• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Greetings, fellow Witcher debaters ^^ hope you're all healthy and safe. I would like to turn your attention to the one and only Eredin, point out several interesting information, and hopefully initiate some valubale exchange.

For starters, during the quest "Hunting the Wild Hunt" in The Witcher, the Hermit claims that the King of the Wild Hunt (or rather his spectral emanation) is too powerful for any mortal to beat:

Obviously the Hermit is not omniscient (evident by Geralt defeating Eredin at the end of The Witcher), but seeing as he is very knowledgable (and is a servant of a goddess), I think it's safe to say his information should be valid. Therefore, Eredin should be superior to, well, any mortal alive at this point (such as Phillipa Eilhart).

This is further reinforced by Monsterbook (the artbook for The Witcher Collector Edition), which establishes Eredin as Geralt's most powerful in the game:
"Our protagonist's most powerful opponent is thus one of the game's most important and mysterious characters."
This puts him above the likes of Dagon ("a destruction incarnate"), Azar Javed (a guy who was compared to Vilgefortz), or Jacques de Aldersberg (a guy for whom Javed ran errands).

In the past I've encountered arguments claiming that Geralt's feats from de Aldersberg's vision shouldn't be treated literally, since the Ice Plains is essentialy a dream level. This, however, is wrong based on several pieces of dialogue:
  1. Triss claiming that "this is more than a dream";
  2. de Aldersberg praising Geralt for his ability to survive the hostile environment;
  3. Eredin commenting on on the wounds Geralt sustained during his fight with de Aldersberg.
There's also the fact that Geralt can obtain alchemical ingredients from the monsters encountered in the Ice Plains, and even brew potions he didn't have prior to being entraped in de Aldersberg's vision.

In short, while the Ice Plains is a dream level of a sort, it's still an accurate representation of Geralt's abilities.

So, what do you guys think?

Basically, upscaling I guess. Witcher's the top dog of 8-C, so Eredin can be baseline High 8-C. We've been planning to do this for some time but didn't cross our minds after the move. Vilgefortz would obviously be High 8-C for making Geralt and Yen his bitches, but I don't know if any other character upscales.

I'm fine with adding this as justification (The original is far too Geralt centric) but IDK about upscaling

He was still killed in one on one combat by Geralt

huh, i never even got a notification about this thread

But yeah as spooky said there should a scale for the witcher characters and monsters because not everyone is that comparable to one another even tho they all fall in the same tiering

The cutscenes in TW3 are pretty telling. Eredin was defeated handily by Geralt and couldn't react fast enough to dodge the final attacks that put him down.

Physical Eredin, yep. But astral Eredin is more powerful than Eredin in flesh. (He was still defeated by Geralt, but one of Geralt's main shitcks is defeating stronger opponents)

Back