan for the Levi feats, you would see that he kicked and slammed the titan to the ground.

But in the near future, am planning on some upgrade for Levi and possibly the rest of the verse.

For now, i agree

I do agree with the downgrade but those two characters did that feats under extreme conditions. Both Eren and Hannes where at the brink of death or this protecting "Eren Emotional amp stuff" that made them perform those feat.
Fair enough, you could argue for plot induced stupidity, but there are still other occasions that shows their inconsistency, if I'm not wrong, sasha with bow and axe could damage titans, and titans in general are really hard to scale, some of them can have eren's titan broke his hand by tanking his punch, some of them are damaged by melee weapons used by humans.
Because of those instances I hold the idea that in general, they're inconsistent
That said, if you check the complete scan for the Levi feats, you would see that he kicked and slammed the titan to the ground.
The scan is kinda confusing to me, the author didn't show the entire movement so I don't know about this.
But in the near future, am planning on some upgrade for Levi and possibly the rest of the verse.

For now, i agree
Nice

And as for the second justification, there are two problems there, the first is that levi did the feat with the help of the force exerted by the odm gear, the second problem lies on how inconsistent the titans are, there are instances where characters who are supposed to be far weaker than titans somehow manage to match their strength, for example, Eren managed to hold mouth of a titan open here, and here, Hannes, someone who is supposed to be around, if not only slightly stronger than your average scout, somehow managed to block a titan's slap to defend Eren and Mikasa.
ODM Gear wouldn't matter because his durability scales to the ODM gear. Hell, the calculation you linked as a replacement uses durability from the ODM gear

Eren is a Titan shifter, but regardless, his body WAS crushed by the titan

Also you missed the fact that Levi's durability downscales from the Female Titan
Durability: Small Building level (...Took an attack from the Female Titan but broke his ankle...)

With that said, I'm neutral on the downgrade

ODM Gear wouldn't matter because his durability scales to the ODM gear. Hell, the calculation you linked as a replacement uses durability from the ODM gear
I don't get what you meant by this, he should obviously scale to the durability from the odm gear, I don't see how it affects the argument on using the force exerted by his odm gear helps him.
Also you missed the fact that Levi's durability downscales from the Female Titan
I re-watched the scene and that doesn't seem like a direct attack, Levi just happened to land on the Titans hand and he broke his ankle because he accidentally twisted it.

I don't get what you meant by this, he should obviously scale to the durability from the odm gear, I don't see how it affects the argument on using the force exerted by his odm gear helps him.
Titan < ODM gear AP = Levi's durability = Levi's AP. Even if it was performed via ODM gear, Levi would still scale to it regardless

I re-watched the scene and that doesn't seem like a direct attack, Levi just happened to land on the Titans hand and he broke his ankle because he accidentally twisted it.
Well no, Annie was using her hardening to lure Mikasa in so she could swat her away, Levi saved her but got caught by Annie's slap, breaking his ankle before he could jump away

Titan < ODM gear AP = Levi's durability = Levi's AP. Even if it was performed via ODM gear, Levi would still scale to it regardless
Fair enough, there still is a point about inconsistency of titans though.
You're probably right, but I don't think we have an idea on how strong that particular attack scales, it obviously isn't stronger than her basic attacks.

The slap didn't damage him when it first made contact though. It just looks like Levi overextended his ankle after landing on her hand with bad balance, which resulted in him injuring his ankle by accident.

Edit: Also, the justification is garbage overall. How is Levi scaling to an attack that broke his bone?

Last edited:
The slap didn't damage him when it first made contact though. It just looks like Levi overextended his ankle after landing on her hand with bad balance, which resulted in him injuring his ankle by accident.
Annie was using her hardening to lure Mikasa in so she could swat her away, Levi saved her but got caught by Annie's slap, breaking his ankle before he could jump away

Edit: Also, the justification is garbage overall. How is Levi scaling to an attack that broke his bone?
Because it didn't completely evaporate his body and he was still well within in fighting shape

It more so looks like Levi acted before Annie's slap was actually in motion and landed on her hand, but then overextended his ankle which caused it to break.
Because it didn't completely evaporate his body and he was still well within in fighting shape
Eh.

Back