• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LEGO Video Game Adaptations General Discussion Thread

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
I've decided to create this thread in order to start discussing and helping with the recreation of LEGO Video Game Adaptation pages. I wanted to start with LEGO DC as that is the verse that's the most fleshed out regarding its own story. I'll write out some things I'd like to discuss for profiles. Sorry if I talk a bit like this is in the content revision threads section at times.

A) Batman and Robin are musts, of course. Of course, lets be sure to differentiate each Robin. In LB1, its Dick Grayson, who is later Nightwing. In LB2 and LB3, its Tim Drake. In LDSV, its Damien Wayne. For other heroes, each main member of the Justice League requires pages.
B) Regarding villains, there's some obvious musts such as Joker, Lex Luthor, etc. I do plan on making a Legion of Doom team profile, so there's going to be a lot more I plan on making.
C) The Rookie from LEGO DC Super-Villains. This character has a ton of different abilities and will definitely have a more unique page layout due to their growth throughout the story.

Most importantly, the scaling. This is something that will become easier with the help of calcs, but here is what I can say for now. In Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes, we are introduced to other DC characters. Superman is a primary protagonist alongside Batman. Naturally, the game displays a great difference in power between the two, as well as how other heroes such as Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are far superior to Batman. The consistency does not end there. In LEGO DC Super-Villains, there are occasions where Batman's lack of powers are referenced. These moments are used to emphasize that Bruce isn't somebody on the same level as Clark or Diana. Additionally, Shazam is able to take out Joker and Harley Quinn at once with a casual attack.

Some characters utilize powers that are greater than their physicality. Poison Ivy is a great example. Physically, she's on Batman and Robin's level. With her plants however, she can briefly restrict the likes of Ultraman. Speaking of which...

The Rookie. This is a character that certainly requires more than one key. There's a clear implication that the Rookie gets stronger as the game goes on. For example, Poison Ivy is able to restrain them for some time until they are later freed and join in defeating her. A few levels later, the Legion of Doom are speaking with one another. What Ivy says during this meeting is quite telling

"But Ultraman is so powerful. We have our limits, Lex. Apart from the walking power absorber here."

Lets look back to the Ivy fight. After the Rookie is freed, they actually absorb another ability. After this, Ivy fights alongside Rookie and some other villains. This was a character that Pamela was capable of restraining for a decent amount of time priorly, but in a short time span, she recognizes this newcomer as superior to most of the Legion (at the time). We also have the Motherbox absorption as well as the altering of the Anti-Life Equation that comes later with Rookie, but that's a little more complicated to get into.

I've already began ability searching for Rookie and will do so with several other characters. Speaking of which, I'd like to address this character in regards to the planned Legion of Doom team profile. If the Justice League get one as well, I do not believe the Rookie should be placed on the JL team profile despite there being an ending where they choose to become a hero. Despite the possibility of this choice, they don't really become an official member, at least not on screen. Meanwhile, the Rookie was accepted into the Legion of Doom early on and worked as their teammate for the entire game, with the chance of them becoming the Legion's new leader suggested should the player choose to remain a villain.

TL;DR: The Rookie will be on the Legion of Doom team page, but not the Justice League team page

Anyways, that was just a few things on my mind regarding this. Feel free to discuss feats, abilities, or just the games in general. And a reminder, this is relevant to the LEGO DC games. Not the animated content

Last edited:
Bump

Also I might be posting some abilities stuff in here later

This does seem pretty interesting, I'll need to catch on back onto the Lego Batman games

I can help with stuff. I got the entire franchise in my Steam library, tho I've yet to play Lego Batman 3. With some much characters in these games, feels like we goona need some ground rules if we are to encourage the creation of Lego pages. You know, characters without story relevance and such.

I already started sandboxes for Batman, Lex Luthor and Tim Drake, but if anyone wants to make those pages, be my guests, I usually take a loooooong time until I publish anything

Could you share what you have from those sandboxes? I did start compiling abilities for Batman and the Robins months back, but due to certain circumstances, I sadly lost those

Thank you. I feel bad about losing my own draft since I separated a lot of abilities by innate, equipment, and suits along with some links, but this'll be a good way for me to get back into it if I will myself to

Decided to change the title of this thread to be more generalized. Seems better given this was the result of the revision thread I made and we can cover more ground

What feats do we have for the different Lego verses so far? Iirc in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga fodder could survive Capital Ship explosions but idk how useable that is.
I already covered in the original thread how the Skywalker Saga should be treated as separate from the original LEGO Star Wars pages. For LEGO Star Wars, our priority is the continuity with The Complete Saga and Clone Wars since those pages are up and way outdated

Funnily, I played the original LEGO Batman on my old PlayStation 2 a week ago and would like to get back into Indiana Jones at some point (childhood hit like a boulder). I'm quite sure that it's manual said Tim Drake is also Robin there, and even Batcave/Arkham Asylum's data facts & villain biographies at the start of Hero levels would also help out for supporting information.

Jack Sparrow (POTC) and Joker Mech (considering one of the main focuses on this thread) has respect threads on Reddit with non-Gfycat scans (there are Marvel RTs too, but they have latter).

Last edited:
I could make a list here of priority feats for calcs

LEGO DC Feats that should be calculated
-Batman destroys a bronze statue (Robin can do this as well)

LEGO Marvel Feats that should be calculated
-Thor knocks Magneto a far distance
-Hulk lifts and throws big things
-Doctor Octopus accidentally destroys a massive portion of the ground (he does this similarly multiple more times in the boss battle)
-Mystique dodges a laser (Cyclops lasers do in fact act as such in the game, and are even core to puzzle solving in levels)

Approved Calcs
-Thor lifts a chunk of stone

LEGO Star Wars Feats that should be calculated (Complete Saga/Clone Wars Continuity)
-A Stormtrooper tanks the Death Star explosion (For size reference, the Death Star II is given a size comparison to a moon)

Also, for the people following this thread, what do you think about the idea of keys for certain LEGO Star Wars characters? Like for Anakin. The reason I bring this up is because in Attack of the Clones, Dooku defeats him and Obi-Wan pretty deftly. In one of the secret Clone Wars levels, he and Ahsoka put up a better fight against Dooku and MagnaGuard, but still lose. In Revenge of the Sith, Anakin defeats and kills Dooku. And then of course, there’s Vader’s stuff, you get the idea

Of course this idea I’m proposing is mostly for Force users

EDIT: Luke’s also a pretty good example of this, giving how we very clearly see his progression across the levels he appears in

Last edited:
Also, for the people following this thread, what do you think about the idea of keys for certain LEGO Star Wars characters? Like for Anakin. The reason I bring this up is because I’m Attack of the Clones, Dooku defeats him and Oni-Wan pretty deftly. In one of the secret Clone Wars levels, he and Ahsoka put up a better fight against Dooku and MagnaGuard, but still lose. In Revenge of the Sith, Anakin defeats and kills Dooku. And then of course, there’s Vader’s stuff, you get the idea

Of course this idea I’m proposing is mostly for Force users

EDIT: Luke’s also a pretty good example of this, giving how we very clearly see his progression across the levels he appears in
I think keys for characters that actively get stronger throughout the story and/or characters that undergo a change in powerset (i.e: e Ray going from Scavenger abilities to Jedi abilities in TSWS) would be good.

I think keys for characters that actively get stronger throughout the story and/or characters that undergo a change in powerset (i.e: e Ray going from Scavenger abilities to Jedi abilities in TSWS) would be good.
Yeah, I think keys apply to both the classic continuity (TCS/CW) and the new one (TSWS). I mean, TSWS keeps in Anakin’s line about his powers doubling since his last encounter with Dooku, so there’s a literal multiplier for that one

Back