• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The ability on her profile does give her prep for a fight but not for who she might be fighting.

This is so she’ll have the equipment on her at the beginning of the match i.e. capsules.
Woah woah woah, that’s not what it means at all. Preparation, as a power in the Powers and Abilities section, just means that the character has shown the ability to prepare for battle in an effort to increase their chances. It does not mean they get Automatic Preparation on any fights they enter.
In fact, SBA strictly denies assumed Preparation unless specified. Assuming it’s Automatic Prep for a Fight would be like saying someone’s Fire Manip is automatically used, just not at the opponent. That’s just a classification of an ability, nothing more.

Woah woah woah, that’s not what it means at all. Preparation, as a power in the Powers and Abilities section, just means that the character has shown the ability to prepare for battle in an effort to increase their chances. It does not mean they get Automatic Preparation on any fights they enter.
In fact, SBA strictly denies assumed Preparation unless specified. Assuming it’s Automatic Prep for a Fight would be like saying someone’s Fire Manip is automatically used, just not at the opponent. That’s just a classification of an ability, nothing more.
Hm? I've seen a lot of matches that give Prep time to characters before matches, even tho those characters don't have Preparation listed in their profile, which apparently effected their matches (I don't remember which matches tho).

What's the point of having Preparation listed in the Powers and Abilities section then?

Hm? I've seen a lot of matches that give Prep time to characters before matches, even tho those characters don't have Preparation listed in their profile, which apparently effected their matches (I don't remember which matches tho).
Yes. Because that’s allowed. You can give characters preparation time, of course you can. It’s just not SBA.

What's the point of having Preparation listed in the Powers and Abilities section then?
To properly categorize a characters strengths. This is an indexing wiki first, a Vsbattles wiki second. If they use Preparation, such as Batman preparing for the Justice League, we give it to them, like giving someone with Fire Manip Fire Manip.

So, do we take away Bulma's capsules and Joker's Anti Aircraft Gun? What does it mean for this match?

Bulmas Capsules are Standard Equipment. As are Jokers Guns. They just don’t get preparation. You can choose to give them preparation, I was just specifying a misconception.

Well, nothing changes in match then. I thought Preparation meant something else.

"My weak, defenseless self is doom."

"That's right sweet heart"

"Surpise! Catch!" Throws capsule at Joker.

Joker, sees small little object he has never seen before that looks like a toy, which seems funny to him because he loves toys, that he lets down his guard, he catches.

Click
Or, since she doesn't know him, and both are in the mindset of a fight, the fight ends within three seconds as one of the two shoots the other.

That goes against their personalities. Burton Joker loves to toy with his victims, especially toying with girls, while Bulma goes for using her looks to her advantage.

True enough, but he's not an idiot- besides, someone from a not as advanced 'verse isn't gonna think "why is this girl throwing a capsule above me", they're gonna think "oh, ****, an explosive"

True enough but the Capsule looks like a toy. Besides, we don't know if Bulma would throw it over his head (like throwing a bomb) or at him.

Both of those throws can resemble the way you throw a bomb. Besides, if there's one person on Earth that won't underestimate toy-shaped weapons that's the Joker.

Of course, if Joker toys with Bulma and Bulma uses her looks, she could convince Joker to believe the Capsule is a non-threat.

Does she have any decent Social Influencing feats? The Joker's not a dumbass, but you knew that already.

No, Joker isn't a dumbass.

I'm not sure you can count these as feats but

* Convinced Kid Goku to follow her after she shot him a bunch of times

* Convinced Master Roshi to give the Dragon Ball up with ease

* Convinced Mr. Popo to give the spaceship to her to go to Namek for the Dragon Balls

* Had Vegeta of all people fall in love with her

etc

There were probably more feats like this in early Dragon Ball that I don't remember but I think Bulma has a good chance to convince Burton Joker that the Capsules aren't a threat till he sees them used. Especially since this version likes toying with women.

No, Joker isn't a dumbass.

I'm not sure you can count these as feats but

* Convinced Mr. Popo to give the spaceship to her to go to Namek for the Dragon Balls

etc

There were probably more feats like this in early Dragon Ball that I don't remember but I think Bulma has a good chance to convince Burton Joker that the Capsules aren't a threat till he sees them used. Especially since this version likes toying with women.
Yeah the thing is "Vegeta of all people" Its very notable cause Vegeta back then Listens to no one

True enough, but he's not an idiot- besides, someone from a not as advanced 'verse isn't gonna think "why is this girl throwing a capsule above me", they're gonna think "oh, ****, an explosive"
I don't see why the assumption would be "explosive" tbh

"This person I am in a firefight with threw a small object over my head"

To be fair, Goku was really gullible and she had a secret weapon against Roshi.

And iirc Saiyans are attracted to those kinds of people because they remind them of Saiyan Women or something stupid like that, so it’s less of a feat for Bulma in Social Influencing and moreso.... instinct? Not really sure, but it’s not really a Feat.

I was just listing things I remember her doing. I wasn't sure (as I'm not knowledgeable in Dragon Ball) but her having these events is better than not having them.

I wasn't arguing that her dropping a building on him is likely, btw. Just saying it's a possibility. I'm voting for Bulma specifically because she has effectively the same wincon of just shooting Joker, tricking him, and potentially dropping a building on him. The only wincon that's been brought up for Joker is shooting her.

When shooting is gonna be the way the fight goes down 98% of the time, I don't really think the rest matters and Joker's gun feats are slightly better.

Versatility's pretty overrated in VSBW. Having an amazing wincon and a few decent ones against someone with only an amazing wincon only means the latter's more likely to use it.

bumping usually works and I already advertised on the Dragon Ball Discord. Maybe someone did a Genocide Run there because nobody came.

🥁

Back